WRFL Division 2 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow all 3 posts have left albanvale out of the top 5, they did play off in a granny last year ppl, have lost a few but surely will finish top 5

How can you have Albanvale in your top 5 for this season?

outs include: Mohamed, Barry, Ashman, Bligh, Docherty, Growcott, Kormozci, Montrose, and the Coach.

And i dont see many if any players coming in.

Not saying Albanvale will struggle i just think teams around them are going to improve out of sight this year and they wont see finals action this season which might not be a bad thing it might be time to rebuild after having numerous chances over the past few years :thumbsu:

They still have the Formosa brothers running around, right? Top three at the very worst.

They still have the Formosa brothers running around, right? Top three at the very worst.
Been down watchind CS train last couple of weeks, i see they were talking to a couple boys from Southport hope fully something came of it for em.
Must have a bit of cash to splash, by lookn from the sideline boys didnt look to bad not bad for a club goin into its 2nd year hopefully they can get some guys there who want to make a name for themselves and help build something instead of just chasin money.:thumbsu:

Been down watchind CS train last couple of weeks, i see they were talking to a couple boys from Southport hope fully something came of it for em.
Must have a bit of cash to splash, by lookn from the sideline boys didnt look to bad not bad for a club goin into its 2nd year hopefully they can get some guys there who want to make a name for themselves and help build something instead of just chasin money.:thumbsu:

I heard a whisper that CS are struggling financially and are getting some assistance from the league as they want ensure their survival.

Can anyone confirm this whisper?

I heard a whisper that CS are struggling financially and are getting some assistance from the league as they want ensure their survival.

Can anyone confirm this whisper?
I know a couple of the executive guys at the club and i can tell you they definately aint got no financial trouble.
They have 200 plus juniors good sponsors and a great social calender to finance the club.
The difference is that the money they spend on the players, they actually have. Not like alot of clubs who sign players with no way of meeting there committment to those players.
As for the league helping them to survive well the league didnt even help them to establish the seniors last year, they did it on there own.:thumbsu:

I know a couple of the executive guys at the club and i can tell you they definately aint got no financial trouble.
They have 200 plus juniors good sponsors and a great social calender to finance the club.
The difference is that the money they spend on the players, they actually have. Not like alot of clubs who sign players with no way of meeting there committment to those players.
As for the league helping them to survive well the league didnt even help them to establish the seniors last year, they did it on there own.:thumbsu:

The U/18's look as though they have good numbers,and might have a good show this year.

The U/18's look as though they have good numbers,and might have a good show this year.
Yeah when i was there last week the 18s looked better than last year and to have a guess id say there would be 20 to 25, apparently a couple have been sucked in to go to Deer Park, they were offered apparently $50 a game. What a joke ay.

Yeah when i was there last week the 18s looked better than last year and to have a guess id say there would be 20 to 25, apparently a couple have been sucked in to go to Deer Park, they were offered apparently $50 a game. What a joke ay.

I heard a whisper that it's not a joke. The whisper is that it's smart from deer park.

Offering the kids $50 now to get them over will mean not having to pay them as much when they turn into decent senior players for deer park. Yes for Deer park not CS.

I heard a whisper that the only loser here is CS. If they were as good a club as people keep saying they are they would've put measures in place to prevent that type of poaching. obviously CS management lack the foresight a "good" football club needs

I heard a whisper that it's not a joke. The whisper is that it's smart from deer park.

Offering the kids $50 now to get them over will mean not having to pay them as much when they turn into decent senior players for deer park. Yes for Deer park not CS.

I heard a whisper that the only loser here is CS. If they were as good a club as people keep saying they are they would've put measures in place to prevent that type of poaching. obviously CS management lack the foresight a "good" football club needs

Paying U8's is a disgrace. Still Deer Park are desparate to win a flag because the "money man" will go if they don't.
Caroline Springs don't lack foresight, they value the future of the club by not over committing financially for posible short term gain.

Hahahaha

Will work the opposite way... Boosting kids egos then those kids will be expecting money when they havent proven anything in senior footy. Already saw it last year... A kid who won an under 18's league B&F demanding the same money as the senior captain yet hadnt played a senior game

Thinking young guys will be loyal to a club because they were given $50 a game in 18's... If they were encouraged to leave their junior club for cash... Why would they be loyal to that club?? Let's say if the money dried up

Paying U8's is a disgrace. Still Deer Park are desparate to win a flag because the "money man" will go if they don't.
Caroline Springs don't lack foresight, they value the future of the club by not over committing financially for posible short term gain.
Thanks for the support Zinc, thats right once the money man of DP has gone lets see if all stick around i dont think so.
One thing killing local football is the players themselves who think they are worth bucketloads.

Thanks for the support Zinc, thats right once the money man of DP has gone lets see if all stick around i dont think so.
One thing killing local football is the players themselves who think they are worth bucketloads.
They won't stay, take a look at the edfl clearances and the see amount leaving marby atm (plus more to go). Sure winning flags is great but at the risk of alienating juniors? Not on your life.

They won't stay, take a look at the edfl clearances and the see amount leaving marby atm (plus more to go). Sure winning flags is great but at the risk of alienating juniors? Not on your life.

clearance list leaving Marby is currently at 8 (I know probably more to come) and besides looking at the players leaving Greenvale, a lot more than Marby at the moment with who knows more to fellow?

Go Marby

clearance list leaving Marby is currently at 8 (I know probably more to come) and besides looking at the players leaving Greenvale, a lot more than Marby at the moment with who knows more to fellow?

Go Marby

I think you'll find the majority are reserves/ 18s players leaving for opportunities elsewhere. Marby on the other hand has lost over half of their senior side..
Neither is a great way to be but when a club has 2 u18s sides there will never be enough senior spots to go around, which then benefits the lower placed clubs around them due to the flow on effect. Sadly though the days of "local footy " seem to be dying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you'll find the majority are reserves/ 18s players leaving for opportunities elsewhere. Marby on the other hand has lost over half of their senior side..
Neither is a great way to be but when a club has 2 u18s sides there will never be enough senior spots to go around, which then benefits the lower placed clubs around them due to the flow on effect. Sadly though the days of "local footy " seem to be dying.
You are so true about seem to be dying, but its up to the clubs to take a stance and say to players, NO, this is what we are paying you and thats what you are worth.
I know at CS the success they are building first is the off feild success, making it a place where anyone can come and feel welcome and make it a place where people want to play.
People think its all about on feild success, try sustaining it. Where off feild success is sustainable as long as you have good helpers within the club.CS is only in its 2nd senior year and going on last years feel around the club i can tell you its a good place to around.:thumbsu:
Bring on the season.

, ..."but its up to the clubs to take a stance and say to players, NO, this is what we are paying you and thats what you are worth."

Great in theory but doesn't/won't work. If you knock them back they appeal to the League and are cleared (restraint of trade).

We should be getting close to some Practice matches now, Who is playing Who and When? Will teams be fielding close to full strength sides in these games?

North Sunshine and Coburg Districts seem to be the only Div 2 teams with practice games scheduled up on their website...any other news as to who is playing who and where?

Been written on here before but FYI:

Laverton Magpies have 2 games:

Saturday March 17 vs Geelong West (AWAY)
Saturday March 24 vs Belmont (AWAY).

We will have 2 games of 4 quarters (20-25min quarters TBC).

Been written on here before but FYI:

Laverton Magpies have 2 games:

Saturday March 17 vs Geelong West (AWAY)
Saturday March 24 vs Belmont (AWAY).

We will have 2 games of 4 quarters (20-25min quarters TBC).

How did Braybrook go last year?? They will be the big improvers if money is anything to go by they are getting a ruckman from Powerhouse for $500 a game plus some handy onballers..

How did Braybrook go last year?? They will be the big improvers if money is anything to go by they are getting a ruckman from Powerhouse for $500 a game plus some handy onballers..

Lets just say that Braybrook would need to be spending some money to improve on the past few years! Once upon a time they were a power house of the competition but havent been able to attract the quality players needed over the past few years.

Good on them for going out and trying to recruit some handy players with the coin, lets just hope the players are the right ones cause they will need a few to challange the top sides this year.. :thumbsu:

North Sunshine and Coburg Districts seem to be the only Div 2 teams with practice games scheduled up on their website...any other news as to who is playing who and where?

Wyndamvale are on a training camp in Lorne this weekend, unsure if they are playing a game though.

Yarraville / Seddon are in Yarrawonga next weekend playing Tungamah.

Its on their websites :thumbsu:

Anyone in the know able to let us know how the Wyndamvale and Coburg training camps went over the weekend? Were intra club games played and which players are showing some promise leading into praccy games this weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back