Multiplat Wreckfest

Remove this Banner Ad

Have put 1200 odd hours into this on PC for some reason. The 24 player dedicated servers make a huge impact on replayability. I was pretty bored of the console version after a few days, the quick play/ matchmaking means there's no sense of community etc. Crazy enough the league racing in this is as fun if not more so than half the sims I play.

Yeah grabbed this when it came out too. Absolute bargain for $55. Up to the last set of races at the moment. So much fun. Only criticism would be that career needs a few more derby events or challenge type stuff to break up the racing, but overall I've probably played this more than any other game this year.

How much is it like Destruction Derby?

Definitely some heavy influence. You have races where you get extra points for spinning/damaging other cars and you also have demo derby bowls.

The damage in this is next level though, by the end of a race the track is littered with wreckage

Currently $44 at JB. So tempted to pick it up as I know I'll love it. But I know it's just going to sit there... about to finish Luigi's Mansion 3 and then Pokemon and Star Wars drops. :( Maybe over Xmas time!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, good fun, but I struggled with the handling tbh. Just end up getting pissed off at it
I've been playing this game on and off for a few months now, just in quick bursts for around 30 mins or so. I actually feel the same way, I've sort of given up on it and it really hasn't become enjoyable at any stage yet.

I've been playing this game on and off for a few months now, just in quick bursts for around 30 mins or so. I actually feel the same way, I've sort of given up on it and it really hasn't become enjoyable at any stage yet.

I'm pretty much the same. The handling is dogshit.

It's definitely more of a controller game than a wheel game. When you first start i'd run half stability, traction control off and half abs. Then run stiff suspension, locked diff and rear brakes (run gears to suit the track). I've found it to be the best multiplayer racing game i've ever played, both on clean and dirty servers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back