WRFL Div 3 Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

1stEmergency

Team Captain
Dec 19, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
There was a paywall article which I can’t read about two news clubs joining WRFL.
Aintree Giants and Western Spurs.
Are both of these junior clubs or is the league looking to try solidify D3?

Aintree is juniors 8s and 10s
Western Spurs is a women seniors only club

Laverton the new Deer Park of Div 3, looks like with all these recruits they would want to be playing finals..

They'll win the flag.

BIG gulf in skill between these recruits versus the top liners at the Suns, for example.
Laverton need 30 senior players to compete with Suns & Cobs, so far they have 3 potentially.

Putting that aside it’s great to see them having a crack, hear North Sunny have recruited 10 or so already too.

Hopefully 2023 is a real even comp.

Think every club has recruited well so far, the gap won’t be as large but still expect to see a few triple figure margins come the back end of the year if clubs can’t manage to keep blokes out on the park

So the Duck is gone, Ritchie Hinton started last week.
Apparently the Duck left to ‘take up another role elsewhere’ ….. yeah right 😉….
No thank you from the league for a job well done? ….
DeerPark StAlbans the last 2 nails in the coffin.
Good luck Mr Hinton , you’ll need it.
Took a job as CEO of Athletics Victoria

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another two from what ive seen. Div 1/Premier players from other competitions.
I reckon thats 5-6 now pretty handy players.
Undoubtedly a few more probably required but good to see the Magpies having a crack!
Comp will be a lot stronger if the weakest teams improve alot. Hopefully the road runners can pick up a bit of quality too

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hopefully people see Lavo recruiting well and head back there/head there to play. Be good to see them do well.

Good on Lavo. A couple of years of competitive footy might help change the perception of them in local footy circles. Some junior footy there will also help long term so was good to drive past on Thursday night and see a lot of kids at their reborn Auskick clinic.

Another two from what ive seen. Div 1/Premier players from other competitions.
I reckon thats 5-6 now pretty handy players.
Undoubtedly a few more probably required but good to see the Magpies having a crack!
Interesting to see how much these guys are on $$ wise. Hopefully they have the cash to pay them the whole year.

Reckon they'll hang around for more than a season?
Your right good to get players in but they need to stay, rather than stay for a season for $$'s, hopefully the new players will draw other players to the club, as I think Laverton need to recruit enough players to fill two teams and not have double ups, would think you need a least of 50 or so players to cover a season. As someone else posted hopefully the $$'s don't run out after 30 Jun.

Looking at recruits for all clubs I think Division 3 is going to be a better standard in 2024.

Heights, Lavo, Cobras have all picked up some real quality. North Sunshine have added more players, rumoured to be not bad too.

Unsure on West and Tarneit but I’m sure they’ll both be competitive.

Could 2023 be the year of Division 3 that is evened out?! Hope so.

Looking at recruits for all clubs I think Division 3 is going to be a better standard in 2024.

Heights, Lavo, Cobras have all picked up some real quality. North Sunshine have added more players, rumoured to be not bad too.

Unsure on West and Tarneit but I’m sure they’ll both be competitive.

Could 2023 be the year of Division 3 that is evened out?! Hope so.
If the league was serious, it should be the last year of 3 divisions

If the league was serious, it should be the last year of 3 divisions
Good in theory but the 3rd division is needed for both those without resources as well as those that need time to build to be competitive in Division 2.

Good in theory but the 3rd division is needed for both those without resources as well as those that need time to build to be competitive in Division 2.

They have 12 months. In fact, some of those clubs have had years to sort themselves out.

The tail shouldn't wag the dog

Remove this Banner Ad

Back