WRFL Division 1 - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Next Saturday's Div 1 games now at Crofts Reserve as Werribee VFL have a home final.

At least they're not going to St Albans under lights again :eek:

Heard a couple of influential supporters were not happy with the Altona Coaches (Eames) three quarter time address. Apparently he told the players to "forget about the score and just injure them (Spotswood)". Hardly the culture the club wants to embace.

Heard a couple of influential supporters were not happy with the Altona Coaches (Eames) three quarter time address. Apparently he told the players to "forget about the score and just injure them (Spotswood)". Hardly the culture the club wants to embace.

If thats the case that is disgusting!
I'm an Altona person but have been gone for 5 years now, club has changed a lot since I was there, seems like heaps of things have changed for the better but some not so much.

Eames address was shocking
No structure in his speech for playing yet they out scored Spotswood in last quarter when they played football rather than listening to what the coach said
Colts will smash Altona next week
Spotswood and Albion will be won from the toss of a coin
The wind at Crofts reserve is going to stuff a good game of footy

Not Ideal for A grade finals to be shifted. I think all agree on this. The league has missed the boat with Yarraville (parking) and Skinner's reserve (possibly the best option ever) as far as a head quaters and finals base. Time to set things in concrete i think. A more central position to attract crowds with a focus on stability must be on the agenda. If crofts reserve is the place to be, then adopt it and create a base that enables the comp and the future (jets) to grow. Facilitate the ground better and build a wrfl empire there. Personally i think Nth Sunshine (dempster park) should be on the list. Magic ground and nice size with the ability to utilise Vic Uni car park on weekends during finals and the ablility to improve facilities over time in a central location would benefit a lot more than Werribee.

Not Ideal for A grade finals to be shifted. I think all agree on this. The league has missed the boat with Yarraville (parking) and Skinner's reserve (possibly the best option ever) as far as a head quaters and finals base. Time to set things in concrete i think. A more central position to attract crowds with a focus on stability must be on the agenda. If crofts reserve is the place to be, then adopt it and create a base that enables the comp and the future (jets) to grow. Facilitate the ground better and build a wrfl empire there. Personally i think Nth Sunshine (dempster park) should be on the list. Magic ground and nice size with the ability to utilise Vic Uni car park on weekends during finals and the ablility to improve facilities over time in a central location would benefit a lot more than Werribee.

bring ya binoculars if you want to see the scoreboard

What about our ground (parkside) best surface,great clubrooms,best away rooms,plenty of carparking over at VUT and behind rooms if they can put up temp fencing at crofts,im sure you could do it at our ground and for you choofa a good scoreboard.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

left at 3 quarter time spotty by over 100 points.....:):):)
grand final is over:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:spotty far too strong.

spotty beat no-one of any consequence on saturday,this week is the preview of the g/f and the winner will be deserving of favouritism for the big one.

It's not every day that Werribee end up with a home final, but to shift the Grand Final replay, the game between 1st and 2nd in the best division in the league is not ideal. Potentially, Albion could go into a Grand Final not having played a lead up game on Chirnside Park.

Maybe in a perfect world the VFL game would have been on Sunday, it would be fairer that the lesser of the two games has to play at the worse venue.

Hopefully the predicted 40-45km/h winds don't ruin the games at Crofts Reserve too much!

With all due respect, I think Werribee vfl final comes before a suburban final.

Preferably the sunday game gets switched I understand that, but why not switch the spotty vs Albion game to Sunday?

With all due respect, I think Werribee vfl final comes before a suburban final.

Preferably the sunday game gets switched I understand that, but why not switch the spotty vs Albion game to Sunday?

I agree the better game should be played at Werribee but would be very surprised the games are swapped over at this late notice.

Every-one has know for weeks what day they would be playing and would have made arrangements with work and family life around that.

Thought finals at Werribee were locked in with AFL Victoria , so why were they allowed to back out of this agreement.

It's not every day that Werribee end up with a home final, but to shift the Grand Final replay, the game between 1st and 2nd in the best division in the league is not ideal. Potentially, Albion could go into a Grand Final not having played a lead up game on Chirnside Park.

Maybe in a perfect world the VFL game would have been on Sunday, it would be fairer that the lesser of the two games has to play at the worse venue.

Hopefully the predicted 40-45km/h winds don't ruin the games at Crofts Reserve too much!

conditions at crofts on the week end were fantastic......but if the wind picks up(unsure of the weather predictions) its a terrible venue(let alone the xxxx gold beer and mid strength bourbon they served on the week end)......goals kicked into the wind are a non event......out of bounds on the full at the other end are constant......games played with 36 1 side of the centre circle isnt finals footy imo......

parkside is a good option......nth sunshine......pppffftttt

western oval would be ideal.....

And to think the full time paid employees of the WRFL have probably spent many hours meeting and trying to decide where to play the finals and in the end could not come up with something as straightforward as what you have proposed which makes sense. Hope everyone enjoys the windswept matches on the weekend.

meanwhile the GFL play finals at Skilled Stadium.

the bulldogs dont need their ground, (they need a cemetery) why doesnt the WRFL push to play there?

Useless.

EDFL play at Windy Hill, WRFL should play at Whitten! Simple.

No fence, change rooms, umpire rooms, coaches boxes, timekeepers box or siren. It's only a training venue.

Just shows what a sorry state the WRFL and football generally is in, in the western suburbs. Councils don't seem to care, all they want to do is pull down fences and make everything "open" (eg. Whitten and Yarraville ovals to name two) just in case someone wants to take their dog for a walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back