WRFL Division 1 - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

NorthWest

Draftee
Feb 15, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
This has happened at carro springs this year also lost a u/11 side and u/15to burnside followed coaches that didn't get reappointed.Im pretty sure league has rule for senior players leaving a club (4)
It was a rule that was voted on about 10 years ago. But when checking that rule about 5 years ago it had never been amended and added to the rules and regulations. The EDFL have the rule that only 4 players can be cleared from one club to another club unless permitted by the existing club.
I bet if it was Spotswood the WRFL would intervene but because it is one of the smaller clubs they couldnt give a rats arse.

What are these coaches teaching these kids?? But, more importantly shame on the parents for following and supporting these guys and their motives.
Agree with your comment here - what the hell are these parents teaching their kids... if things don't go your way to pack up your bat and ball and move on! Too many parents allow their kids to follow the herd and not put their put down and teach them a proper life lesson

Agree with your comment here - what the hell are these parents teaching their kids... if things don't go your way to pack up your bat and ball and move on! Too many parents allow their kids to follow the herd and not put their put down and teach them a proper life lesson

Yeah agree totally, the club went down to west Footscray training session to have a chat but boys said they just wanted to stick together and was told that Div1 would be to tough. When that's drilled in to there heads. Went to the WRFL for support but they couldn't support due to no ruling,

In regards to the snr's, we did loose a lot of players. A few of them follow ex coach and life member, David battastella. David got the coaching job at east Keilor and got about 6 players over. In that we have recruited really well and still have a few more we are talking to. You will see clearances come through this week. We will be a lot stronger then other clubs think. Couple of boys from interstate, couple from the OnM, Barnsey will at no stage be leaving, is committed and has a 3 year plan,
But focused on round 1 ATM.

Sunshine played St kilda city on the weekend and had a good win of about 50 points - I'm lead to believe about 8 regulars were unavailable. They play Melton on Wednesday night

This has also happened at Sanctuary Lakes basically clearing whole teams from Point Cook and Old Westbourne (following disgruntled coaches). Worst still this happened at Under 10 and Under 12 age groups...WRFL have been very weak on this behaviour, a well run football league would surely have a rule capping the number of clearances from one club to another in any given year.
So he took kids from West to North and is now coming back with kids from North to West. I call that karma.

Yeah agree totally, the club went down to west Footscray training session to have a chat but boys said they just wanted to stick together and was told that Div1 would be to tough. When that's drilled in to there heads. Went to the WRFL for support but they couldn't support due to no ruling,

In regards to the snr's, we did loose a lot of players. A few of them follow ex coach and life member, David battastella. David got the coaching job at east Keilor and got about 6 players over. In that we have recruited really well and still have a few more we are talking to. You will see clearances come through this week. We will be a lot stronger then other clubs think. Couple of boys from interstate, couple from the OnM, Barnsey will at no stage be leaving, is committed and has a 3 year plan,
But focused on round 1 ATM.

So he took kids from West to North and is now coming back with kids from North to West. I call that karma.
Get the facts right because thats not what happened. West couldnt field a team when he was there as they lost most of their juniors spending too much money on the senior list and not looking after their juniors. North gave Fava a coaching role and the 6 kids and their families that went to North were well looked after. The numbers that are leaving are 90% North kids from the beginning. The families involved have a lot to answer for. Really teaches their children about loyalty doesnt it.

When talking about people i think it would be better to have the truth. Batts has not taken 6 from north at all Batts, Wokka Mulla and Tubba at no time called any players from noth to try and gat them across to East Keilor. When they were given the job they made the decission not to contact anyone that played for north last year. The players they have from north and that is only 4 are Brad Rolfo contacted wokka due to being his son Brendens best mate Dan Neville contacted batts as he was not going to play at north he was thinking maybe albion as he has a conection with his wife's father but wanted options and chose east keilor robbie & phill davis were also not playing as wayne ( tubba ) Davis was no longer the reserves coach but changed there mind when he took the reaerves job at East Keilor. The others who some may be thinking were taken from nort are Cory lucas (Coburg districs) Brenden Lucas (Point Cook) David Da Silva & Trent Tyrell ( Parkside) Hayden hillips (stawell) yes all ex north boys but were not there last year. Any problems north has at the moment is on them and the coach as if he had picked up a phone and called every player as you should when given a coaching job things may have been different. AND THATS THE TRUTH.

Get the facts right because thats not what happened. West couldnt field a team when he was there as they lost most of their juniors spending too much money on the senior list and not looking after their juniors. North gave Fava a coaching role and the 6 kids and their families that went to North were well looked after. The numbers that are leaving are 90% North kids from the beginning. The families involved have a lot to answer for. Really teaches their children about loyalty doesnt it.
SPENDING TOO MUCH MONEY ON THE SENIOR LIST. Obviously you don't have a clue, never have spent heaps, haven't had the cash.....still a pretty good reason for under 14's to leave ha ha....maybe North should look in their own backyard if everyone wants to leave methinks....

Cracking 1st round in the WRFL. Should be a few close games. Here are my tips.

St Albans V Deer Park - St Albans by 17 points (1 proper game under their belts should run over the top of Deer Park.)
Altona V Spotswood - Altona by 28 points (Altona's ground is far to big for the older boys from Spotswood.)
Hoppers V Colts - Hoppers by 56 points (Colts haven't had all of their team together at training let alone a game. Will take some time to gel.)
Sunshine V Albion - Sunshine by 83 points (Could get ugly.)
Yarraville Seddon V North Footscray - Yarraville by 67 points (Too many new recruits, too many players have left.)

Just my opinion though. Would like to hear others thoughts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Deer Park vs St. Albans - DP 28 points
Altona vs Spotswood - Alt 19 points
Hoppers vs Port Melb - Hopp 46 points
Sunshine vs Albion - Sun 54 points
Yarraville vs Nth Foots - Yarra 120 points

St Albans V Deer Park - St Albans by 17 points (1 proper game under their belts should run over the top of Deer Park.)
Altona V Spotswood - Altona by 28 points (Altona's ground is far to big for the older boys from Spotswood.)
Hoppers V Colts - Hoppers by 56 points (Colts haven't had all of their team together at training let alone a game. Will take some time to gel.)
Yarraville Seddon V North Footscray - Yarraville by 67 points (Too many new recruits, too many players have left.)

WTF are you on about ? And if there is any semblance of sanity at all in that comment, how would you know ???????

A Port Colts' side with all of their players playing wouldn't get beaten by Airport West by 90 points.
Your statement was Colts have not had all their players at training let alone a game. So your statement was an observation based on a practice match result where sides are rarely at full strength.Does not mean majority of players have not been training. You have Fabricated this in your own mind to back up a stupid prediction of Hoppers winning by near on 10 goals. Pisses me off when people fabricate things to suit their needs to try denergrate a club. I should have stopped reading at St Albans to beat Deer Park.:eek:

Your statement was Colts have not had all their players at training let alone a game. So your statement was an observation based on a practice match result where sides are rarely at full strength.Does not mean majority of players have not been training. You have Fabricated this in your own mind to back up a stupid prediction of Hoppers winning by near on 10 goals. Pisses me off when people fabricate things to suit their needs to try denergrate a club. I should have stopped reading at St Albans to beat Deer Park.:eek:

Well we will see if Port wins.

Most of the players at deer park played together at Marbi park, so they have played more then 1 game of football together

Both are great guys and were good clubmen, why would a battling club want to lose them?
If they werent happy, maybe they shouldnt have signed contracts...
Albion wont be losing this appeal after the stuff up with philpot.

Both are great guys and were good clubmen, why would a battling club want to lose them?
If they werent happy, maybe they shouldnt have signed contracts...
Albion wont be losing this appeal after the stuff up with philpot.

Is it true that Albion will not have enough numbers to field a Reserve's Team tomorrow. I beleive the U18's have a bye will some of these maybe make up the no's ?

Deer Park by 20pts
Altona by 15 pts
Sunshine by heaps
Yarra by 38 pts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back