WRFL Division 1 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark my words, deer park will NOT win the flag next year despite trying to make a 'dream team'.. Spotswood also keeping under wraps some big signings, stay tuned!

Here's hoping they do fail once again and all that over paid money is wasted once more.

Couldn't believe how crappy their new change rooms were all that land there and they built a shoe box to get changed in.

Has that guy weighing in all the money for new players got a pill press, been done before at other clubs.

Apart from Deer Park potentially destroying the competition next year, the flow on of what they are doing is going to hurt all clubs. Deer Park are creating out of control levels of inflation - players salary expectations will increase but 9 other clubs in the competition won't be able to get near what Deer Park are offering.
You can't blame the new Deer Park players for taking whats on offer. But the man behind these four or five year "takeovers" of local footy clubs is doing much more harm than good to local footy.

The WRFL board are already concerned "about the unevenness in senior competitions" - well I've got a bit of news for them....it's going to get a whole lot worse in 2013. Interesting times ahead.

Congrats on some sensible postings here.

If the WRFL community is serious about solving the unevenness issue, then it will need to get serious about better managing (or beginning to manage) the core driver of unevenness: The money.

It not only creates haves and have-nots, it diverts money away from junior development and 2nd Div clubs these days are not even keen to come up to Div1. To know you cannot afford your club's competitive aspirations, even after mustering all the Juniors you possible can, would be disheartening to say the least.

My tip:
The money will create further unevenness in 2013. Because of it, the WRFL will decide to cut Div 1 to 9 teams, which wont solve anything. In 2014 there will simply be another 2 clubs that cannot keep up with their wallets.

If clubs are serious about addressing the actual issue, their committees will need to take action and organise themselves to develop a proposal for the Board. As this is unlikely to happen, we are stuck with what we have, and each club must decide themselves to what extend they want to keep up with the Joneses.

It seems to me that the mercenaries are the only ones getting better out of all of this. Tens of thousands per season for AFL/VFL dropouts. Its killing the spirit of community football.

It's a shame really.

Congrats on some sensible postings here.

If the WRFL community is serious about solving the unevenness issue, then it will need to get serious about better managing (or beginning to manage) the core driver of unevenness: The money.

It not only creates haves and have-nots, it diverts money away from junior development and 2nd Div clubs these days are not even keen to come up to Div1. To know you cannot afford your club's competitive aspirations, even after mustering all the Juniors you possible can, would be disheartening to say the least.

My tip:
The money will create further unevenness in 2013. Because of it, the WRFL will decide to cut Div 1 to 9 teams, which wont solve anything. In 2014 there will simply be another 2 clubs that cannot keep up with their wallets.

If clubs are serious about addressing the actual issue, their committees will need to take action and organise themselves to develop a proposal for the Board. As this is unlikely to happen, we are stuck with what we have, and each club must decide themselves to what extend they want to keep up with the Joneses.

It seems to me that the mercenaries are the only ones getting better out of all of this. Tens of thousands per season for AFL/VFL dropouts. Its killing the spirit of community football.

It's a shame really.

Agree whol heartedly

John Barnes - Great Choice for Norf Footascray. Good Old Fashioned coach, Train Hard, Work Hard Party Hard. If you want to get back to good old fashioned Local Footy, get yourself to Norf Footascray this season, non of this ice bath crap down there, the only Ice you'll see is in the esky chilling the froffy's.

A lil birdy told me Brad Julier to altona as an assistant coach ,et with the powers that be last tues with jayden post returning to his former club if he doesn't get picked up in the draft.....

...apparently Justin Dorwood signed at Spotty.....how many clubs does that make it for him in this league?
Played @ mooroopna in the goulburn valley fl this year, was good on the ground but..... Was a spud off it, don't think I seen him smile once in the rooms, would have a can of coke the piss off back to melb with his money in his pocket!! Got to put more into a club if your on the kind of coin that he was on!

DC25

100% spot on....WRFL is being destroyed by $$$$....
the wrfl dont care, as long as they get 1000's paying to get into finals venus theyre happy.
May as well cut first division to 6 teams....Im predicting albion will be in divvy 2 within 2 years...
Nth footscray will end up back there, maybe even the kangaroos....trying to compete with the big money teams costs $150,000 plus with no guarantees, it destroys clubs and competition.

Rumours that the ultimate mercanaries Philpot and smith texting former team mates asking if theyd be accepted back to the club.

The Julier rumour hasnt got legs.

Post will be at altona if not at an unaligned VFL club. (Port Melbourne leading the way)

DC25

100% spot on....WRFL is being destroyed by $$$$....
the wrfl dont care, as long as they get 1000's paying to get into finals venus theyre happy.
May as well cut first division to 6 teams....Im predicting albion will be in divvy 2 within 2 years...
Nth footscray will end up back there, maybe even the kangaroos....trying to compete with the big money teams costs $150,000 plus with no guarantees, it destroys clubs and competition.

I have been doing some work to get our juniors back up and running next season. As part of that I have been looking at what it costs junior kids to play footy and when I looked at the numbers the thing that struck me is this:

In season 2012 all player payments combined for Div 1 and 2 would be around the 1.2 million mark (Very hard to get exact number but I beleive that to be a conservative estimate and happy to be corrected).

In Season 2012 all FEES PAID BY JUNIOR PLAYERS would have totalled around 1 million (again this is a rough number and happy to be corrected).

Just strikes me as very odd at this level of footy and in the area that we are in that somehow we have managed to create a sporting competition where grown men with jobs (most of them) can take out of clubs what kids have to pay for just to be able to play the game. Would love to hear from anybody who can justify that?

I have been doing some work to get our juniors back up and running next season. As part of that I have been looking at what it costs junior kids to play footy and when I looked at the numbers the thing that struck me is this:

In season 2012 all player payments combined for Div 1 and 2 would be around the 1.2 million mark (Very hard to get exact number but I beleive that to be a conservative estimate and happy to be corrected).

In Season 2012 all FEES PAID BY JUNIOR PLAYERS would have totalled around 1 million (again this is a rough number and happy to be corrected).

Just strikes me as very odd at this level of footy and in the area that we are in that somehow we have managed to create a sporting competition where grown men with jobs (most of them) can take out of clubs what kids have to pay for just to be able to play the game. Would love to hear from anybody who can justify that?

Makes you sick doesn't it!

so a rumor going around is that werribee districts are potentially leaving the vafa at the end of next season and wrfl is one option they may look at, can mean good things for wrfl if we can get back a club like werribee.
any thoughts?

so a rumor going around is that werribee districts are potentially leaving the vafa at the end of next season and wrfl is one option they may look at, can mean good things for wrfl if we can get back a club like werribee.
any thoughts?
I don't think WRFL would be their first option.

Rumours that the ultimate mercanaries Philpot and smith texting former team mates asking if theyd be accepted back to the club.

The Julier rumour hasnt got legs.

Post will be at altona if not at an unaligned VFL club. (Port Melbourne leading the way)

Will be at Altona also have another big signing which will come out in the next month

(Log in to remove this ad.)

G'day gents , just a thought which may even/save up some competitions/clubs.
What if AFL vic introduced 'salary caps' across all competitions?
Eg: A grade = $110k
All other grades = $80k
Regional leagues = $120k (travel / accom)
Hard to police I know which is why ALL clubs would have to be monitored closely & huge fines for those caught breaking the rules..
ALOT of competitions these days are being decimated by the $$ & unless something is done , clubs which have been around for a long long time , will slowly die.
Look through scores across the state weekly & sides are being beaten by 250 points one week then win by 10 goals the next
It's terrible. Players can movefrom club to club or league to league way to easily for a bigger paycheck. It's good if your part of a 'Rich' club but sole destroying if your not.
Just a thought. What u think , or is there another way ?

G'day gents , just a thought which may even/save up some competitions/clubs.
What if AFL vic introduced 'salary caps' across all competitions?
Eg: A grade = $110k
All other grades = $80k
Regional leagues = $120k (travel / accom)
Hard to police I know which is why ALL clubs would have to be monitored closely & huge fines for those caught breaking the rules..
ALOT of competitions these days are being decimated by the $$ & unless something is done , clubs which have been around for a long long time , will slowly die.
Look through scores across the state weekly & sides are being beaten by 250 points one week then win by 10 goals the next
It's terrible. Players can movefrom club to club or league to league way to easily for a bigger paycheck. It's good if your part of a 'Rich' club but sole destroying if your not.
Just a thought. What u think , or is there another way ?

Unenforceable - the way to go would be a points sytem across all leagues

Werribee I have been told are very interested in joining the GFL would love for them to come back to the WRFL can't see it ever happening they seem to think they are a little to good for the league

Mark my words, deer park will NOT win the flag next year despite trying to make a 'dream team'.. Spotswood also keeping under wraps some big signings, stay tuned!

ill have a hungey with ya they finish top 2.......

all you muppets get off your high horses about deer park wrecking the wrfl......im getting sick and tired of reading this verbal diarrhea.....i dont understand if people/buisnesses believe they can help you with funds to get the right players to lift your club up the ladder and put the clubs name in the lights so to speak if they are willing to offer cashola i dont understand how can a club refuse.......people seem to forget not only building a div 1 club that wants to be successfull deer park footy club had 3 teams last season promoting female football girls u/12 youth girls and a snr womans team a first time ever and ive heard also deer park next year will have a record amount of jnr boys teams as well(time will tell)........like all clubs players come and go.....clubs rise and fall due to having money or not......ive seen the local football cycle it happens everywhere(seen the glory of a div 1 flag ''94'' seen the club fall to the lowest of lows too ''99'' not winning a game for 25 weeks-lost every game in 99 in div 1 went down and didnt win a game for the first 8 or so weeks in div 2)....no doubt deer park have lost some quality players and coaches and for a club on the up with quality sponsorship backing to win a div 1 flag surely the powers at be wouldnt be looking at a div 2 club to recruit players......you wanna be the best you gotta get the best i say.....

get used to it!!!!!!

Werribee I have been told are very interested in joining the GFL would love for them to come back to the WRFL can't see it ever happening they seem to think they are a little to good for the league
werribees dilemma is that no matter where they go they will start in the lowest division, would gfl really let them join?
yeah very good call they do have that touch of arrogance in that regard, id love to see them put their money where their mouth is and play an altona or a spotty, would be an interesting game.
you just had to know they wouldnt stay vafa forever, money aways talks...

werribees dilemma is that no matter where they go they will start in the lowest division, would gfl really let them join?
yeah very good call they do have that touch of arrogance in that regard, id love to see them put their money where their mouth is and play an altona or a spotty, would be an interesting game.
you just had to know they wouldnt stay vafa forever, money aways talks...

im tipping the WRFL would put them straight into div one if they are half serious.

And not that i am associated with Werribee, it took them to leave the WRFL to become the excellent club they are. it would be a shame to see them go back.

ill have a hungey with ya they finish top 2.......

all you muppets get off your high horses about deer park wrecking the wrfl......im getting sick and tired of reading this verbal diarrhea.....i dont understand if people/buisnesses believe they can help you with funds to get the right players to lift your club up the ladder and put the clubs name in the lights so to speak if they are willing to offer cashola i dont understand how can a club refuse.......people seem to forget not only building a div 1 club that wants to be successfull deer park footy club had 3 teams last season promoting female football girls u/12 youth girls and a snr womans team a first time ever and ive heard also deer park next year will have a record amount of jnr boys teams as well(time will tell)........like all clubs players come and go.....clubs rise and fall due to having money or not......ive seen the local football cycle it happens everywhere(seen the glory of a div 1 flag ''94'' seen the club fall to the lowest of lows too ''99'' not winning a game for 25 weeks-lost every game in 99 in div 1 went down and didnt win a game for the first 8 or so weeks in div 2)....no doubt deer park have lost some quality players and coaches and for a club on the up with quality sponsorship backing to win a div 1 flag surely the powers at be wouldnt be looking at a div 2 club to recruit players......you wanna be the best you gotta get the best i say.....

get used to it!!!!!!

They could finish top I don't give a flying crap I said they will not win the premiship!!

And to everyone talking about cash ruining the comp and etc, it's just the muppets running some clubs that are separating the good clubs from bad, the more money pumped in the better the prestige of the comp which attracts more high quality signings at all clubs!

Deer Park are/will wreck the competition. $10,000 sign on plus $1200 per game each for Barling & Georgiadis and $30,000 for some bloke from the bush in addition to last years player payments. At least the majority of players from Altona and Spotswood were from their juniors.
Deer Park should develop there own juniors instead of trying to buy a flag.

Deer Park are/will wreck the competition. $10,000 sign on plus $1200 per game each for Barling & Georgiadis and $30,000 for some bloke from the bush in addition to last years player payments. At least the majority of plalers from Altona and Spotswood were from their juniors.
Deer Park should develop there own juniors instead of trying to buy a flag.

They still will not win the flag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back