WRFL Div 1 Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

CS should be thrilled that their players are getting the opportunity to play at a higher level

The whole CS - Bullants thing is a win/lose situation for CS. Some of their players, especially tessari deserve to be playing a higher level of footy, but at the same time they’re losing great talent.

The real question is, is BH taking cs players and he knows their potential or is he just getting back at the club?

The whole CS - Bullants thing is a win/lose situation for CS. Some of their players, especially tessari deserve to be playing a higher level of footy, but at the same time they’re losing great talent.

The real question is, is BH taking cs players and he knows their potential or is he just getting back at the club?

I get accused of being negative here. But surely Holland is taking players he thinks can help him?

The benefits to CS is if he gets the arse, those players come back better for the experience.

They also carry more points so they are less attractive to rivals to poach.

There's a benefit too.

Cs just aren't seeing it at the moment

I was told he broke his ankle and that he most likely wouldn’t play again this year and who knows beyond that.
It’s a big loss for Yarra as I also heard he’s been great around the club with their young talent and some coaching and leadership stuff.

I was told he broke his ankle and that he most likely wouldn’t play again this year and who knows beyond that.
It’s a big loss for Yarra as I also heard he’s been great around the club with their young talent and some coaching and leadership stuff.
Similar to what I was told. I was told it was an ankle op from an injury while at North that they suddenly agreed to pay for.

With no polak and Varcoe hardly playing , still think yse have been traveling ok , with these 2 in , they would surely be up there !
Then again , PC have been doing well without Dahlhaus
I'd agree. Thought they were pretty good against Altona in R1, probably just lacked a little polish.

PC going ok too.

No real opinion on this specific situation but I question the value players gain from a handful of vfl games.

The suggestion that the title “vfl player” lifts the output of a players doesn’t align with what I’ve seen at local level.

If I was CS I would be protecting the interests of my own club.

No real opinion on this specific situation but I question the value players gain from a handful of vfl games.

The suggestion that the title “vfl player” lifts the output of a players doesn’t align with what I’ve seen at local level.

I think players have a lot to gain from any VFL experience. To do a pre season at a VFL club alone would make you a better player, but to play at that level with and against AFL listed players has to have a positive effect

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But he will as soon as the payout and legal aspect is finalised….ala Dane Swan and others
Most time the afl legal team have to Rick of whether they play. Most players get a potion if the pay from an injury payout. So need to be ticked off by the afl because any future injuries the player will still be covered by the aflpa injury payment scheme pay for by the afl.

That's fine but good luck telling a player that they can't play at a higher level & expecting them to stick with you.
Regardless of Holland's wishes, it's ultimately the players call.

That's fine but good luck telling a player that they can't play at a higher level & expecting them to stick with you.
Definitely the players call and agree you wouldn’t actively stop them playing. Just don’t think it helps your club either way.

How many CS players would have played for the Bullants yesterday?

Went down to Willy yesterday to watch them v Bullants, got to say they were vastly undermanned and beaten by 70+ points.

Surely limited benefit in playing at a higher level if you are getting belted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back