WRFL Division 2 - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep expected barbuto has been a great pickup love what he has brought to the club and will more than hold his own next year, Buttigieg as well classy player and Muratore is the heartbeat of the club and one of the better on ballers for the last 5 years in this division. They are their 3 real gun players that go through the middle!
Thanks heaps for posting the results keep them coming!
Parksides best and fairest.

Guy Barbuto
Luke Buttigeg
Chris Muratore
Jason Shaw
Michael Licciardo

All five were clear cut from the rest of the team in separation of votes. Barbuto a runaway winner, had a fantastic year, has to be a chance at the comp medal.

4 out of the top 5 new recruits. All in the team of the year. Outstanding effort, great recruiting by the magpies. ALL PREMIERSHIP PLAYERS

Will other clubs be after the above 5? Who knows time will tell. Fingers crossed they can hold the majority of the talent to make the step upto div 1

Dear GBF50,

Hadn't checked bigfooty for a while and nearly spat my cornflakes out when you said clubs should be allowed to look at their options!! Are you the same gbf50 that assasinated a club on bigfooty 4 to 5 years ago for going to the vafa and said they should be kicked out with their juniors if they didn't play wrfl?

Can you please give me an update of the status of the Dragons and confirm the following which l have now had confirmed by 2 sources

1. Players not paid for the current season – mass exodus as a result
2. Coach not paid but has offered to forgo his fee so his players get paid for season 2014
3. Sunshine Heights have already approached the league to drop to Div 3. If this is not accommodated by Bob and his bandits, Heights will look at the VAFA and failing this every chance Heights will fold
4. 2014 coach has resigned despite a 3 year deal being in place.
5. Most of the committee are resigning for various reasons

Where to for Heights now? Do you think your Auskick program and 2 junior sides will be enough to carry you thru this mess???

Is it a smidge embarrassing that you publicly assassinated a WRFL junior club (in 2010 and 2011) that went with the VAFA option for their senior sides and now your club is demanding to drop a division or you will take your bat and go home. If you have spoken to the VAFA, will you be able to pay the fine for breaking the WRFL constitution in that you dealt with another competition?

What comp will you put your 2 junior sides in if you go to the VAFA ???? In 2010 and 2011, you clearly stated that the WRFL should kick out the “whole club” if they took their seniors to the VAFA so to make it fair you would obviously be practicing what you preach if Heights were to attempt the move?

By the way, you have been really big on how money is killing local footy (which l agree) but if your club is going to try and play with the big boys money wise, can you at least pay it?

You now have had 4 coaches in 4 years and they have all resigned after one year – and your looking for another one for next year. Does heights have a culture problem in their playing ranks? very big case of the tail wagging the dog is what l am told....

In your defence, heard you weren’t around that often at Heights this year. Were the reigns handed to the wrong people and will you be getting involved again to save your beloved club??? Some big decisions to be made at heights in coming months. You have been a great servant of the SHFC but be brave, don’t be afraid to eat humble pie and admit you hit the gong a little early on a few issues when you own club’s background wasn’t as secure as you thought. Your club’s future could depend on it…..

Good luck GBF50 – Karma is a bit*h………………….

Good afternoon officer "Offseason Storm".

Almost all of the information that you have listed is incorrect. I will be happy to provide more specific answers if you are able to provide both your badge number and real name

Yep expected barbuto has been a great pickup love what he has brought to the club and will more than hold his own next year, Buttigieg as well classy player and Muratore is the heartbeat of the club and one of the better on ballers for the last 5 years in this division. They are their 3 real gun players that go through the middle!
Thanks heaps for posting the results keep them coming!

Parkside, 3 invitees, to the competition medal. Surely it's more than the top 10 place getters that get invited.

Massive rumour circulating is that Parkside are not going to Div 1. They want to consolidate and build again in Div 2.

Merely a rumour and I'm sure it will be qualified either way
That's ridiculous, I think they were clearly the best team in div 2, and with money bags jumping on the wagon, Deer Park and Spotswood have apparently lost plenty of guns between them, I'm sure they would be very competitive in div 1.

That's ridiculous, I think they were clearly the best team in div 2, and with money bags jumping on the wagon, Deer Park and Spotswood have apparently lost plenty of guns between them, I'm sure they would be very competitive in div 1.

Who have spots wood and deer park lost?

Thoughts on tomorow nights eventual winner? Still not sure whom from which club is invited. However I'll take a stab.

Buttigeg (Parkside)
Buttigeg-Clarke (CS)
Kennedy (west)

Thoughts on tomorow nights eventual winner? Still not sure whom from which club is invited. However I'll take a stab.

Buttigeg (Parkside)
Buttigeg-Clarke (CS)
Kennedy (west)

Muratore (parkside) 25- well deserved great player in good team super consistent
Kennedy (wf) 22- best ruck in the comp polled well super year big part of wf success
Montague (ml) 18- again super consistent year core of their midfield & good skills
Buttigieg-Clarke (Cs) 16-freakish fwd leading goal kicker really improved Lakers down fwd
Buttigig (parkside) 15- great skills plenty of poise as expected good year & impressed many
Oshea (Wyndhamvale) 15- powerfull fwd huge year for the Falcons grabbed everything....
Licciardo (parkside) 14- 3 parkside in top 10 solid performer all year in a great on ball group
Nicoledies (Sh) 14- battled hard in a struggling team classy onballer who can use it well
Fonua (Wyndhamvale) 14- polled well strong big bodied on baller & great tackler
Caterino (Cs) 13- pacey onballer gives them speed on the outside can win it aswell
Ponzzuto (go) 12
Scudamore (go) 11
Heyde (ml) 11
Ellis (Wyndhamvale) 11
Graham (Wyndhamvale) 11
Paves (ml) 10
Trowsdale (wf) 10
Zangari (go) 9
Bray (wf) 8
Ryan (Cs) 8
That rounded out the top 20 congrats to chris Muratore premiership captain & deserving winner. Forwards polled suprisingly well no surprises many of the names expected, no Devils in the top 20 :( but their best players all missed chunks of the year..... Sorry for any spelling mistakes on players names

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Parkside today advertising for a new senior coach and request someone with the ability to "build a strong Division 1 club"

Any known player movements in the off season?
I heard parkside trying to pick up a couple of recruits in the league, guys who they think would improve them next year. But nothing confiirmed yet and are still looking to fill their coaching role after Nathan stepped down I understand. Apart from that I haven't heard much else, I believe most clubs at this stage have kept the majority of players. Only real rumours coming out of mamor lakes who may lose a few but don't know if their is any truth to this. In other news congrats to b&f winners!
Ml: 1st Montague (no suprise their standout onballer great year and can really win the footy)
runner up baker (solid year big part along with pavez of their midfield)

*will post any results I hear cheers

Last edited:
Div 3 b&f results
Braybrook: 1st Sidebottom 2nd Charenko 3rd Lao
Laverton: 1st Bell 2nd Mitchell 3rd lawry & mizzy

New to this site from RDFL but just putting it out there Lancefield in RDFL looking for a senior coach if anyone knows of any possibles or is interested contact the FOM through the website LFNC thanks

Other best and fairest results include no surprises in shaun Buttigieg-Clarke narrowly edging out Ryan in the Lakers b&f. A result that surprised a few was Sam Crea taking out gloenordens best and fairest just ahead of josh McDonald. In other results chris Graham took out the Falcons award and Michael Kennedy added to his growing trophy cabinet, Nicoledies eased his way to sunny heights top award. B & F rundowns posted below

Glenorden:
1st Crea: agile midfielder who can go forward and kick a goal
2nd McDonald: super talented kid dangerous half forward plays a bit on ball great left foot
3rd pozzuto: bigger bodied on baller provided the Hawks well in tight

Caroline springs
1st Buttigieg-Clarke: huge year for the talented fwd, great kick, pace & good set of hands
2nd Ryan: Quality on baller great skills and gets plenty of the ball
3rd Caterino: Pacey mid with plenty of talent along with ryan gives them plenty of drive through the midfield

Nth Footscray
1st Chugg: The Devils most consistent on baller good leader, won plenty of the ball for the devils all year
2nd Clonan: again really consistent year and a kid on the improve had some big roles & stood up
3rd Murphy: damaging on baller/ winger good skills however missed chunks of the year

Sunny Heights
1st Nicolaides: no surprises their best by a mile stood up all year without much help
2nd Dawson
3rd Stevens
*only saw them once so can't really comment on the other two

West footscray
1st Kennedy: another great year for the big ruck, huge part of them playing in the gf
2nd Trowsdale: pacey onballer really breaks the lines for the roosters good year & their best I'n the big dance
3rd Speaksman: consistent year really profited from Kennedy, good skills and won plenty of it

Wyndhamvale
1st Graham: no suprise excellent skills their go to mid and was tough for many teams to contain well deserved
2nd Oshea: along with Graham main part of their success outstanding year down fwd great hands
3rd Nyawela: good skills mainly played on the wing provided the Falcons with great spread

When do sides start back? Caroline starting tonight might be half a chance for a Chris Mew after big spring carnival

Is it true Caroline springs have signed wiggins after he walked out of sunshine
If there is any truth great get would be a monster in any forward line in this comp still think he has plenty to offer at division 1 level, think it would be hard to pry him away from sunshine however has pretty strong ties there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back