• Brad Julier
  • Jason Clarke
  • Torren Bonnet
  • Tim Jenkins
  • Russell Douglas
  • Luke Theodore
  • Jason Fitzpatrick
  • Ali Taleb
Not easy with the minimum five years and a heap of names come to mind unlucky; Dave Clonan, Adam Taylor, Brett Jacobs (will be dirty on me), Jase Perkins, Macualey Goring, Patty Wiggins, Mark Keenan, Sami Sir, Sedat Sir, Ben Foley, Luke Sinnot, Ben Kelly, Steve McAnulty, Scott McGoldrick, Blake Toomey, Aaron Freeland, John Lindsay, Mark Antonowicz, Sebastion Arena, Aaron Tymms, Todd Finco, Jason Butina, Reece Miles & possibly missed a heap.

Just my opinion!

Its hard to fit in everyone, but you forgot probably the best of all - MICHAEL FROST.

Not sure when Frosty finished, but agree best player I've ever seen by a margin in this comp. His last couple of seasons his ankle just let him down at Hoppers & not sure what years???

Not sure when Frosty finished, but agree best player I've ever seen by a margin in this comp. His last couple of seasons his ankle just let him down at Hoppers & not sure what years???

Captain coached Hoppers in 2006 Grand Final loss against Port Colts, so he is within the timeline set.

THE LADDER FOR THIS YEAR.

DEER PARK, WONT LOSE A GAME.
SPOTSWOOD, BRIDES MAID AGAIN.
STALBANS, BIG IMPROVERS.
SUNSHINE, SAME AS LAST YEAR.
ALBION, WERRIBEE, HOPPERS, THESE 3 WILL FIGHT OUT FIFTH SPOT, SO THE GAMES WHEN THEY PLAY EACH OTHER WILL BE CRUCIAL.
PORT COLTS, A YEAR TO REGROUP, TO MANY LEAVING AND THE OLD CREW CANT KEEP GOING FOREVER.
ALTONA, BIG TROUBLE, PREMIERS 2 YEARS AGO, LOST A LOT OF QUALITY, NOTHING COMING IN, 2ND LAST.
YARRAVILLE, TO MANY GONE AS WELL AND YOU ARE CLUTCHING AT STRAWS WHEN YOU OFFER A DIV 2 B & F $ 1200 A GAME, WOODEN SPOON.

WHAT DO OTHER BF FOOTY PEOPLE THINK ?

STALBANS, BIG IMPROVERS.
ALBION, WERRIBEE, HOPPERS, THESE 3 WILL FIGHT OUT FIFTH SPOT, SO THE GAMES WHEN THEY PLAY EACH OTHER WILL BE CRUCIAL.
PORT COLTS, A YEAR TO REGROUP, TO MANY LEAVING AND THE OLD CREW CANT KEEP GOING FOREVER.
ALTONA, BIG TROUBLE, PREMIERS 2 YEARS AGO, LOST A LOT OF QUALITY, NOTHING COMING IN, 2ND LAST.
YARRAVILLE, TO MANY GONE AS WELL AND YOU ARE CLUTCHING AT STRAWS WHEN YOU OFFER A DIV 2 B & F $ 1200 A GAME, WOODEN SPOON.

Footyonthenose - you may want to check your sources because I can tell you that you are way way off the mark if you are referring to Jesse Lampi. Sounds like sour grapes to me my friend. Perhaps you should look internally at your own club, and stop trying to bring down others.

Footyonthenose - you may want to check your sources because I can tell you that you are way way off the mark if you are referring to Jesse Lampi. Sounds like sour grapes to me my friend. Perhaps you should look internally at your own club, and stop trying to bring down others.

Hey Spoiler - Not bringing your club down, its reality these days that many if not all players going around are getting paid over the "ODDS", would you agree.

My club has realised that this gets you in debt and if your lucky a flag, thats why they are moving down the track of giving the kids a go.

Its sounds like you know what Jesse is getting paid and you didn't want the rest of the Yarraville senior list to find out ! Ha Ha !

Hey Spoiler - Not bringing your club down, its reality these days that many if not all players going around are getting paid over the "ODDS", would you agree.

My club has realised that this gets you in debt and if your lucky a flag, thats why they are moving down the track of giving the kids a go.

Its sounds like you know what Jesse is getting paid and you didn't want the rest of the Yarraville senior list to find out ! Ha Ha !

Whether or not you or I believe what the players get payed these days is overs doesn't matter. It's a reality that footy clubs are dealing with at the moment, and how long it's sustainable depends on the club and their attitude to player payments.

What I take umbrage to, is others spreading rumours about what we are or aren't paying, especially when there is no fact to the rumours.

So Ted Kantic, you look after your little club down there in Division 2, and we'll look after ours. And I'm not interested in this dragging out on BF any longer because like Denis Pagan once said "Never argue with a fool for too long, because after a while no-one can tell the difference". So I certainly don't want to engage with you any further.

Whether or not you or I believe what the players get payed these days is overs doesn't matter. It's a reality that footy clubs are dealing with at the moment, and how long it's sustainable depends on the club and their attitude to player payments.

What I take umbrage to, is others spreading rumours about what we are or aren't paying, especially when there is no fact to the rumours.

So Ted Kantic, you look after your little club down there in Division 2, and we'll look after ours. And I'm not interested in this dragging out on BF any longer because like Denis Pagan once said "Never argue with a fool for too long, because after a while no-one can tell the difference". So I certainly don't want to engage with you any further.

And it's spelled "paid"

I notice on the WRFL website that Altona Football Club and the Altona Junior Football Club have different jumpers, and I gather they operate as separate "clubs". Seems a crazy way to run a club - separate entities for juniors and seniors - bit like a dysfunctional family. I am sure that "one Altona" football club would be a much better club.

I notice on the WRFL website that Altona Football Club and the Altona Junior Football Club have different jumpers, and I gather they operate as separate "clubs". Seems a crazy way to run a club - separate entities for juniors and seniors - bit like a dysfunctional family. I am sure that "one Altona" football club would be a much better club.

yes 2 separate clubs, senior club would love to have it as one club especially with the junior clubs bank balance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yes 2 separate clubs, senior club would love to have it as one club especially with the junior clubs bank balance

I think you will see more of this happening at other clubs in the future. All you need is a few junior parents to get on committee's and realise that the fees some clubs charge juniors are double or triple what needs to be charged to cover costs.

The extra money is then diverted into senior player payments. I am sure that Altona is not the only club that has split juniors and seniors where the juniors are loaded and the seniors are living right on the line.

Is is a fine balance in my opinion - I think a combined committee with a focus on both is best practice but the balance must be right. It makes the Presidents role very complex juggling both the interests and investment of the seniors v the junior programs needs and ensuring membership is in the realm of affordability in particular to those low income families.

You need to invest to be competitive at the top level and most of the top quality juniors that come through the system and get to Western Jets are usually from the strong senior clubs. Those who go on to get drafted are also from these clubs with exception to Will Hoskin-Elliot & Majak Daw.

It is unfair on Altona this argument as they developed a list that returned together to get a Divvy 1 flag (majority home growns). They possibly all played for below what would be market rate on player payments and have now been recruited to other clubs because the offers have come strongly. Their junior program is still one of the best in the competition lead by very committed people of the Altona community.

If you run seperate committees it could potentially impact on opportunities ahead for these kids. The best thing about our local sports is enjoying the mateship in particular of those close that you have grown up with (GB50 - that has evident at Heights over the last decade). Sometimes we get caught up in the pursuit of being the best to miss out on these such things that some would argue are more important.

STALBANS, BIG IMPROVERS.

It's pretty easy to say "too many gone = wooden spoon" from an uninformed perspective, and with an extremely fixed mindset, especially considering that many of those players were Division 2 standard, returning to Division 2 standard football. Maybe have a look at training numbers, recruitment, junior stability etc. instead of just jumping on the "oh look, they picked up a decent player, they must be paying him ridiculous money because they are s**t" band wagon. The only thing I really agree with on your list is Deer Park first, stop feeding into the bogan rumour culture in the WRFL and maybe open your eyes a little.

It's pretty easy to say "too many gone = wooden spoon" from an uninformed perspective, and with an extremely fixed mindset, especially considering that many of those players were Division 2 standard, returning to Division 2 standard football. Maybe have a look at training numbers, recruitment, junior stability etc. instead of just jumping on the "oh look, they picked up a decent player, they must be paying him ridiculous money because they are s**t" band wagon. The only thing I really agree with on your list is Deer Park first, stop feeding into the bogan rumour culture in the WRFL and maybe open your eyes a little.

I thought forums such as this are to provide an opinion, the above is mine. Never said you were 's**t' as you put it.
If your happy with where you are at good luck !

Bud, I think its the part where you say "My club" that has the boys thinking you are at a club.
So when in the next post you pretend to not know who somebody is and justify it with a" Im not at any club", its easy to see somethings not right.
Who gives a rats what a player is paid. If you've got it spend it. If your offered it, take it. You would.

Bud, I think its the part where you say "My club" that has the boys thinking you are at a club.
So when in the next post you pretend to not know who somebody is and justify it with a" Im not at any club", its easy to see somethings not right.
Who gives a rats what a player is paid. If you've got it spend it. If your offered it, take it. You would.

Hey Bud, I can honestly say that I am not involved at any club this year ( who cares ).

In relation to player payments, a club might have the money for a couple of years maybe 5 if their lucky to splash around on players, but have a look at the economy, unemployment, business's closing down, football club payments are not sustainable at the current level's, would you agree ?

Seriously can't see spotswood improving this year, O'Keefe is overrated and probably going to have a poor season anyway because nobody at that team will even be able to get the ball, let alone give it to him the cherry picking campaigner. Seriously, most over-achieved team in the last 10 years, no depth and no defence. 7-8th prediction for me

Seriously can't see spotswood improving this year, O'Keefe is overrated and probably going to have a poor season anyway because nobody at that team will even be able to get the ball, let alone give it to him the cherry picking Syd. Seriously, most over-achieved team in the last 10 years, no depth and no defence. 7-8th prediction for me
Yea, pretty much. This FOOTYONTHENOSE guy has no clue. Yarraville will finish top four, Spotty will get nowhere near it. Werribee the same story.

Yea, pretty much. This FOOTYONTHENOSE guy has no clue. Yarraville will finish top four, Spotty will get nowhere near it. Werribee the same story.

O'keefe has gone, so no he wont be getting a kick in the wrfl, but he will double his stats in the CHFL.

I hope Spotty do struggle, but they have 2 guns coming back in Sablich and Dumbleton from the GFL where they have been playing a higher standard of footy.

It doesn't matter anyway - Deer Park will win every game by plenty and go through the year undefeated !

Gooday boys,the Fossil is back for a late replacement for our latest defector,our former #7,we are wrapped to announce a fair replacement in gaining the signature of former Carlton star Ryan Houlahan.Hope you enjoy driving up the bush each week Shagga.A great addition to,B Guerra,Thornton,Hargraves,Condos,Cooper,Stankovic,Wong,McKenzie and so on.
BULLY will be leading from the front again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back