WrestleMania Favourites

Remove this Banner Ad

Well since the build up to WM 31 has been lackluster I figured maybe a way to get people pumped for the event would be to go back down memory lane and talk about past WM's and our favourite moments, matches, events etc.

I'll start off with a few questions:

Have you ever attended WM?
First WM you watched?
Favourite PPV?
Least Favourite PPV?
Favourite Top 5 Matches?
Favourite Moments?

I haven't actually gotten around to watching any before WM 16 yet...

- No

First WM you watched? - WM XX

Favourite PPV? - WM XIX

Least Favourite PPV? - I recently binge watched all of the last 10, Have to go WM 27

Favourite Top 5 Matches? Benoit vs HBK vs HHH (WM 20), Angle vs Lesnar (WM 19), Edge vs Foley (WM 22), Michaels vs Taker (WM 26), Austin vs Rock (WM X7)

Favourite Moments? Daniel Bryan winning the big one (WM 30), Taker returns (WM 20), Edge spear through flaming table (WM 22), Michaels elbows Vince through a table (WM 22),

There are so many good moments.

Last edited:
Have you ever attended WM? nah
First WM you watched? not sure
Favourite PPV? 20
Least Favourite PPV? 29
Favourite Top 5 Matches? The TLC matches. Rock vs Hogan. Rock vs Austin 01. Edge vs Foley.
Favourite Moments? Lesnar ending the streak.

Have you ever attended WM? - No, but I'm hoping to change that next year

First WM you watched? - I'm not sure, but the first I remember is WM 22

Favourite WM? - Tough call. I like 17, 19 and 23 all quite a bit.

Least Favourite PPV? - 27 by a loooong shot

Favourite Top 5 Matches? MITB 23, Savage v Steamboat 3, Austin v Rock 19, Michaels v Jericho 17 and Punk v Taker 29

Favourite Moments? Jeff Hardy jumping off the ladder in MITB (23), Bryan's win (30), End of an era (28), Benoit/Guerrero (20), Stone Cold bleeding out (13)

Have you ever attended WM? No, it's on my wish list, though.

First WM you watched? I think the first one I saw live was 21, been watching it live since.

Favourite PPV? I'm not sure, I enjoyed 24 and 26. 29 and 30 were also pretty good. 29 was a bit weird though as it had no backstage segments iirc.

Least Favourite PPV? 27 was pretty crappy from memory. Like, really crappy.

Favourite Top 5 Matches? I'm only going to list 2 as they stood out the most off the top of my head, Taker/HBK (25), Taker/Punk (29), not one match but the MITB matches were always pretty good.

Favourite Moments? Bryan at 30 and flairs retirement were pretty special. Cesaro lifting up Slow was a great moment.

Have you ever attended WM? - No, next year though.

First WM you watched? - WM 14

Favourite PPV? - 17 or 20

Least Favourite PPV? - 27

Favourite Top 5 Matches? In no particular order - Austin vs. Rock (WM17), Hogan vs Rock (WM18) TLC II (WM 17), Kurt Angle vs. Shawn Michaels (WM21), Randy Savage vs. Ricky Steamboat (WM3)

Favourite Moments? Curtis Axel and Eddie Guerrero celebrating with the two major titles at the end of WM 20. Brock ending Taker's streak. Daniel Bryan winning at WM30. Edge spearing Jeff Hardy 15 feet in the air at WM17. Mike Tyson knocking out HBK at WM14 (JR's commentary was perfect). Austin passing out to the sharpshooter (that famous picture) with blood streaming down his face, causing the double turn (WM13).

Have you ever attended WM? - Nope certainly on the bucket list though.

First WM you watched? - 21

Favourite WM? - Best of the live ones ive seen is 28, but saw 17 and 19 on WWE network recently and both were great.

Least Favourite PPV? - 27 miz lol.

Favourite Top 5 Matches? Austin v Rock 17, Michaels v Taker 25, Michaels v Y2J 19, Michaels v Angle 21, TLC 17.

Favourite Moments? Holy f*** moment after the streak ended, Edge spears to Foley and Jeff Hardy, Austin's Heel turn, Benjamin through the ladder WM 24?

Have you ever attended WM? No

First WM you watched? 22

Favourite PPV? 18

Least Favourite PPV? 27

Favourite Top 5 Matches? Savage vs Steamboat 3, Austin vs Bret Hart 13, TLC 17, Hogan vs Rock 18, HBK vs Taker 25,

Favourite Moments? Hogan slamming Andre at 3 gives me goosebumps, The finish to Austin/Hart at 13 is legendary, Scott Hall over-selling the stunner at 18 was awesome, Bryan winning the belt at 30 was a great moment, The Streak ending at 30 was shocking too.

First WM you watched? WrestleMania IX
Favourite WM? I'd have to re-watch them again to single out one, but I remember Mania X, XX & X-7 all being very good.
Least Favourite WM? It was awesome at the time given it was only the 2nd PPV I'd ever seen, but having watched it since Mania IX really was pretty s**t. Most of 25 pissed me off outside the Taker-Shawn match and the Orton-Trips main was terrible, 27 is also up there due to making the entire show a promo for 28.
Top 5 Matches? Austin vs. Bret (13), HBK vs. Angle (21), Trips vs. HBK vs. Benoit (20), Austin vs Rock (X-7), Savage vs. Steamboat (3)
Favourite Moments? Bryan winning the Title last year; Benoit-Eddie moment at the end of WM 20; Bret-Owen staredown at the end of Mania X; Streak ending

Have you ever attended WM? - Yes Yes Yes WM 29 (Going next year as well)

First WM you watched? - WM 19

Favourite PPV? - WM 20

Least Favourite PPV? -WM 23

Favourite Top 5 Matches? Angle vs Lesnar (WM 19), Michaels vs Taker (WM 26), Dudleys vs Hardys vs E&C (WM 20)

Favourite Moments? Edge spearing Jeff Hardy from the ladder, Michaels slapping the Taker

Have you ever attended WM? No. Will get around to it some day.

First WM you watched?
XV (1999).

Favourite PPV? X-Seven (2001). I was 13 and it was the peak of my late childhood/early teenage interest and in hindsight it was Attitude Era WWF's last peak. An influx of former WCW wrestlers followed and within a year the brand split had begun.

Least Favourite PPV? XIX (2003). Foxtel were having some dispute with WWE about carrying the PPVs so I couldn't borrow a tape off anybody. I watched it 2 months later on DVD knowing who won so the fun was all gone. 12 years ago downloading everything wasn't a thing (in my house anyway).

Favourite Top 5 Matches?
Triangle ladder match at 2000, WWF Championship match at 2000, Rock vs Hogan at X8, TLC2 at X-Seven, WWF Championship at X-Seven. These are just based off my memories not any recent critical viewing.

Favourite Moments?
Linda McMahon steps out of the chair at X-Seven, crowd reaction for Rock vs Hogan at X8, Shane McMahon jumps across the ring to kick a bin into Vince's face at X-Seven, Último Dragón slipping over at XX, Test getting caught in the ropes at X-Seven haha those last two are jokes :p

I just watched WM23 again and the backstage segment with Vince and Steph is the greatest thing in WrestleMania history.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you ever attended WM? No but I plan on attending next year.

First WM you watched?
WrestleMania 20 but have gone back and watched 15 through to 30. Haven't watched 27 yet.

Favourite PPV?
WrestleMania 19. Also really enjoyed WM 17, 20, 21 and 28

Least Favourite PPV?
A toss up between WM 15 or WM 29. Only enjoyed one match on each PPV (Rock Vs Austin and Punk Vs Taker)

Favourite Top 5 Matches?
Benoit Vs HBK Vs HHH (WM 20), TLC 2 (WM 17), HBK Vs Jericho (WM 19), HBK Vs Angle (WM 21), Angle Vs Lesnar (WM 19)

Favourite Moments?
Streak Broken (WM 30), Benoit and Guerrero celebrating (WM 20), Jeff Hardy leg drop off the ladder to kill Edge (WM 23), Edge spear through the flaming table (WM 22), Undertaker's face after HBK kicks out of the tombstone (WM 25), The Undertaker returning (WM 20)

First WM you watched? Wrestlemania XIII
Favourite PPV? Wrestlemania VIII, changes over the years but that had a few really good matches on it plus some good bits I rewatch.
Least Favourite PPV? Wrestlemania IX followed closely by XI, barely watched either of them
Favourite Top 5 Matches? Hart v Austin (XIII), Jericho v Punk (XXVIII), Hart v Piper (VIII), Michaels v Jericho (XIX),
Favourite Moments? Rock, Hogan and Austin promo (XXX), Hart wins title (X)

Watching a copy of 17 I downloaded yonks ago. Test getting caught in the ropes is there but the dicks have cut out Eddie Guerrero slipping off the apron :mad:

For my answers I'll only include events I watched live, as I think it's the fairest way to judge a show. It's always going to always be critiqued differently in retrospect

- Not yet. But I'll attend either Mania or the Rumble before I die

First WM you watched? - 21, but I started watching during the road to wrestlemania 20

Favourite PPV? - Wrestlemania 24. So underrated out of PPVS from the last ten years

Least Favourite PPV?
- 27. What even was that? You could not get a more underwhelming road to mania. This was when I was seriously giving up on WWE, and then a few months later Punk would change all that for me.

Favourite Top 5 Matches? In no order, Shawn Michaels vs Kurt Angle, Undertaker vs Edge, Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels (25), Edge vs Mick Foley, CM Punk vs Undertaker

Favourite Moments - Streak ending, Lil' Naitch running down the ridiculously long ramp to count Undertaker's tombstone pinfall on Edge, Shawn Michaels hitting sweet chin music on Ric Flair, Shelton Benjamin running up a ladder and clotheslining Jericho, there's this hilarious moment in the HIAC match where Triple H lines the sledgehammer against Undertaker's head while he's on the steps, he takes a huge swing back only for HBK to take the sledgehammer of him, my mates and I call it the time Triple H contemplated murder to end the streak :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back