WrestleMania XXVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Wrestle Mania XXVII

Considering Lawler is 61 and probably hasn't used the piledriver for a good 20 years, I think it's probably a smart move especially if they want Cole to live.

So are people actually interested in Wrestlemania? I only have a mild interest in the Rhodes/Mysterio, Miz/Cena, Del Rio/Edge and Punk/Orton matches. And that is only because of the heels in each, and it seems very unlikely that they would all win their matches. Even though storyline and development wise it would make sense.

Best case scenario for me would be...

Sheamus vs Bryan
Lawler vs Cole
Mysterio vs Rhodes
4 Random Wrestlers vs The Corre
Trish, some chick who can't wrestle & some guy who can't cut a promo vs Ziggler & LayCool
Orton vs Punk
Edge vs Del Rio
Undertaker vs Triple H
The Miz vs Cena

Considering Lawler is 61 and probably hasn't used the piledriver for a good 20 years, I think it's probably a smart move especially if they want Cole to live.

Just one more piledriver... please :p

I think I hate Cena now too after he ambushed the Rock :mad:

I imagine its because of what Chris stated and Coles lack of training but it does suck, the drop from the ropes just doesnt have the same impact as a good old piledriver :(

It is hard to get very excited about Mania this year, but there is just enough interest throughout different matches to get the PPV

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this WrestleMania will be looked back on as a 'transitional' event in some ways.

A fair number of stars have left (Michaels, Batista, Jericho) and both championship matches have new main eventers, one of whom has been in WWE less than a year.

There's also a fair number of people making their WrestleMania debuts.

I am looking forward to it.

The good thing though is there should be more pressure to have more high quality matches

Although Lance Storm does predict the event will suffer from the fact alot of the matches people will be expecting interference from someone and they wont get really into it untill that person comes out which he does have fair point about, everyone wants to know what will Christian do, the Rock, Swagger and Austin, HBK

Anyway an interesting match lineup from a paper in Atlanta that claims to be the offical order

* United States Champion Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan

* Jerry Lawler vs. Michael Cole with special referee "Stone Cold" Steve Austin

* Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes

* Big Show, Kane, Santino Marella and Vladimir Kozlov vs. Ezekiel Jackson, Heath Slater, Justin Gabriel and Wade Barrett

* John Morrison, Trish Stratus and Snooki vs. Dolph Ziggler and Lay-Cool

* Randy Orton vs. CM Punk

* World Heavyweight Champion Edge vs. Alberto Del Rio

* The Undertaker vs. Triple H (No Holds Barred Match)

* WWE Champion The Miz vs. John Cena
WWE would rarely have their 3 big matches in a row and I cant see Lawler v Cole being too early, instead I see it one of the last matches just before one of the big main events then you have the Austin drinking beer fest for the live crowd whilst they go to the buildup for the main event to follow

It has got me worried about where the company should be headed post Mania because i dont know if I have the faces and heels mixed up, but it seems the only heel to have won any Wrestlemania title match was HHH and Jericho last year over the last 7 years
Well when you want to have Cena win every WM then it's hard for a heel to get a look in.

I thought the build up for the Taker/HHH match was solid but a bit meh. That was until RAW this week. The whole respect thing and then the bit with HBK and his inability to say that his best friend would win no doubt, it just jumped up a notch.

Will HBK interfere? Is it time for the Deadman to be put down? Can HHH do what everyone else couldn't? It's all of a sudden become a must see.

Worst Wrestlemania of all time. I don't even think its close to be honest.

Re-watched recently and it was a 3 match show only. Taker vs Triple H (Which was still the worst of their trilogy), Cody vs Rey and Orton vs Punk.

Edge vs Del Rio was fine, but Alberto was always overrated and never belonged in a world title match at Wrestlemania, and it took forever just to get to the first match because The Rock sucked the air out of the place with his opening monologue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back