WRFL Div 3 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Few Rumours are about now! Let me inform you all of what I’m hearing, some old news some new stuff.

1. Ex Female President came out a few weeks ago and said Titans are in the best shape they have been in years! Not sure how that can be when There Current President has pulled the Pin, Players are departing with the likes of Jubb to Parkside, Goal Sneak Ryan Potter to another div 3 side. Also 2months ago Tarneit announced Palmer had signed on for 2022 this is now not the Case, so the Club is after there 7th President and a New Senior Coach. If that’s the best shape then WOW!

2. Talks around the streets are Albanvale announcing players that won’t be playing in the blue and white in the coming season with the Likes of Brooks and Miller, Kym Taylor I’ve heard is on the move and we all know the Cameron brothers have gone to Rockbank with Greenwood to follow. More to come, digging deeper on this side lol. Cheque Book has definitely closed I believe.

3. Braybrook lost a few good players topping up with Rubbish IMO other than Ricky Howell, be interesting to see where they’ll be, come seasons start. We all know where they’ll think they’ll be so let’s not go there.

4. Sunny Heights, well where to begin, No Coach announced is a big concern, hearing Ahmedi is set to hang the boots, Roger is departing the club along with Stevie and Ricky has already left and a few others (confirm others later) very quite at the Dragons, digging deeper here to find out more.

5. North Sunshine not even going to bother

6. Laverton same as above

7. Suns, have lost a couple in Todd, Jordan and Cook. Have recruited an absolute Beast in Devan Ellis, Rumoured to have a few more on the Radar with the Likes of Brenden Wilson and Lucas Andrew. Digging more here to see who else they may be looking into.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Anymore going on here?

Everything points to Albanvale v Suns GF already?

braybrook lost more than they gained and sunny heights might leap frog them?

Anymore going on here?

I can tell you heights are not leap frogging anyone besides lavo at this stage

WRFL Division 3 footy is dead at this stage

3 teams with a huge gap between the best

3 byes a year is an absolute snooze fest

I can tell you heights are not leap frogging anyone besides lavo at this stage

WRFL Division 3 footy is dead at this stage

3 teams with a huge gap between the best

3 byes a year is an absolute snooze fest
Who’s the third team, you can’t tell me Braybrook are anywhere near the other 2.
Any signings at Cobras Suns or even Braybrook?

Who’s the third team, you can’t tell me Braybrook are anywhere near the other 2.
Any signings at Cobras Suns or even Braybrook?

Regardless of wherever braybrook sit

I would think the best improvers will be tarneit under Brent

Albanvale too good in my eyes

Albanvale
Suns
Braybrook
Tarneit

and the other three might not even get teams together

Regardless of wherever braybrook sit

I would think the best improvers will be tarneit under Brent

Albanvale too good in my eyes

Albanvale
Suns
Braybrook
Tarneit

and the other three might not even get teams together
I agree Tarneit will be the biggest improvers, Have they recruited? Also who left with Palmer? Any news on what went wrong there?

Also why do you have Cobras above Suns? I also Albanvale as the team to beat their top 10 players are quality. Suns not far off though.

Anymore going on here?

Unfortunately after writing this post, everyone has gone tight lipped, all my sources from various clubs have gone underground lol, no juicy intel..

Heights Did Well with the appointment of Greto Being Assistant, he may lure players who were thinking about retiring to go one last time. Smart move in my opinion, absolute gentleman of a bloke and a club legend! Should have a really good following behind him after all these years.

Tarneit, should improve now with the Brent taking the reigns, who does he recruit/ bring across with him? only time can tell, no one’s saying nothing down there.

Albanvale, they are really keeping quite from last post made by myself, can’t get any info.

Suns, exactly the same, reached out to a couple of people, no news on any recruits just numbers have been consistently over 30+ every session. But don’t clubs all say that. They’ll still be right in the finish.

Braybrook, vocal early but now have disappeared, ask anyone down there and they have this in the bag, like every year.. I believe they’ve lost a lot and gained stuff all, but hey it’s still very early days!

Agreed Division 3 is a farce

Looks like minimal games to watch this year

I think we need to get a handle on what Div 3 WRFL competition is. It is the bottom division, it should have been a Clubbies comp, it isn't and has a Salary cap of 50K. It is the lowest Div that blokes in the Western region can play, if we don't have this Div 3 comp you basically will have no where else to play.

The league stuffed Div 3 when it allowed Parkside to drop from Div 1 to div 3, Glenorden to come back through Div 3, bringing in Newport into Div 3, this was all done in the best interest of the clubs mentioned not the clubs in Div 3. Div 3 was building as a pretty competitive comp look then this happened and took the stuffing out of a number of clubs.

I think we need to get a handle on what Div 3 WRFL competition is. It is the bottom division, it should have been a Clubbies comp, it isn't and has a Salary cap of 50K. It is the lowest Div that blokes in the Western region can play, if we don't have this Div 3 comp you basically will have no where else to play.

The league stuffed Div 3 when it allowed Parkside to drop from Div 1 to div 3, Glenorden to come back through Div 3, bringing in Newport into Div 3, this was all done in the best interest of the clubs mentioned not the clubs in Div 3. Div 3 was building as a pretty competitive comp look then this happened and took the stuffing out of a number of clubs.
Disagree with this take for the reason Albanvale have had a list since 2019 that would be more than competitive in Div 2. As Glen Orden who would have played div 2 finals last year proved. Regardless if they would have been eliminated straight off the bat. Albanvale had a better
list in 2020 and never got a crack.

Suns this year also had a competitive div 2 side and gather braybrook probably would have beaten at least West and Central’s and maybe even Albion.

I’m not at all impressed with Div 2 and think that standard has decreased significantly in the last 2/3 years. Plenty of blokes plying div 3 that can or already have played Div2.

personally I would have sent West back to Div 3 to give it an 8 team
Comp and make it interesting. Manor Lakes out of the comp has hurt and their reintroduction to Div 3 would also make it
Fact of the Matter is Div 2 isn’t much better bar Parkside and Wyndhamvale. Parkside spend a fortune and vale went up to div 1. The rest are pretty average sides too.

The real problem sits with the bottom
Of Div 3
Laverton and North Sunshine. Who would get beaten by most reserve sides. League needs to band together and try make them
Competitive. Financially and for points they should get some big concessions to get going again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disagree with this take for the reason Albanvale have had a list since 2019 that would be more than competitive in Div 2. As Glen Orden who would have played div 2 finals last year proved. Regardless if they would have been eliminated straight off the bat. Albanvale had a better
list in 2020 and never got a crack.

Suns this year also had a competitive div 2 side and gather braybrook probably would have beaten at least West and Central’s and maybe even Albion.

I’m not at all impressed with Div 2 and think that standard has decreased significantly in the last 2/3 years. Plenty of blokes plying div 3 that can or already have played Div2.

personally I would have sent West back to Div 3 to give it an 8 team
Comp and make it interesting. Manor Lakes out of the comp has hurt and their reintroduction to Div 3 would also make it
Fact of the Matter is Div 2 isn’t much better bar Parkside and Wyndhamvale. Parkside spend a fortune and vale went up to div 1. The rest are pretty average sides too.

The real problem sits with the bottom
Of Div 3
Laverton and North Sunshine. Who would get beaten by most reserve sides. League needs to band together and try make them
Competitive. Financially and for points they should get some big concessions to get going again.

Pretty sure Braybrook did beat Albion and Parkside in a practice match

Cobras
Suns
Braybrook
More than competitive in Div2

Heights and tarneit would be ok but also with the higher division would have more Cap to spend on players

Laverton and Nth sunshine are just pro longing the inevitable

Scrap Div 3 it’s boring

Pretty sure Braybrook did beat Albion and Parkside in a practice match

Cobras
Suns
Braybrook
More than competitive in Div2

Heights and tarneit would be ok but also with the higher division would have more Cap to spend on players

Laverton and Nth sunshine are just pro longing the inevitable

Scrap Div 3 it’s boring

How about giving Laverton and Nth Sunshine the credit they deserve for fielding teams every year.

How about giving Laverton and Nth Sunshine the credit they deserve for fielding teams every year.
I would love to see the league give them huge points concessions and even financial support.

Couldn’t agree takes far more to show up and put it together at the bottom of the ladder like they have.

Div3 and the league are far better for Lavo And North being stronger. Should be an absolute priority

Without those two clubs a lot of average footballers who get paid (in Div 3🤣🤣) would struggle to get a game in Div 2 as there wouldn’t be a Div 3. Have respect for other clubs because without them it’d be a whole lot worse.
Also gives many players a chance to continue to play football, with out Div 3 there will be a lot of players that love playing that wouldn't get a chance to play.

Obviously you don’t volunteer, huge effort for those people to show up especially the non playing ones.

Have heard Albanvale have signed another two decent players with another couple sniffing around,

Not Knocking the volunteers but you can whip a dead horse it ain’t coming back to life

Albanvale will be hard to beat this year my tip for the flag

Suns lost to many and signed very few

Braybrook signed some depth but haven’t seen any players to excite yet

Tarneit still quiet

Heights who knows heard they lost the whole leadership group

Obviously you don’t volunteer, huge effort for those people to show up especially the non playing ones.

Have heard Albanvale have signed another two decent players with another couple sniffing around,

Not Knocking the volunteers but you can whip a dead horse it ain’t coming back to life

Albanvale will be hard to beat this year my tip for the flag

Suns lost to many and signed very few

Braybrook signed some depth but haven’t seen any players to excite yet

Tarneit still quiet

Heights who knows heard they lost the whole leadership group

Strange comments from someone so senior at their football club.

Cobs have the flag in the bag. Signed some more Brookers and more Devils recently. At this stage no one will get close to them.

Strange comments from someone so senior at their football club.

Cobs have the flag in the bag. Signed some more Brookers and more Devils recently. At this stage no one will get close to them.
Great signings from cobras, albeit older the midfield is pretty good quality. 4 Div 2 premiership midfielders in Duffield, Miller, Montebruno and Backus along with a young gun Saric they are looking hard to beat. It’s def a two horse race

Remove this Banner Ad

Back