Wrestle Kingdom 13 - 4th Jan 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
If you’re not all watching NY Dash tonight, you should be. I thought that the last 2 years were angle-heavy, but match-weak. This year has already had 1 ******* excellent match and 1 great one, and we’re only just getting to the main event.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Bodyslam magazine reckons omega met wwe on Monday and got offered 3.5mil per year

Still say he ends up at aew
They'll offer him more and more until he says no .

But yeah that match was pretty sick. Had my attention 100% for the first 30 mins then it faded for a bit but was an amazing match all in all. Omega is so good.

I'm a bit the same with Cody and the Bucks, they're pretty funny on their youtube show and all that but in the ring I dunno?

I expected more from Ospreay too. Maybe his ribs were still ******.

End of the day I'm glad I paid $14 or whatever for it. Was a decent watch. Will wait to see what Jericho does whether I retain my sub though.
im like 97 percent sure Kenny will got to AEW

but WWE are lacking a face of the company atm especially with Roman gone, they should be offering him the same as AJ straight into the Main Event heck i would even go let him debut at the Rumble and Beat Lesnar at mania that would be a move and a half

my first Japan show it was great deffs worth the 14 dollars how often do they ppvs
Yeah I dunno, maybe. It'd be cool if they delayed the draft a little bit this year. Have Omega fight HHH or something and then eventually get him on SD. Could you imagine a SD with UE, Black, AJ, Joe, Bryan and Omega plus the rest.
Intresting that Omega has not yet signed with AEW that has me thinking he could wind up in the WWE.

Be Huge IF he was a Surprise Entrant in the Rumble
Agree as IF waits too long he might not get the Huge Offer from WWE

And with Reigns Out there is a Opening for Face of the Company is up
To be brutally honest, I hope Kenny Omega doesn't go to WWE. I rather he goes to AEW.

As tempting it is for Omega to go to WWE on a 3 mil a year contract, Is it worth that money to deal with Stephanie McMahons ego and dodgy creative people?

I want to see him sign with AEW and help this new company that could be a new Alternative to WWE, Impact wrestling, ROH etc.

To be brutally honest, I hope Kenny Omega doesn't go to WWE. I rather he goes to AEW.

As tempting it is for Omega to go to WWE on a 3 mil a year contract, Is it worth that money to deal with Stephanie McMahons ego and dodgy creative people?

I want to see him sign with AEW and help this new company that could be a new Alternative to WWE, Impact wrestling, ROH etc.

Problem is AEW is a long way from Competing with WWE so he might want to have at least 1 good run in the WWE

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006

Much as I hate the idea of him being lost to NJPW, I think most of us would have to admit that Kenny would be an idiot to turn them down if the $3.5m/yr number is accurate. He aint making that working with New Japan and with a start up company that, while it's well funded, still has to try and make money.

offtherails9

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2012
-
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Much as I hate the idea of him being lost to NJPW, I think most of us would have to admit that Kenny would be an idiot to turn them down if the $3.5m/yr number is accurate. He aint making that working with New Japan and with a start up company that, while it's well funded, still has to try and make money.

This may sound funny but creatively he may have better opportunities with new people in WWE than AEW

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
Problem is AEW is a long way from Competing with WWE so he might want to have at least 1 good run in the WWE

A long way from competing with WWE in terms of popularity worldwide of course, but I did read a story suggesting that AEW is offering up contacts very similar to WWE's.
It may be up to the wrestler to simply weigh up the following...
WWE: Become a household name, earn great money, not as much creative freedom.
AEW: Retain artistic freedom, earn great money, risk not being a worldwide star, take a risk on a brand new company to succeed.

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
A long way from competing with WWE in terms of popularity worldwide of course, but I did read a story suggesting that AEW is offering up contacts very similar to WWE's.
AEW: Retain artistic freedom, earn great money, risk not being a worldwide star, take a risk on a brand new company to succeed.

It's happened with countless pro wrestling and MMA promotions (competing with the UFC) before. They offer big money up front, but most major players are already contracted elsewhere, so the roster is thin, and they're not as profitable as hoped, then the money runs out. Meanwhile, WWE will always have the reputation and resources and funds to still be around tomorrow.

Kudos to these guys for starting their own promotion, but it would be poor short-sighted business for a WWE talent to jump ship for "creative freedom" and because an initial contract might be bigger.

WWE still more Secure job then AEW.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
well 21 years ago, WWE didn't offer the big money. WCW did. WCW paid Bret Hart 3 million a year to go to WCW

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
It's happened with countless pro wrestling and MMA promotions (competing with the UFC) before. They offer big money up front, but most major players are already contracted elsewhere, so the roster is thin, and they're not as profitable as hoped, then the money runs out. Meanwhile, WWE will always have the reputation and resources and funds to still be around tomorrow.

Kudos to these guys for starting their own promotion, but it would be poor short-sighted business for a WWE talent to jump ship for "creative freedom" and because an initial contract might be bigger.
Well back in the Day WCW had Ted Turner funding it plus the bunch of companies Turner owned such as CNN and TBS.

WCW was profitable in 1996 and 1997, but they spent a lot to get guys like Hogan, Savage, Nash and Hall on board. I enjoyed their period from September 4 1995 to January 4th 1999. I specifically marked those 2 dates as September 4th 1995 was the 1st WCW mnday nitro. January 4th 1999 was a Monday nitro too. But that night was the finger poke of doom which slowly drove WCW in decline.

ECW was another company that wasn't too bad in the 1990s. But they had their best talent raided by WWE and WCW. I was Glad they got a Deal with TNN. Then TNN screwed them over. Gutted they went down as they were producing a Pay Per View a month in 2000 and were a few million in debt. Some companies have tried to take ECWs fan base in Pennsylvania Such as Combat Zone Wrestling.

ROH I have heard of. They started small Like ECW working in small 500-1000 seat arenas. Now they Perform in Arenas such as the Hammerstein Ballroom and the 2300 arena (The old ECW Arena). Which those arenas have a Capacity of 1,500-2,500 seats. At least hey are in business and are profitable.

TNA/Impact Wrestling I was a massive fan of. I was actually watching both WWE and TNA/Impact PPVs from 2005-9. TNAs best years were from 2005-2009. Yes the Average TNA PPV buy rates ranged from 20-40,000 but they had a half decent product. Hell at one point TNA had a very good TV deal getting paid 10 million a year from TNN/Spike TV. and they were getting 1-1.5 million viewers each week. They got 2 million viewers on January 4th 2010 on that Monday Impact that went head to head with raw. I was hoping they could of continued with that and would eventually averaged 2-2.5 million viewer each week eventually. They were the undisputed 2nd biggest wrestling company in the US until 2017 when ROH took that spot. Once Spike TV ended their 10 million a year TV deal with TNA, I Knew they were stuffed.

As far as Japan Goes.....

Im glad New Japan has taken the chance to expand beyond Japan. All Japan was also a very big force in the 70s, 80s and 90s as well like New Japan. Pro Wrestling Noah is the number 3 biggest company in Japan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JOELY

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Pro Wrestling Noah is the number 3 biggest company in Japan.

Nah, I think they're on the upswing, but boy have the struggled recently. After the NJPW/Suzuki Gun thing started to sour apparently Marufugi scrambled to get a new deal with another company behind NJPW's back because he saw the writing on the wall, and it seems like it's been a positive, but it was close to dying. NJPW, DDT and Dragon Gate are the big three, then probably AJPW, BJW then NOAH, but those last three are fairly close.
I just got back from Tokyo and saw 8 or 9 shows and despite the main event being excellent the NOAH show was probably the flattest. Crowd just not into it and the promotion lacks spark. It's a shame because 00's NOAH is incredible and was huge in getting me into different styles of wrestling.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Nah, I think they're on the upswing, but boy have the struggled recently. After the NJPW/Suzuki Gun thing started to sour apparently Marufugi scrambled to get a new deal with another company behind NJPW's back because he saw the writing on the wall, and it seems like it's been a positive, but it was close to dying. NJPW, DDT and Dragon Gate are the big three, then probably AJPW, BJW then NOAH, but those last three are fairly close.
I just got back from Tokyo and saw 8 or 9 shows and despite the main event being excellent the NOAH show was probably the flattest. Crowd just not into it and the promotion lacks spark. It's a shame because 00's NOAH is incredible and was huge in getting me into different styles of wrestling.
Pro Wrestling Noah has fascinated me. Well, when it 1st started anyway. It was like 24 of those 26 guys left All Japan pro wrestling to form Pro wrestling Noah. I know guys like Vader Wrestled early in its formative years too.

Meltzer overrating this event significantly. Gave five matches 4.25 stars or more, and inexplicably gave the main event 5.75 stars.

IMO, there was nothing here worth more than 4 stars, and it was a pretty dull, disappointing event on the whole.

well he did attend the event, plus it's only 1 person's opinion.

Well, he's the most influential critic in wrestling, so his opinion tends to hold more weight than most. But in my opinion, he over-rated the matches and the event significantly.

It didn’t “click” with me either, but I’m not a regular NJPW viewer.

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
It didn’t “click” with me either, but I’m not a regular NJPW viewer.

It wasn't bad, just kind of average and flat, I guess.

I do think (like most recent WrestleManias) it suffered from being too long and trying to have too many guys on the card just for the sake of it. They were perhaps trying to force the "epic" feel with the last two matches as well.

Meltzer overrating this event significantly. Gave five matches 4.25 stars or more, and inexplicably gave the main event 5.75 stars.

IMO, there was nothing here worth more than 4 stars, and it was a pretty dull, disappointing event on the whole.

He's decided to take the piss now, surely.

I mean, his rating system suggests that the three greatest matches in the history of the business have happened in the last two years in NJPW, and that the main event was one of them.

I'd be suprised if literally anyone else agreed. Even the world's biggest Omega mark.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back