WRFL Division 1 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boys, I follow Mazenod the VAFA but love all suburban footy and try and get to one game at least in all comps during the year.
Was totally surprised by the one sided results in both Div 1 and 2 yesterday. Is the gap between the have and have nots getting wider? Or, do we put it just down to Round1?

put it down to $

Really surprised with Nth Footscray, they play there ground really well as they did last year although Clarkeys taken them to another level structure wise. They will trouble teams at there ground, have some big boys, a clear improvement from last year.

We were terrible in front of goal, 5.9 in the last quarter! Would need to improve 50% to compete with Altona! They'd be expected to knock us off easily, should be a stroll in the park for the mighty Vikings next week.

hahaha

he is going away over sea's........so no signature.......

Depending on how long he's going away for and when, he can still play enough games to qualify.

So no Weapo, not an adequate answer, I'm afraid. Fullbacks better take back that collective sigh of relief coz Bazza's still in the mix. WHACK!!!!!:D

Went fishing yesterday and caught myself fat woodstock drinking whale:D:D

Bit of a stretch to add Klix seeings though he played juniors at Nth Foots and then a few U18 games with deer park last year.

yep got me......:cool:

couldnt help myself......seeing you arnt coaching anymore and the club is in a great position after all your hard work.......

would you do the same if your club had the backing like deer park does???

Depending on how long he's going away for and when, he can still play enough games to qualify.

So no Weapo, not an adequate answer, I'm afraid. Fullbacks better take back that collective sigh of relief coz Bazza's still in the mix. WHACK!!!!!:D

i heard he's away for a month so yes he may come back to play.......

ive been told 7 games but lets wait till it happens ay.....:thumbsu:

They Say – Marcus Barclay was so disappointed to see the cats go down the way they did…. Hmmmm….
They Say – Deer Park just may have the recruit that will see them play finals – Good sponsors will do it every time
They Say – Sunshine Heights have a very long 6 months ahead
They Say – Tim Jenkins 850 reasons to stay at St.Albans may have been the only highlight for him on the weekend
They Say - Deer Park have had the last laugh at St Albans coach Ian Denny. http://starnewsgroup.com.au/star/sunshne-ardeer-albion/340/story/150103.html
They Say – A certain Altona player may want to miss his round 3 match – He has trialled well as the runner apparently…
They Say – Round 5 is not going to be any easier for this marked man…. He may have CROSSed the wrong blokes.
They Say – The gap between the top five and the bottom five in the WRFL is starting to get out of hand.

Really surprised with Nth Footscray, they play there ground really well as they did last year although Clarkeys taken them to another level structure wise. They will trouble teams at there ground, have some big boys, a clear improvement from last year.

We were terrible in front of goal, 5.9 in the last quarter! Would need to improve 50% to compete with Altona! They'd be expected to knock us off easily, should be a stroll in the park for the mighty Vikings next week.

We were terrible the way we dropped off in the last quarter to allow so many shots on goal, i thought we competed pretty well for most of the game midway through the 3/4 it was only 14 pts. You guys got away a few times and thought we done well to fight and stay in it, fitness and skill level told in the end. We are a fairly young side so a lot to improve on.
Tige i think you guys will be better than last year what are your thought, seem quicker over the ground and skill level was also high.
I also thought our fb (bikkies) did an outstanding job on kade.

We were terrible the way we dropped off in the last quarter to allow so many shots on goal, i thought we competed pretty well for most of the game midway through the 3/4 it was only 14 pts. You guys got away a few times and thought we done well to fight and stay in it, fitness and skill level told in the end. We are a fairly young side so a lot to improve on.
Tige i think you guys will be better than last year what are your thought, seem quicker over the ground and skill level was also high.
I also thought our fb (bikkies) did an outstanding job on kade.

It's a marked improvement across the board for us as a team, we just need to stay injury free and we will be able to mix it at the top end. Overall I think we were happy to win but disappointed not to play 4qtrs, I remember looking at the scoreboard at one stage and being nearly 60 points up and thinking great well run away now only for you blokes to kick 5/6 goals to 1 and be back in it. Credit to you lot, competitive bunch who know there roles and structures as it was evident things were being relayed from all over the ground.

Your Full back is an old Hoppers boy? He done a good job on Kade giving away alot of size, we butchered the footy to be fair to Kade as well.

They Say – Marcus Barclay was so disappointed to see the cats go down the way they did…. Hmmmm….
Maybe Barclay was busy having a smoke and checking race results to worry about the game...oh sorry that was the granny last year!

They Say – The gap between the top five and the bottom five in the WRFL is starting to get out of hand.[/quote

Been out of hand for 5 years.....comp is in disarray.....
and there is no end in sight.....money gives strength...spotty, altona, deer park......vs the rest

Maybe Barclay was busy having a smoke and checking race results to worry about the game...oh sorry that was the granny last year!

They Say – The gap between the top five and the bottom five in the WRFL is starting to get out of hand.[/q

Been out of hand for 5 years.....comp is in disarray.....
and there is no end in sight.....money gives strength...spotty, altona, deer park......vs the rest

Money plays apart no doubt, but i would think hoppers have more than anyone.
Spotswood have great sponsorship but the club is run better than any other club by a mile.
I want the club i coach to be like spotswood not like deer park.
Also like Port Colts, they have a great culture and dont spend huge money, just they need better of field structure.

We all want close games every week no doubt, but look at the results in the edfl a grade, they also had blowouts it happens in all leagues.
It's up to all clubs to raise the bar and catch spotty!!

Why put the knife into the wrong blokes back rumourman? Never realised the coach had to play the game for the players as well as coach it. I'm talking Marcus Barclay by the way not sure if you'd understand as it seems you don't understand footy to well!! Marcus did a good job last year and losing a gf isn't the coaches fault have a look at the 16 players who played well under the footy they'd produced over the whole of last year! Especially some of the players who have now left the club for more money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why put the knife into the wrong blokes back rumourman? Never realised the coach had to play the game for the players as well as coach it. I'm talking Marcus Barclay by the way not sure if you'd understand as it seems you don't understand footy to well!! Marcus did a good job last year and losing a gf isn't the coaches fault have a look at the 16 players who played well under the footy they'd produced over the whole of last year! Especially some of the players who have now left the club for more money.

Albion gave it a pretty good crack. They were far from disgraceful. The 2010 result was still burning and Spotty were relentless, IMO. You're right about Barclay, the game wasn't won or lost in the box, it was won in the heads of the Spotty players.

Money plays apart no doubt, but i would think hoppers have more than anyone.
Spotswood have great sponsorship but the club is run better than any other club by a mile.
I want the club i coach to be like spotswood not like deer park.
Also like Port Colts, they have a great culture and dont spend huge money, just they need better of field structure.

We all want close games every week no doubt, but look at the results in the edfl a grade, they also had blowouts it happens in all leagues.
It's up to all clubs to raise the bar and catch spotty!!

:thumbsu: to this one :D

Any truth that Barclay may still be getting paid by Albion for this season. Contract renewed initially upon season review made it binding????

Seems they would have the money spare compared to the money they would be saving on all the exodus of players.

Any way lets look at this week's game's

I have heard the cats will get back pearce, haldane and a few others so that will surely strengthen their team, we also should get back 4 players so think we can get up against them this week.

ALBION V NTH FOOTS

DEER PARK V SPOTS, Will be a good test for the parkers but with condos out and spotty's class all over the ground think spotty will win by 5 goals.

HOPPERS V ALTONA hoppers were very good in patches last week and will improve but the more i hear about altona the more i think they will be the team to beat, heard mckenzie will be out, however they have good depth and with rafferty and few not playing last week and winning easily i'm confident they will account for hoppers in a hard fought battle, altona by 22pts

PORT COLTS v SUNNY HGHTS, Colts will be very dissapointed with last weeks results and with players like bonnett, macanulty and mcgregor to come back they will have a massive win at home. colts by 100+pts

SUNSHINE V ST ALBANS, I think the kangas will improve on last year and after having a few injuries last year, luck may be turning their way, in a close contest with the saints improving on last week the kangas will win by 29 pts.

Think most games should be closer this week except the colts heights game, we may also start to get a better gauge on where teams are at even though it's only rd 2

Seems they would have the money spare compared to the money they would be saving on all the exodus of players.

I have heard the cats will get back pearce, haldane and a few others so that will surely strengthen their team, we also should get back 4 players so think we can get up against them this week.

ALBION V NTH FOOTS

DEER PARK V SPOTS, Will be a good test for the parkers but with condos out and spotty's class all over the ground think spotty will win by 5 goals.

HOPPERS V ALTONA hoppers were very good in patches last week and will improve but the more i hear about altona the more i think they will be the team to beat, heard mckenzie will be out, however they have good depth and with rafferty and few not playing last week and winning easily i'm confident they will account for hoppers in a hard fought battle, altona by 22pts

PORT COLTS v SUNNY HGHTS, Colts will be very dissapointed with last weeks results and with players like bonnett, macanulty and mcgregor to come back they will have a massive win at home. colts by 100+pts

SUNSHINE V ST ALBANS, I think the kangas will improve on last year and after having a few injuries last year, luck may be turning their way, in a close contest with the saints improving on last week the kangas will win by 29 pts.

Think most games should be closer this week except the colts heights game, we may also start to get a better gauge on where teams are at even though it's only rd 2

we got a fair replacement this week rock!!!:thumbsu:

still think spotty will win by more than 5 goals........

being apart of the lions den supporters group im dissapointed in your comments about how deer park is run.......like me and 90 odd other former players/supporters who put their hard earned in.....the money isnt going to senior mens players its going towards jnrs and the new female playing groups (womans u/18's and u/12's) the club has started....also paying a full time administrator who is doing a fantastic job....yes we have got 2 good sponsors on board and some coin a past great of the club has left once in div 1 the club could use it.......

do you know something i dont??? why would you say that????

i dunno about the money man.......get this though deer park got a 1.6 mill bonus left to the club by a club legend when he passed away.......only to be used when the club was in 1st division........

..:eek:.....

.........................maybe 'cause of this statement ............among others

.............. Can someone.......... Sack.... This...!!!... Peanut.......!!!????!!!...

we got a fair replacement this week rock!!!:thumbsu:

still think spotty will win by more than 5 goals........

being apart of the lions den supporters group im dissapointed in your comments about how deer park is run.......like me and 90 odd other former players/supporters who put their hard earned in.....the money isnt going to senior mens players its going towards jnrs and the new female playing groups (womans u/18's and u/12's) the club has started....also paying a full time administrator who is doing a fantastic job....yes we have got 2 good sponsors on board and some coin a past great of the club has left once in div 1 the club could use it.......

do you know something i dont??? why would you say that????

Spotty generally get players in that stick with the club and support and help the club, creating a good enviroment.
At this stage Deer Park are going along the same path that marby park did, just pay what we can do get the players doesn't create mateship or a great team enviroment, it will probably still get a premiership though.
I'm not saying it's like that yet but could be heading down that path, i Know Gareth Daly has come to deer park from marby and he himself is trying to generate a better team enviroment.
Stop with the s**t about Barry Hall it was for 1 game this week for 10k and he knocked it back!!

just stating the facts.....
The players were bad on the day...no fault but there own..but at half time you expect your coaches full attention as a coach expects of the players...
Dont know what the problem down at the cattery is...bring in recruits with $$$ theyll eventually leave for more $$$ the importnat thing is...we'll still be there weekly enjoying mates company and cheering the loyal boys on.....

ALBION V NTH FOOTS

Poor kid done his A.C.L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back