WRFL Division 2 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly putting me in the same boat as mr brown is an honour, no one fishes on big footy like the great man lol Dude where get ur info from? I'm the fittest I've been in years running rings around the young lads at training, true story :) Becoming a dad for the first time has resurrected mr Karims Footy lol
Won't be playing 2nds mate but I will be assistant coach
We all know I ain't a sniper mate and ur mate deserved a clip around the ears plus y didn't u do anything then?
See you around mr thommo

ready to have a ripper year watch this space :)

Haha, the only difference is karim, you'll actually have something to say in person. Congrats with the little one too. As for the 'clip' from behind, if you came within 30m of me, i no doubt would of, we all know im not cyril rioli. Lol.
Ah well footy is footy, and for what its worth, good luck with what seems is going to be a tight season. ;)
Well, hello weapons. Up with the big boys now, bet youre as chirpy as ever, not that any of it is your doing, besides being the only one to put a stain on their sucess. Look forward to watching you mouth off in the big boys thread. And then go to s**t when confronted. And div2 hacks? Youre in div1 for the first time in 50 years and youre already flapping your gums. Lol. You guys shafted your home grown to buy a spot up there. Quality.
I hope for your sake you guys atleast make the five. Itd be a shame to spend zillions to miss out playing when it counts. All the best though browny. Look forward to hearing from you again. ;)

Glenorden and Rowville's practice match got called off Half way thru the third 1/4 due to an all inbrawl Iguess that's the way they both roll.

Rowville's President called the gameoff by coming onto the ground due to the melee, it was 'UGLY' the umpire's duly agreed. it was basically out of control. Glenordens Runner also got involved as the fight moved up the players race where the Glenorden spectators have a few; lucky none of them got involved.

Where do they go from here, I dont understand how a practice match gets this out of hand.

Glenorden and Rowville's practice match got called off Half way thru the third 1/4 due to an all inbrawl Iguess that's the way they both roll.

Rowville's President called the gameoff by coming onto the ground due to the melee, it was 'UGLY' the umpire's duly agreed. it was basically out of control. Glenordens Runner also got involved as the fight moved up the players race where the Glenorden spectators have a few; lucky none of them got involved.

Where do they go from here, I dont understand how a practice match gets this out of hand.

Why on earth would u bother fighting in a praccy? Pretty silly

Absolutely unforgivable Glenorden, what a great way to promote WRFL football and to set a great example to kids, no wonder your clubs turning to s**t!!!

Had the pleasure of seeing 2 and a half quarters of the game at Glen Orden on saturday. Its a shame that blokes like coldog, west coast eagles and ontheup werent thete to see it and simply read the forum to pot without knowing what happened. Considering i was standing about 3.5 metres away from the incident i can honestly suprised that the game was called off. In actual fact the umpires were not the ones who decided to call the game off. Yes there were some spot fires and a few haymakers being thrown but it was rowville's president that stormed on the ground and started pushing GO players. Once he finally restrained himself he said 'thats it game is off'. Meanwhile most of the fight had stopped. What shocked me the most was that umpires incharge had no control whatsoever over the game. Surely by paying a free kick or simply throwing the ball up would have turned attention on where it should have been ie on the footy. I'm not saying that the GO players were the innocent party nor am i saying that they were the instigator. What i will say is that if this was any other club than Glen Orden it would not even rated a mention. Before the melee broke out it was a cracker of a game with GO 2 goals up about half way through the third. Got a mate who has signed there and was very suprised with the quality of the game.

Yeah fair response. I know a few blokes down there this year and hardly the thug type. It couldve been any wrfl club i guess, nothing wrong with a bit of passion and flying the flag. Although i do agree that punching on in a praccy is pretty pointless.

Peoples tips for this weeks season opener?

Yeah fair response. I know a few blokes down there this year and hardly the thug type. It couldve been any wrfl club i guess, nothing wrong with a bit of passion and flying the flag. Although i do agree that punching on in a praccy is pretty pointless.

Peoples tips for this weeks season opener?

anyone care to give me odds for nth sunshine at the line rd1?

Meaning will they have a side? I hope so, it will be sad to see them shut the gates. I have heard that it could be on the cards? I know a couple of their better players have signed at laverton, one quite handy. Would be a fair loss id imagine.

Meaning will they have a side? I hope so, it will be sad to see them shut the gates. I have heard that it could be on the cards? I know a couple of their better players have signed at laverton, one quite handy. Would be a fair loss id imagine.
20 Clearances out - 2 Pending in They fielded two teams from one side for most of last year ! Will be tough.

Has anyone got any info on North Sunshine's Practice game on Saturday? Did they play and will they field 2 teams this week?

Tips For This Week IMO

Albanvale Vs North Sunshine: If There is a game here i expect Albanvale to get the points pretty comfortably and be sitting on top after round 1 atleast.

Glenorden Vs Coburg Districts: Game of the round for sure. Glenorden have not won a game in just over 2 years and will be keen to get their first win since and confidence will be high. Coburg with a host of new recruits will also be very confident going in and i guess its just a case on who is better prepared at this stage. For me its Coburg by a couple of goals.

Laverton Vs Braybrook: Interesting game and should be entertaining. Braybrook have added a few new faces to the list as well as the new coach all will be ready to go, however with all the talk coming out of Lavo about there year ahead they will not want to drop this game and probally wont, but expect Braybrook to give it a good shake. Lavo by 6 goals.

West Foots Vs Caroline Springs: Last year you would have had West hot favs for this game and they prob will be for this one too but im tipping the upset and going with Caroline Springs. Dont know much about either team right now but i have a hunch there is a brighter side down at the lakers that will get them up in round 1. Lakers by 2-3 goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah someone fill us in on the road runners.

ALBANVALE - last years runners up, still have some quality players, would have to be strong again. 20+ goals

GLEN ORDEN - although coburg will be tough, and have picked up some handy players, orden from all reports are going well, and have alot to prove coming down. May be a couple of fisties in this one. 2 goals

WEST FOOTSCRAY - picked up and ex div1 player as coach, were good in patches last year. Will be tough to beat at home. 6 goals

LAVERTON - with a new team, new attitude, and new culture, they will be too strong for braybrook at home. 5 goals

Anyone else care to post their tips and views?

:thumbsu:
Has anyone got any info on North Sunshine's Practice game on Saturday? Did they play and will they field 2 teams this week?

Tips For This Week IMO

Albanvale Vs North Sunshine: If There is a game here i expect Albanvale to get the points pretty comfortably and be sitting on top after round 1 atleast.

Glenorden Vs Coburg Districts: Game of the round for sure. Glenorden have not won a game in just over 2 years and will be keen to get their first win since and confidence will be high. Coburg with a host of new recruits will also be very confident going in and i guess its just a case on who is better prepared at this stage. For me its Coburg by a couple of goals.

Laverton Vs Braybrook: Interesting game and should be entertaining. Braybrook have added a few new faces to the list as well as the new coach all will be ready to go, however with all the talk coming out of Lavo about there year ahead they will not want to drop this game and probally wont, but expect Braybrook to give it a good shake. Lavo by 6 goals.

West Foots Vs Caroline Springs: Last year you would have had West hot favs for this game and they prob will be for this one too but im tipping the upset and going with Caroline Springs. Dont know much about either team right now but i have a hunch there is a brighter side down at the lakers that will get them up in round 1. Lakers by 2-3 goals.
If i was a betting man id be going with you this week.
I was down watching the lakers have a hit against Melton Centrals on Saturday great game til half time i think scores were level. The lakers took most quality blokes off after half time and decided to try different set plays with the 2nds players just incase they are needed threwout the year and also thried some blokes in different posies. I suppose thats what praccies are for, in the end Centrals had a comfy win. The U18s which in 2011 was an ordinary side got up and thrashed Pt Cook who won last years prem. Apparently the Lakers have got kids from Echuca and Ballarat to play this year. F**k how serious are they.
Talking to the guys at the top end of the club they where saying they have signed Hawthorn Football Club to be affiliated with for a minimum 3 years, the Hawks will be taking some U16/18 players under there wings to help develop them in a way that hasnt been tried yet. They were saying certain kids will train in a new development squad designed for the Hawks affiliated clubs where certain Hawk coaches will train these kids in ways to enhance the posies they play in know. Even the Jets dont do this stuff.
On the dollar side from a good reliable source, Hawthorn have signed for $100k over 3 years and the new pub Westwaters which is part of Hawthorn is also backing them.
Can you imagine what potential that club has maybe the league better get some advice on how to run things from these people.
Anyway the Lakers look better and i reckon this year Divi 2s gunna be a cracker.:thumbsu:

:thumbsu:
If i was a betting man id be going with you this week.
I was down watching the lakers have a hit against Melton Centrals on Saturday great game til half time i think scores were level. The lakers took most quality blokes off after half time and decided to try different set plays with the 2nds players just incase they are needed threwout the year and also thried some blokes in different posies. I suppose thats what praccies are for, in the end Centrals had a comfy win. The U18s which in 2011 was an ordinary side got up and thrashed Pt Cook who won last years prem. Apparently the Lakers have got kids from Echuca and Ballarat to play this year. F**k how serious are they.
Talking to the guys at the top end of the club they where saying they have signed Hawthorn Football Club to be affiliated with for a minimum 3 years, the Hawks will be taking some U16/18 players under there wings to help develop them in a way that hasnt been tried yet. They were saying certain kids will train in a new development squad designed for the Hawks affiliated clubs where certain Hawk coaches will train these kids in ways to enhance the posies they play in know. Even the Jets dont do this stuff.
On the dollar side from a good reliable source, Hawthorn have signed for $100k over 3 years and the new pub Westwaters which is part of Hawthorn is also backing them.
Can you imagine what potential that club has maybe the league better get some advice on how to run things from these people.
Anyway the Lakers look better and i reckon this year Divi 2s gunna be a cracker.:thumbsu:

Wow 100k over 3 years? I might just ask for a pay rise lol

Yeah at training maybe. ;)

Karim, seeing as we are the only regulars on here lately, give us your round 1 predictions? Besides your obvious 30 touches in the warm up. Lol

Yeah at training maybe. ;)

Karim, seeing as we are the only regulars on here lately, give us your round 1 predictions? Besides your obvious 30 touches in the warm up. Lol

We the only 2 left and we ain't bagging eachother for a change, sad lol

Albanvale to win if nth even show up
Braybrook to beat Lavo
Coburg to smash glenorden
Lakers to beat the roosters in the match of the round
Tune in thommo and u might just get sick of hearing my name lol

We the only 2 left and we ain't bagging eachother for a change, sad lol

Albanvale to win if nth even show up
Braybrook to beat Lavo
Coburg to smash glenorden
Lakers to beat the roosters in the match of the round
Tune in thommo and u might just get sick of hearing my name lol

Lol, dunno about orden getting smashed, i wouldve thought itd be match of the round? laverton and braybrook will be a good game. Tune in you reckon? I might just pop down and take notes, may even get a few tips? Yeah the bagging has toned down, might have to think of some more comebacks to keep this thread going. Lol ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back