WRFL Division 1 - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely with so much money being spent on the seniors, and the juniors being limited to opportunities to play senior football, if Deer Park want to remain a powerhouse after the money runs out, then surely the juniors have their registrations waived. I mean, if you really want to build a sustainable future, the Investment shouldn't be on 35 year old blokes who don't give two shits about the colour of the jumper, just the colour of the kanga lining their pockets.

Once those juniors are looked after, then go lining blokes like Andrew Lovetts pockets.

All the best.

Very smart suggestion. I have said similar myself in the past. IF a club sacrificed 1 player on $500 a game (plenty of them these days) it would cover the cost of 2 junior teams for a whole season and 45 kids would be able to play for free.

Strange set up we have where blokes get paid silly amounts of money to play a game and kids who want to play the same game need to pay for the privelage!!

Surely with so much money being spent on the seniors, and the juniors being limited to opportunities to play senior football, if Deer Park want to remain a powerhouse after the money runs out, then surely the juniors have their registrations waived. I mean, if you really want to build a sustainable future, the Investment shouldn't be on 35 year old blokes who don't give two shits about the colour of the jumper, just the colour of the kanga lining their pockets.

Once those juniors are looked after, then go lining blokes like Andrew Lovetts pockets.

All the best.
Thats pretty smart,do you know how much it costs to field junior teams.thinking like you do every club would struggle even more,how many 35 year olds do we have?You blokes have no idea,are we the first club to have ex AFL players?No we're not,but we are the first one to have one straight from an AFL PREMIERSHIP.Five years ago we had no u18s or u16s,now we do.lucky enough to get a couple of young guns back after being poached by Hoppers and will be a good chance of playing round 1.To tell you the truth,we couldn't give a #### what you or anyone else thinks.You all wish you could do the same thing.so in closing,maybe you should stick to table tennis,a real team game.
KEEP LEADING FROM THE FRONT BULLY.BRING ON FRIDAY NIGHT.

Thats pretty smart,do you know how much it costs to field junior teams.thinking like you do every club would struggle even more,how many 35 year olds do we have?You blokes have no idea,are we the first club to have ex AFL players?No we're not,but we are the first one to have one straight from an AFL PREMIERSHIP.Five years ago we had no u18s or u16s,now we do.lucky enough to get a couple of young guns back after being poached by Hoppers and will be a good chance of playing round 1.To tell you the truth,we couldn't give a #### what you or anyone else thinks.You all wish you could do the same thing.so in closing,maybe you should stick to table tennis,a real team game.
Mate I'm from an amateur club. I couldn't give a rats toss how much or who you spend it on.

It doesn't cost $500,000 to run kids and a little bit of over indulgent spending could be re-invested intothe future rather than into the pockets of blokes who still probably don't know what colours they will be wearing.

I know they won't be playing for each other. Be worried if you cop a side that are close in the finals. That will to win for your mate's won't be there.

You say that but time and again your rants point to the contrary.
Your club is in a good position atm, enjoy it. :thumbsu:

I think the young guns u refer too may have been from caro Springs when they were poached from hoppers. Also how many games would these kids play in the 1s other than the 4 or 5 senior games guaranteed in their contracts?

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

Very smart suggestion. I have said similar myself in the past. IF a club sacrificed 1 player on $500 a game (plenty of them these days) it would cover the cost of 2 junior teams for a whole season and 45 kids would be able to play for free.

Strange set up we have where blokes get paid silly amounts of money to play a game and kids who want to play the same game need to pay for the privelage!!
agghh the old hard working president/committee line...give us a spell! the club is in the position it is b/c of the depth of one blokes pockets.

really wonder what the comp are thinking and saying behind closed doors. quicker they get to the EDFL the better.
Is that right is it?You wouldn't know.We love that people like you keep talking s**t about something they have no idea about.All you do is make us go harder,we are ran like a business and still have room in our budget for more.We won't be like other clubs
Mate I'm from an amateur club. I couldn't give a rats toss how much or who you spend it on.

It doesn't cost $500,000 to run kids and a little bit of over indulgent spending could be re-invested intothe future rather than into the pockets of blokes who still probably don't know what colours they will be wearing.

I know they won't be playing for each other. Be worried if you cop a side that are close in the finals. That will to win for your mate's won't be there.

You must have missed last years grand final.we were 44 points down at one stage and came back to win,i think that would be called playing for each other,wouldn't you.You wouldn't have any idea about our club.Get on the Ameteur website and keep eating your scones.

Is that right is it?You wouldn't know.We love that people like you keep talking s**t about something they have no idea about.All you do is make us go harder,we are ran like a business and still have room in our budget for more.We won't be like other clubs

You must have missed last years grand final.we were 44 points down at one stage and came back to win,i think that would be called playing for each other,wouldn't you.You wouldn't have any idea about our club.Get on the Ameteur website and keep eating your scones.

you say you dont give a t0ss about what other clubs think of you but you go on and bang your chest every 2nd day about the signings you have made, Goldie leading from the front bullsh1t etc.

yes footy is all about flags but a fair bit of it is also about respect, and i can assure you followers of the comp respect Spotswood and what they stand for as a footy club. Not sure the same can be said for your joint.

Great answer... thats what local footy should be all about!! Forget about friendships, helping others, developing people, bringing people together, contributing to a local community and even having a bit of fun. Running a business is where it is at!!

Round 1

St Albans v Deer Park - closer then people think.
Colts v Spotty - close again, Colts to get better as season goes on.
Altona v Albion - Still have a few quality players.
Kangas v Yarraville - Kangas should get a good win.
Werribee v Hoppers - The new boys to get one up on cross town rivals.

Good Luck:thumbsu:

Pretty disappointing that the Werribee Districts V Hoppers game isn't under lights at Chirnside.

from what I hear, Werribee FC ticked it off, the two clubs ticked it off, but the council overruled and put a stop to it.

pretty disappointing. the old rivalry would have been great to watch on a Saturday night as a showcase game.

Would have been a fair quid to be made too.

Well done Wyndham City Council..........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty disappointing that the Werribee Districts V Hoppers game isn't under lights at Chirnside.

from what I hear, Werribee FC ticked it off, the two clubs ticked it off, but the council overruled and put a stop to it.

pretty disappointing. the old rivalry would have been great to watch on a Saturday night as a showcase game.

Reasons ?

Yep ridiculous decision by the council. Would have been a massive crowd there for sure, I know a fair few blokes who would go to watch this game after they played theirs

Reasons ?

probably has something to do with the centre wicket only having a week from cricket season.

pretty rubbish really.

Doesn't bother the council when any other local club plays on a cricket pitch a week after the cricket season.

probably has something to do with the centre wicket only having a week from cricket season.

pretty rubbish really.

Doesn't bother the council when any other local club plays on a cricket pitch a week after the cricket season.

Whyndham council are shocking in general. Doesn't bother them when the wickets are rock hard in the finals.

would of been a Cracking game under lights extremely disappointing from the Council.

where is every body gone pretty quite nobody got anything to say about any of the games over the weekend ?

where is every body gone pretty quite nobody got anything to say about any of the games over the weekend ?

The cup has been won already. Nobody cares about 2014. Smart teams are playing kids, moving on over paid old blokes and planning for 2 or 3 years time when winning the hwole thing may be a possibility

The cup has been won already. Nobody cares about 2014. Smart teams are playing kids, moving on over paid old blokes and planning for 2 or 3 years time when winning the hwole thing may be a possibility

It is a good point you make and you are probably right. From a players perspective though, when you win a premiership the best part about hearing the final siren on the big day is the sense of achievement that you and your team mates feel through effort and hard work. Will Deer Park players feel a bit shallow knowing the their achievement this year will have been bought instead of earned ???? :rolleyes:

Altho DP have spent a bit, it is never in the bag until that final siren on GF day. Deer park like all others still have to play the season and finals out and weirder things have happened during finals and it sometimes doesn't all go to script.
I think it is great if clubs are looking to play kids and look at recruiting in different ways for this year and the next few years as they will benefit 10 fold from investing in their junior program's. I think wrfl u/18 standard and participation needs to increase a fair bit very quickly for clubs to continue to get better in the senior ranks. But it has to start from somewhere.
I would hope that clubs have not given up already on winning it, local footy would be boring if that was the case.
Question for you all...
Old school footy was just as much about toughness and getting inside opposition heads weather it be through vocal intimidation or physical stuff, with DP being dominant does the old school tough guy get a call up late in the year to clear a passage for finals for some teams??? It could be one way to even up the cards lol
I only ask as I was having a few jars with a few of my family who are all old port boys and players and discussing the situation in local footy with money and what it's doing and they were very quick to mention that in there day money certainly never helped a bloke who wore a few continuously throughout the game and money certainly never got in the way of them retaliating....???? I know it is not the look the wrfl want or the way teams want to do things but do clubs and players still have the win at all cost mentality or is there no place in footy for the old port way of doing things?
Just putting it out there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back