WRFL Division 1 - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No fence, change rooms, umpire rooms, coaches boxes, timekeepers box or siren. It's only a training venue.

All of that could be fixed.. Country clubs have been fencing off grounds and upgrading fascilities for years to ensure they gain revenue. Im positive if the WRFL were serious about showcasing our footy they would prepare and have a fully operational Whitten oval for finals footy.

Bring Sherrins in next year to please, I'll kick 60 in a full season ;)

i fking hate money in local footy, it used to be suburb vs suburb, but thats the past, im sitting here laughing my fking head thinking the league say to mark, im im so sorry mark, but we needed to do this, to balance the competitions and you will have to play in division 2 again

i fking hate money in local footy, it used to be suburb vs suburb, but thats the past, im sitting here laughing my fking head thinking the league say to mark, im im so sorry mark, but we needed to do this, to balance the competitions and you will have to play in division 2 again

If the League was to restructure (which I think the Clubs will not accept) how do you think it would look ?

If the League was to restructure (which I think the Clubs will not accept) how do you think it would look ?

im hearing an 8/7/6 format, it will look ridiculous and i dare say be seen as from an outsiders view that the league is in trouble, which its not, but quite a few clubs are, the league needs to be seen thats its trying to solve this problem, and this is their solution, not reducing admin fees, insurances, property divisions and all other levys

For that restructure, they are banking on gaining some clubs back.

I just don't think that there are clubs that would willingly come back.

Point cook, Werribee, centrals, westbourne, willy cyms won't join.

Plus there are some clubs struggling already in the wrfl, and they may look elsewhere.

Anything less than 10 teams in Div 1 and the WRFL becomes a joke. May lead to some teams wanting to change leagues - Hoppers to Geelong, Spotswood to EDFL, Colts to Southern.

Anything less than 10 teams in Div 1 and the WRFL becomes a joke. May lead to some teams wanting to change leagues - Hoppers to Geelong, Spotswood to EDFL, Colts to Southern.

Apparently some teams are all ready in talks to move next year.:footy: One played senior finals,one still in finals and one is a new club.:heart:

I think Werribee is fine as the main finals venue. Maybe Williamstown's VFL ground should be looked at as an option once redeveloped, at least as a 2nd ground for finals. Couldn't be any more windy than Crofts Reserve.

Unfortunately the local councils around the Western area aren't all that fussed with building new sporting facilities. The EDFL has Coburg, and Windy Hill, and now the new VFL ground at Craigieburn. The WRFL has Werribee. And that's it.

In terms of a restructure, would an 8 team Div 1 competition be that bad? With a final four system. 4 relevant games every weekend would be preferable to having 2 or 3, with a couple of lop sided blowout games. If it means having competitive games week after week surely it wouldn't matter. Both the WAFL and SANFL are 9 team competitions and only have four games each round.

Let's hope Deer Park will come in and be half competitive, but then Sunny Heights or North Footscray will probably become the easy beats.

I think Werribee is fine as the main finals venue. Maybe Williamstown's VFL ground should be looked at as an option once redeveloped, at least as a 2nd ground for finals. Couldn't be any more windy than Crofts Reserve.

Unfortunately the local councils around the Western area aren't all that fussed with building new sporting facilities. The EDFL has Coburg, and Windy Hill, and now the new VFL ground at Craigieburn. The WRFL has Werribee. And that's it.

In terms of a restructure, would an 8 team Div 1 competition be that bad? With a final four system. 4 relevant games every weekend would be preferable to having 2 or 3, with a couple of lop sided blowout games. If it means having competitive games week after week surely it wouldn't matter. Both the WAFL and SANFL are 9 team competitions and only have four games each round.

Let's hope Deer Park will come in and be half competitive, but then Sunny Heights or North Footscray will probably become the easy beats.

You obviously have never played at or been to a match at williamstowns ground.......its the windiest joint in history:(

Finals tips (In brief):

Albion v Spotty - Spotty in really good form and the Cats obviously been good all year in what will be a preview to the GF. I think Spotty just based on last few weeks really finding some good form. Spotty 11 points

Altona v Colts - Colts surprised a few last week and well done, but for mine I think Altona can bounce back and the extra days break will be important though with the rain predicted??? I'll go with the kids from Altona with leg speed to be pivotal. Altona 17 points

Good Luck all:thumbsu:

Finals tips (In brief):

Albion v Spotty - Spotty in really good form and the Cats obviously been good all year in what will be a preview to the GF. I think Spotty just based on last few weeks really finding some good form. Spotty 11 points

Altona v Colts - Colts surprised a few last week and well done, but for mine I think Altona can bounce back and the extra days break will be important though with the rain predicted??? I'll go with the kids from Altona with leg speed to be pivotal. Altona 17 points

Good Luck all:thumbsu:
How did Colts surprise a few last week ? Think they had won 7 on end to that point last week which included Hoppers, Altona and St Albans and the only 2 they hadnt beaten were the top 2.Not in the same class as the top 2 but clearly just behind them in the 2nd half of the year.Listening to the radio show tonight apparently Altona are getting 4 of their Williamstown listed players for the game.Pointless exercise really.Beat Colts,lose players next week back to Willy and get smashed by Spotty or Albion.For mine the better TEAM will win and i reckon that will be Colts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How did Colts surprise a few last week ? Think they had won 7 on end to that point last week which included Hoppers, Altona and St Albans and the only 2 they hadnt beaten were the top 2.Not in the same class as the top 2 but clearly just behind them in the 2nd half of the year.Listening to the radio show tonight apparently Altona are getting 4 of their Williamstown listed players for the game.Pointless exercise really.Beat Colts,lose players next week back to Willy and get smashed by Spotty or Albion.For mine the better TEAM will win and i reckon that will be Colts.
Finishing the season 3rd instead of 4th is far from pointless... Surely any player, club or coach would agree regardless of 'possibly' or 'definitely' getting smashed the following game...

dont jump off colts just because a couple of willi kids are playing for altona, port are a very experienced finals side altona isnt

pppffffttt half competitive.......if rumors are correct d/p want to win the flag in the 1st year(if they win the flag this year)........ala marby park......look out......:thumbsu::eek:

pppffffttt half competitive.......if rumors are correct d/p want to win the flag in the 1st year(if they win the flag this year)........ala marby park......look out......:thumbsu::eek:

Marby Park finished 5th in first year missing finals by %.... :eek:

only side i know did that weapo was douta stars under harrison,have to be over ten years ago........best result i recall in wrfl was braybrook under thomsy i think,might have made second week of finals,over ten years ago aswell.

well i might be wrong.........though they havnt been a bad side since their inception to div 1.......2 or 3 premierships in that amount of time!!!!

Finishing the season 3rd instead of 4th is far from pointless... Surely any player, club or coach would agree regardless of 'possibly' or 'definitely' getting smashed the following game...
Only my opinion.Probably best save yours for when your club actually finish 3rd or 4th.Try and get hold of a few of those Willy listed boys for next year to help your cause.They would make a real impact in Div 2.:rolleyes:

It has been reported that Albion played with 19 men in the second 1/4
Umpires saw it and wouldn't hold a player count
Will the league award the game to spotswood

Thought it was the Captain's right to request a head count, were the umpires asked to do so. if infact there was an extra player on the ground.

Any summary on the game and condition of Crofts Res .

The Spoty bench only realised after the Albion bench made a fair bit of noise to get the player tot he bench, they realised after the first goal was kicked in the second quarter (the goal was scored quite quickly) that there were 19 players on the ground.

Albion didnt even realise they had 19 players on, until the coach said how come player X is on the ground and sent the runner to get him.

Made no different to the result or the game.

The Spoty bench only realised after the Albion bench made a fair bit of noise to get the player tot he bench, they realised after the first goal was kicked in the second quarter (the goal was scored quite quickly) that there were 19 players on the ground.

Albion didnt even realise they had 19 players on, until the coach said how come player X is on the ground and sent the runner to get him.

Made no different to the result or the game.

I understand the Spotswood captain/coach (O'Keefe) alerted the Umpires re the extra player when he was still on the ground but the umpires chose to ignore it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back