WRFL Division 2 - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

If there is any truth great get would be a monster in any forward line in this comp still think he has plenty to offer at division 1 level, think it would be hard to pry him away from sunshine however has pretty strong ties there.
Heard this rumour a long way out. Believe it is true. Roosters have signed three guys from Spotty, don't know their names, also heard Trevor Davies has stood down.

So who is early fav for flag you think? What do you guys think?

I hear Wests and Nths have both recruited very well and will be right up there.

Caroline Springs also apparently spent some cash so looks like a good year coming

Sunny heights lost heaps

Can Wundhamvale finally get over the hump they seem stuck on.

Think it will be a pretty competitive year although Wests are my early call for flag

Last edited:
So who is early fav for flag you think? What do you guys think?

I hear Wests and Nths have both recruited very well and will be right up there.

Caroline Springs also apparently spent some cash so looks like a good year coming

Sunny heights lost heaps

Can Wundhamvale finally get over the hump they seem stuck on.

Think it will be a pretty competitive year although Wests are my early call for flag

Who's has north and west picked up?

Who's has north and west picked up?
West from all reports picked up Mc Naulty from colts,Hennaman from St. Albans and a couple more
Yarraville have recruited 3 from St. Albans and a couple from ovens,Murray league
Buttergieg Clarke shopping himself around might be heading to Glenroy
Heights will finish last
Glenordan flag favourites look out they have recruited well

West from all reports picked up Mc Naulty from colts,Hennaman from St. Albans and a couple more
Yarraville have recruited 3 from St. Albans and a couple from ovens,Murray league
Buttergieg Clarke shopping himself around might be heading to Glenroy
Heights will finish last
Glenordan flag favourites look out they have recruited well

If those reports are right those two wouldn't of went there for cheap more money spent by west where is there money coming from?

Who has glen Orden recruited?

You wouldn't think the lakers would let go someone like Buttergieg Clarke without a fight

If Trevor Davies has stood down. Then who has the coaching gig? With the apparent signings of Mc Anaulty and Hennerman, could the new coach be
B. Jacobs?

Wyndhamvale have announced Troy Beamond as it's senior coach for 2015, who previously coached in the GFL.

Not so sure he ever coached in the GFL. He coached Portarlington in the Bellarine Football League in 2013. Good luck with it!!!!

any senior players looking for anew club in geelong gdfl key positon players chf or chb and a
2s coaching positon wanted

Gotta say this is my first year in the Wrfl and the level is much better than I expected

Looking forward to a really competitive 2015 and rapt I'm only 5 mins from my club and not drivin to gelling weekly :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good afternoon officer "Offseason Storm".

Almost all of the information that you have listed is incorrect. I will be happy to provide more specific answers if you are able to provide both your badge number and real name

Sorry gbf50. I don't get on here too often but l haven't heard an update on heights situation recently but l will say my info was 100% correct when l listed it on bigfooty. This is from an wrfl board member first hand verified by an official at your club!

Now hit the ground and give me 50 push-ups for telling lies....

Officer "Offseason Storm"

If those reports are right those two wouldn't of went there for cheap more money spent by west where is there money coming from?

Who has glen Orden recruited?

You wouldn't think the lakers would let go someone like Buttergieg Clarke without a fight
Shaun butters has signed at spotty!

Shaun butters has signed at spotty!
I heard this also and it has apparently been confirmed talented player and will help fill some of the void Cloke left. I'm Sure Lakers will be trying to fill the void with some recruiting & rejigging down fwd!
Any other news on recruiting front for any teams??

I heard this also and it has apparently been confirmed talented player and will help fill some of the void Cloke left. I'm Sure Lakers will be trying to fill the void with some recruiting & rejigging down fwd!

My understanding
Yarraville picked up harmes and a couple from tullamarine
West had 13 at training last Wednesday
Glenordan and Wyndamvale keeping there cards close to chests
Nth topped up with more from hoppers
Carro signed sharif and pace not sure which one with bell and sheppabottom ?
Will be very interesting year only 4 can play finals so some clubs will be disappointed with there investments if you finish outside 4

Don't know how he will go in DIV 1 tbh. To me I just can't see him being a Div 1 consistent performer even in a top side

Don't know how he will go in DIV 1 tbh. To me I just can't see him being a Div 1 consistent performer even in a top side
Probably a valid point he has his critics but from what I saw last year he sure has the talent but I suppose time will tell. Did anyone follow him over?
Moving on sherif Mohammed is a handy player I heard the lakers picked up

Glenorden have had a couple of senior players move on in scudamore, Zangari & a couple others but I am lead to believe they have picked up some handy country boys & are confident they should be there abouts again

The Falcons have managed to keep last years team together which is great news for them!

I haven't heard a lot regarding west maybe a few parkside boys going across any news on Damien yze? Has he signed on

Yarraville have managed to attract some Edfl players across harmes is a good get & they have been pretty active

No real news from sunny heights they lose a couple but no news of any signings as yet

Not much noise out of North footscray as yet

Manor lakes rumours are they lose a few senior guys and haven't heard anything regarding new recruits

We will get a better idea once clubs start up again after the break!
Merry Christmas

My understanding
Yarraville picked up harmes and a couple from tullamarine
West had 13 at training last Wednesday
Glenordan and Wyndamvale keeping there cards close to chests
Nth topped up with more from hoppers
Carro signed sharif and pace not sure which one with bell and sheppabottom ?
Will be very interesting year only 4 can play finals so some clubs will be disappointed with there investments if you finish outside 4
Being a laverton supporter I hope springers go for shepperbottom & keep they're hands of bell

Probably a valid point he has his critics but from what I saw last year he sure has the talent but I suppose time will tell. Did anyone follow him over?
Moving on sherif Mohammed is a handy player I heard the lakers picked up

Glenorden have had a couple of senior players move on in scudamore, Zangari & a couple others but I am lead to believe they have picked up some handy country boys & are confident they should be there abouts again

The Falcons have managed to keep last years team together which is great news for them!

I haven't heard a lot regarding west maybe a few parkside boys going across any news on Damien yze? Has he signed on

Yarraville have managed to attract some Edfl players across harmes is a good get & they have been pretty active

No real news from sunny heights they lose a couple but no news of any signings as yet

Not much noise out of North footscray as yet

Manor lakes rumours are they lose a few senior guys and haven't heard anything regarding new recruits

We will get a better idea once clubs start up again after the break!
Merry Christmas
Sheriff Mohamed massive get for springers

Being a laverton supporter I hope springers go for shepperbottom & keep they're hands of bell
I'll keep my ear to the ground but I'd be suprised if it eventuated bell is a lavo boy & plays socially with his mates he is one of the clubs better players. Many clubs are looking to recruit but I think what has shown to be successful is going and getting players competing at a higher level in like parkside last year. So from an outsider I think it would be unlikely to eventuate from both parties...

From what I have heard and seen think it will be a very close year at the top

Injuries may have a very big say in the final equation.

Don't write us off down at Manor we quietly going about our work digging out of the hole some put us in and then left

Very confident we will surprise many who are writing us off

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back