WRFL Div 2 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I give credit to Rockbank as they keep going. Very difficult area to get players in. Nice surface but no families around that side of the freeway really. If they can hold tight it might improve with houses going up but it’s a long process. But they could easily throw it in but they continue to go on. 👏👏
Agreed mate, that's why I love the club good people aswel! We are working with the council to improve the ground aswell

I give credit to Rockbank as they keep going. Very difficult area to get players in. Nice surface but no families around that side of the freeway really. If they can hold tight it might improve with houses going up but it’s a long process. But they could easily throw it in but they continue to go on. 👏👏
There is families there mate just not the type you'd generally associate with playing footy. Same problem a lot of the clubs in the outer west have. Been saying it for years in our "Future of the WRFL" thread, whoever can get these first gen Australians footy will unlock an absolute gold mine!

Braybrook in trouble, they have just advertised for a thirds coach, not sure about quality of senior side, only Braybrook know that, but they seem to have plenty of numbers.
Rockbank might advertise a Thirds coach soon if they have 50 on the books?

Agree with you In the thirds they talk smack about other clubs and old committee
“change of commitee and personal is making the club better mate”

Imagine being involved at the club in the past and you post that. Why would anyone help?

Like Laverton Nuffy mentioned they have burnt sponsors as well who have walked away because you treated them crap as well as the players who played in a much better competition RDFL

TBF I think Thornhill Park and Aintree have better future prospects than Rockbank.

A new club with new facilities being formed by a newly built, local community with people becoming 'pioneers' for a new club as they get involved from the beginning has more attraction that what Rockbank currently offers IMO.

Rockbank might advertise a Thirds coach soon if they have 50 on the books?

Agree with you In the thirds they talk smack about other clubs and old committee
“change of commitee and personal is making the club better mate”

Imagine being involved at the club in the past and you post that. Why would anyone help?

Like Laverton Nuffy mentioned they have burnt sponsors as well who have walked away because you treated them crap as well as the players who played in a much better competition RDFL
Not bad by a bloke from Glen ordern, couldn't find ya way out of a wet paper bag ya nuffy! Just stop shitting on the rams cobba

I will admit that’s true the money they’ve lost in sponsorship the last two years is staggering

Land transport left with Marty

Even one of the guys that went to braybrook was telling me his old man’s mates raised 30k for the club last year

This is not even including the “money man” everyone was talking about he’s at braybrook too now

I also sponsored the club the last two years

Moral of the story is make your sponsors feel appreciated

Give em a hoodie and stubby holder beanie whatever as a token of your appreciation

I agree in part but if you get to the point where you need to fill numbers and possibly ask players to help for a game or two you cannot expect to charge them membership. Not sure of the situation in question but just saying each case can be different.
It’s not the guys they pulled off the street they want money from it’s the guys that attended pre season played almost of the year

Every club has these bloke every year it’s not confined to rockbank but I like clubs taking a stand and not letting players get away without paying membership

It’s not the guys they pulled off the street they want money from it’s the guys that attended pre season played almost of the year

Every club has these bloke every year it’s not confined to rockbank but I like clubs taking a stand and not letting players get away without paying membership
Your a good bloke mate

There is families there mate just not the type you'd generally associate with playing footy. Same problem a lot of the clubs in the outer west have. Been saying it for years in our "Future of the WRFL" thread, whoever can get these first gen Australians footy will unlock an absolute gold mine!
Primary school is the answer!

He is telling you that you have burnt your sponsors and you are saying he is a good bloke.

Rockbank is in good hands with the new committee what an absolute fool.

STOP BURNING PLAYERS/COMMITTEE/UMPIRES/COACHES
We aren't burning anyone champ, always 2 sides of the story mate, maybe understand ours before you jump down our throats

We aren't burning anyone champ, always 2 sides of the story mate, maybe understand ours before you jump down our throats
Good on you for sticking up for your club, it’s great to see.

The Rams have their challenges and hopefully others can be resilient like you.

Besides beating on the Rams (and the other bottom feeders), does anyone have any knowledge of praccies?

Surely most clubs have some organised by now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Primary school is the answer!
That is a Primary school AFL competition. Non-AFL combatants would get a taste, and Clubs would start getting U18s through their juniors.
It won't happen immediately, but the results will be there in 4 - 5 years.
If no-one is prepared to get off their arses and do nothing about resurrecting primary school footy the WRFL will be phukkt in 5 years.
Having school footy teams attached to clubs..... think about it!

Hi guys

Sorry but last year's is the best we can do. Apparently playhq is not set up to show clearances generally. Clubs can see them but not the punters. Other leagues are finding the same thing.
Post from EDFL

Won't give my thoughts on the move to playhq but it's refreshing to know the league and clubs aren't at fault this time. 👍

Cheers

Grumpy
Just had a look and clearances are available as an XLS file from the Club Hub, not as handy as the previous online version but at least the information is available if you don't mind jumping through hoops. Haven't had a look at how EDFL have set up but they now also have the info available Post from EDFL

That is a Primary school AFL competition. Non-AFL combatants would get a taste, and Clubs would start getting U18s through their juniors.
It won't happen immediately, but the results will be there in 4 - 5 years.
If no-one is prepared to get off their arses and do nothing about resurrecting primary school footy the WRFL will be phukkt in 5 years.
Having school footy teams attached to clubs..... think about it!
Spotswood, YSE, all Newport, Altona and most Williamstown primary schools in their areas participate in the local Friday morning competition.

Not one of those local clubs, viz Altona, Spotswood, Willi CYs or YSE are struggling (may not be premiers every year) as there is a constant injection from their local Juniors into their senior ranks, through the U18s.

The past three years have seen Williamstown, YSE and Newport Juniors finishing in the top 3 in the U16s.

Newport Juniors hasn’t (yet) fielded a senior side. However, their juniors are dispersed between Altona, Spotswood, YSE and Willi CYs.

It's not hard to work out.

Another issue I see with rockbank is the term “western rams”

It’s a generic term that means nothing I can understand why they they tried it but it hasn’t changed a thing

Footy is meant to be suburb vs suburb not general geographic area vs suburb

A lot of the clubs that have tried the western southern names to try improve the club end up reverting to the original name in time anyway

If you told someone you played
For the western rams unless they familiar with them they wouldn’t have a clue what you’re talking about

It’s a generic term that means nothing I can understand why they they tried it but it hasn’t changed a thing

A lot of the clubs that have tried the western southern names to try improve the club end up reverting to the original name in time anyway

For the western rams unless they familiar with them they wouldn’t have a clue what you’re talking about
Agreed. Not a smart move by the club at the time in my opinion.

Yep not a fan

Laverton did it and were Western Magpies for about 10 years. Got them absolutely no where, the seniors were getting belted by 250 points every week for pretty much that entire 10 years and Point Cook also came in during that time and stole all there juniors. If the Rams arent careful the same thing could happen with Aintree and the like coming in.

They'll come to there senses and revert back to Rockbank at some stage

elitesuburbanfootballer2 dont take it personally mate I dont think anyone is having a personal dig at your club. Its a footy forum, we talk sh!t.

Yep not a fan

Laverton did it and were Western Magpies for about 10 years. Got them absolutely no where, the seniors were getting belted by 250 points every week for pretty much that entire 10 years and Point Cook also came in during that time and stole all there juniors. If the Rams arent careful the same thing could happen with Aintree and the like coming in.

They'll come to there senses and revert back to Rockbank at some stage

elitesuburbanfootballer2 dont take it personally mate I dont think anyone is having a personal dig at your club. Its a footy forum, we talk sh!t.

What about the Suns, doesn’t really associate with any area, but they seem to being doing OK?

What about the Suns, doesn’t really associate with any area, but they seem to being doing OK?
Seniors no doubt Suns over the last 3 years are doing well, but what do they have in their junior ranks coming through?

Outside of Point Cook and Districts no other Wyndham club have strong junior programs.

Seniors no doubt Suns over the last 3 years are doing well, but what do they have in their junior ranks coming through?

Outside of Point Cook and Districts no other Wyndham club have strong junior programs.
AND we all know why!
Please read my scripts, Friday 11:08pm + Sunday 9:56pm, and pull your heads out of the sand.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back