Consumer Electronics 'WOW' closing down sale

Remove this Banner Ad

it's like jb hi-fi but better, might be a qld only store. they made a bad investment last year so they're folding, all 14 stores.

Got my aunt to buy me a heap of stuff from her local store. Probably saved about 70% off normal prices.

I heard their closing down sale was crap when it started a few weeks ago.

Has it gotten better or is the OP just easily impressed by 'massive savings' on overpriced goods?

Has it gotten better or is the OP just easily impressed by 'massive savings' on overpriced goods?

5% off of TVs.

I think we can see why they are going out of business.

They were big on the bait and switch a few years ago - advertise a massive "while stocks last" deal on a TV to get people in, but only have one per store. Then sell the customer something else at full price.

The ol' bait and switch.

I had never heard of WOW until I got here to Brisbane. I had a look inside one one day and thought to myself 'this is just a shabbier looking version of Harvey Norman'.

When I heard they were going out of business, it didn't surprise me one bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harris Scarfe aren't bad on the bait and switch too.
People still shop at Harris Scarfe. Should have been left to die when it was in trouble 10 years ago.

Also is it just me or does Harris Scarfe have an identity crisis - it doesn't know whether it wants to be a low-end discount department store (ala Big W/K Mart) or a high-end department store (ala Myer/David Jones), so you end up with a store selling el-cheapo garbage at high-end prices.

Ummm yeh...fortunately I have Harvey Norman, Jbhifi, Retravision and Dick Smith within a 10km radius of where I live so did some comparing before I spent the hard earned dosh, and I reckon I saved about $600 on all the gear I bought compared to these other stores.

Having these within 10Km of WOW explains why it didnt last in this town.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back