WrestleMania 33

Remove this Banner Ad

The planned main event was Taker vs Cena, but according to Meltzer, it's off the boards.

The rumoured main event at the moment is Goldberg vs Lesnar.

But, I'd rather see this. Despite their ages. Vince, please make it happen. Just for the child in all of us.

C2I28eRXEAA2UIA.jpg:large

The planned main event was Taker vs Cena, but according to Meltzer, it's off the boards.

But, I'd rather see this. Despite their ages. Vince, please make it happen. Just for the child in all of us.

They'd probably both fall down during their entrances and break their hip

A bit of a Tomspiracy going on there. ;)

Welp, here's my call for the WrestleMania 33 card. In my opinion it's realistic, but on the other hand, somewhat idealistic. I'd like to make some notes before I do this though.

- Assuming WrestleMania will be bumped to a five-hour show this year, especially seeing as last year's went for about 4 1/2 hours anyway
- I do not believe John Cena should win the title at the Rumble, as they would be wasting a massive storyline opportunity on John Cena winning his 16th World Championship. Should be a big deal, not a sidenote.
- This is under the assumption that Daniel Bryan was cleared by however many doctors he initially was and is given the opportunity for a proper farewell match.
- Very difficult finding a match for Dean Ambrose on this card, and I initially would have liked to see a Reigns/Joe match
- I'm assuming Finn Balor wins the Royal Rumble
- I'd love to see Kurt Angle return, however I struggle to see where his place would be on the card. Perhaps against The Miz, who deserves a high-profile match for the incredible year he has had.
- Struggled to find card spots for guys like Rusev (whom I love, dearly), Sami Zayn, Dolph Ziggler, American Alpha, Cesaro & Sheamus, New Day etc., as I didn't want to wash out mid-card title matches as multi-man matches. Could put them into the Andre match if you gave it a title shot stipulation though..

No Holds Barred
John Cena vs. The Undertaker

WWE Championship
AJ Styles (c) vs. Randy Orton vs. Bray Wyatt

WWE Universal Championship
Roman Reigns (c) vs. Finn Balor

Daniel Bryan vs. The Miz

Seth Rollins vs. Triple H

Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg

WWE United States Championship
Chris Jericho (c) vs. Kevin Owens

WWE Intercontinental Championship
Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Samoa Joe

Raw Women's Championship
Charlotte (c) vs. Bayley

Mixed Tag Team Match
Shaquille O'Neal & Sasha Banks vs. Big Show & Nia Jax

Rusev vs. Kurt Angle

SmackDown Women's Championship
Alexa Bliss (c) vs. Becky Lynch vs. Mickie James

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal
Braun Strowman wins

Last edited:
- I'd love to see Kurt Angle return, however I struggle to see where his place would be on the card. Perhaps against The Miz, who deserves a high-profile match for the incredible year he has had.

American Alpha vs Kurt Angle/Jack Swagger OR Angle vs Rusev

So yesterday, WON came out with what is being rumoured to be the WM card, or at least some matches on it. Which are:

Goldberg vs Lesnar
Reigns vs Undertaker
HHH vs Rollins
Jericho vs Owens
Wyatt vs Orton
Big Show vs Shaq
Charlotte vs Bayley vs Sasha vs Nia Jax

So yesterday, WON came out with what is being rumoured to be the WM card, or at least some matches on it. Which are:

Goldberg vs Lesnar
Reigns vs Undertaker
HHH vs Rollins
Jericho vs Owens
Wyatt vs Orton
Big Show vs Shaq

5 part-timer/oldie matches. Yay.

Goldberg vs Lesnar
Reigns vs Undertaker
HHH vs Rollins
Jericho vs Owens
Wyatt vs Orton
Big Show vs Shaq
I have been thinking that Vince want's Reigns to get over and he thinks Him Beating Taker might do it. Only works IF Reigns turns Heel

Orton and Wyatt for me be a Disappointment and WWE being Predictable:thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

goes for the respect handshake, Taker does the throat slash and gives him the tombstone to end the show

Then the next night Roman is celebrated as being champion and we don't see Taker for another 11 months

/Vince

Its a worry with the rumoured card circling, in 2015 there was always the hope of Rollins cashing in and the miniscule hope that HHHs ego would step aside for what was best for business but 1/2 aint bad.

Last year was just crap, don't remember much about it but this year could be the Worst Mania of all time, there is the potential for an awesome show but they seem to be going down the completely wrong route. It could be a case of watching it that night to fast forward 95% of the show and just watch Jericho v Owens

Its a worry with the rumoured card circling, in 2015 there was always the hope of Rollins cashing in and the miniscule hope that HHHs ego would step aside for what was best for business but 1/2 aint bad.

Last year was just crap, don't remember much about it but this year could be the Worst Mania of all time, there is the potential for an awesome show but they seem to be going down the completely wrong route. It could be a case of watching it that night to fast forward 95% of the show and just watch Jericho v Owens

If the rumours are true it sounds awful. 5 matches with part timers/oldies, 1 regular vs regular, ladder match, battle royal, women and we're done.

WrestleMania 33 Card - The realistic version

WWE Championship
Bray Wyatt (c) vs. Roman Reigns vs. Randy Orton

WWE Universal Championship
Kevin Owens (c) vs. Roman Reigns

The Undertaker vs. Roman Reigns

Seth Rollins vs. Triple H vs. Roman Reigns

Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg vs. Roman Reigns

Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman

WWE Intercontinental Championship
Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Roman Reigns

Raw Women's Championship