WRFL Division 1 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop with the s**t about Barry Hall it was for 1 game this week for 10k and he knocked it back!!

You joining my sh!t stirring or genuinely asking for it to stop?
Damn, there was a conspiracy theory (first one ages) coming but I may have to shelf it now.:eek:

I don't have great knowledge of club practices when it comes to making cash off the back off signing an ex AFL player for a game but what sort of return could they get from that?

Pretty sure the juniors could use a few nice sherrins and have their medical kits filled every now and then. 10 grand would go a long way.

One wrong last week, honestly thoughts Colts would be better but a few ins will get them up and running;

Round 2.
Albion v Nth Foots - Albion at home on an improved N/Foots. 8 points.

Deer Park v Spotty - Deer Park are going to learn what it is like to play against the big boys this week. Stewart v McGhie would be worth going to watch I reckon. Spotty by 31 points.

Hoppers v Altona - Altona by 26 points, better team on the bigger grounds.

Colts v Heights - Colts at home by 92 points. Give Heights credit had an extra training session after last week on Monday night and had them on the track late, with I guess 26/28 players.

Kangas v St Albans - Kangas at home by 23 points.

Good Luck to most teams this week:D

Good start for you guys mate if you can get over this week.

Not sure how much you can read into the Heights game honestly. Heard Albion may have picked up a couple this week which sounds positive. Obviously tough with some of the guys topping up the 2's last week. Good Luck and after playing the Devils in a praccy, silly to under esimate them. CHEERS:thumbsu:

Boys, I follow Mazenod the VAFA but love all suburban footy and try and get to one game at least in all comps during the year.
Was totally surprised by the one sided results in both Div 1 and 2 yesterday. Is the gap between the have and have nots getting wider? Or, do we put it just down to Round1?

Put it down to bob the builder and his band of flog mates at WRFL who have NFI.

It's not called the worst run football league for no reason....

Put it down to bob the builder and his band of flog mates at WRFL who have NFI.

It's not called the worst run football league for no reason....

It's really alarming considering the potential for growth the league has, to be situated in the fasting growing shire in Australia (Wyndham), it's a real
shame the lack of vision the administrators have.

The EDFL and WRFL should have merged years ago and been set up in a similar fashion as the EFL and let the EDFL administrators run it, would easily be the strongest league in Victoria. That or get some people in who can set up a long term business model that is innovative and sustainable, the potential is there but the vision isn't.

One wrong last week, honestly thoughts Colts would be better but a few ins will get them up and running;

Round 2.
Albion v Nth Foots - Albion at home on an improved N/Foots. 8 points.

Deer Park v Spotty - Deer Park are going to learn what it is like to play against the big boys this week. Stewart v McGhie would be worth going to watch I reckon. Spotty by 31 points.

Hoppers v Altona - Altona by 26 points, better team on the bigger grounds.

Colts v Heights - Colts at home by 92 points. Give Heights credit had an extra training session after last week on Monday night and had them on the track late, with I guess 26/28 players.

Kangas v St Albans - Kangas at home by 23 points.

Good Luck to most teams this week:D

A good round to give better preview of the year ahead:

Cats may just win on their home ground but close, North has big chance and this will show where they are at for the year.

Spotty too good by at least 5 or 6 goals, good test for DP to see how competitive they are against the best

Colts by whatever they want. Big ruckman and tall winger (No 3) only ones to look good for Heights last, but will have harder/more physical contest this week on tighter ground

Altona in one of the closer matches for the weekend, will be too fast for Hoppers, but Hoppers will get better as the year goes on.

Kangas to win at home, will have too potent a forward line and with Jacobs running the show from CHB will win by at least 40 points, Jenkins always plays well against the Kangas and the margin will be determined by how well he plays

When is the WRFL website re Umpire Appointments going to be updated? It still shows appointments for last seaons 2nd semi's. I suppose it just illustrates how competent the League is.

Round 2.
Albion v Nth foots - Albion by 11 pts

Deer Park v Spotty - Spotty by 17 pts

Hoppers v Altona - Altona by 9 pts

Colts v Heights - Colts by 79 pts

Kangas v St Albans - Kangas by 72 pts

TOTAL =5 OUT 5

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard Deer Park's coach on WYN Fm having a crack at the Rock. Saying he can't wait to play North Footscray next week. He sounded like an absolute twat.

Well done Spottyy. Great win over a club that has sold its soul.

yes congrats to spotty way too good...after last weeks game imo if we got within 150 i would be happy....lets be honest spotty have done it to many a good sides over the years........wasnt there so cant comment on the game itself.......listened in on the radio(still found it hard to follow with the new caller) was shocked to hear stewart and nelson were out and also condos and trajovski who were injured last week and were alsways going to miss......the pressure and intensity spotty display all over the ground was always going to be a major concern and thats a good lesson learned how the best team over the last 6 years goes about it!!!

1st loss in a while for the boys and all the riff raff get on and throw cheapies to a club who is building to be up with the likes of spotty........early days yet top 5 spot still isnt out of the question........

Heard Deer Park's coach on WYN Fm having a crack at the Rock. Saying he can't wait to play North Footscray next week. He sounded like an absolute twat.
Enlighten us with what was said ? Couldnt imagine it would worry Rock though has a pretty thick skin.
Having said that Deer Park will be no certainties up at Roberts St next week. No doubt Condos will be back against one of the sides he thinks he will kick goals against,pity he didnt have a crack against one of the great sides today.Great leadership.

Obviously i didn't hear what jimmy said but i doubt he would have meant it in a disrespectful way, we get along pretty well, more likely looking fwd to playing the other more recent divvy 2 premiers that have come up to div 1.

Unless we start playing more team orientated footy we will not be able to win these games , we had our chances to win today after leading by a couple of goals midway through the 3rd quarter, the cats were also down 3 injured players. To many of our boys went away from game plan and fell back into bad habits once we were in front. Credit must go to the cats also that just kept at it all day and there classy experience players got them over the line on their home deck.

Obviously i didn't hear what jimmy said but i doubt he would have meant it in a disrespectful way, we get along pretty well, more likely looking fwd to playing the other more recent divvy 2 premiers that have come up to div 1.

Just at the end of the interview he said he was looking forward to next week and playing North Footscray. He named you and said you'd been talking about his club on Bigfooty and how they were looking forward to beating you next week.

It just came across as twatish. Like he was dirty his team got belted by Spotty so he had to pick on a smaller club to make himself look good.

I went to the game yesterday and I thought North were really impressive.

They Say - St Albans have said sensible spending is not an option anymore. Let the gamblers pay for success.
They Say - Deer Park president Goldy read the players the riot act after the game on the weekend.
They Say - He has threatened to buy a whole new team if they get rolled by Nth Footscray this week.
They Say - Condos should be fresh for this one - in typical fashion - He may have contracted spottyitious on the weekend
They Say - The finger pointing has started at Hoppers. Coach under pressure and questions being asked of the recruits to perform against decent opposition
They Say - Things are bleak down at the Dragons but there could be a few surprises come round 7.
They Say - Spotty are looking at fielding an extra senior side next year and see that side as their major competition.
I Say - This is only round two, how messy can this competition really become. Sad really. Gap between haves and have not's is reminiscent of the class and slums of India.

Have to say I too heard the comments from Goldy and thought he was trying to offload about the debarcal that had just occured. Hopefully he now realises that its not second division and not many games will be a walkover. And yes I heard they have players out, as do most clubs each week. Lets be honest they had placed themselves quite firmly matching up well against spotty on the weekend and in the end they came up very short.

I am sure with the money dished out for that round alone Goldy would have been pissed, but hey thems they breaks

Just at the end of the interview he said he was looking forward to next week and playing North Footscray. He named you and said you'd been talking about his club on Bigfooty and how they were looking forward to beating you next week.

It just came across as twatish. Like he was dirty his team got belted by Spotty so he had to pick on a smaller club to make himself look good.

I went to the game yesterday and I thought North were really impressive.

Well i guess it must stem from when i said spotty were the best run club and what deer park was doing is not the best way to go about things. Getting players to the club paying well over the odds is something i disagree with.
Look at Marby park only 1 player played in both there div 2 and div 1 premierships, that player is now with deer park, lets see how many if and when deer park win the flag how many would have played in both.
No doubt money needs to be spent i just think spending huge money is not going to be sustainable for any club with out facilities like hoopers or st albans and they are not over the top.
It was nothing personal and after a good convo with terry cooper on the week end i wish football victoria would bring in the points system right across the whole of the state.
Making sure all football clubs survive is the best thing and with some clubs having rich blokes back them for a few years then take off leaves other clubs vulnerable and even the money clubs could fall over when the backer are no longer there.

If this stuff fires up deer park then so be it nothing like a good rivalry!!
I'm pretty sure most other clubs think the same after speaking to a few of them...........

wouldnt worry too much rock!!! pts system will sort all this out....... will be a great game this week no matter what........

was interested to hear 1 of your new recruits pump up how much he got paid for his round 1 performance when i asked how the team went......in saying that he didnt do much the next week which was more interesting.....

all the best!!!

I know your talking about CD and he did ok again on the week end kicked 2 but delivery was poor.. he is worth every $$ future star of the comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back