WRFL Division 2 - 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it a shame.
They won the reserves premiership last year so they should have two teams up and about this year.
Let the senior club fold and keep the juniors.
This way they can get back on their feet and re launch in a year or two.
Parksides issue was they have no juniors so the club would be Goooooonnnnnnnnnnnneeeeee

Why is it a shame.
They won the reserves premiership last year so they should have two teams up and about this year.
Let the senior club fold and keep the juniors.
This way they can get back on their feet and re launch in a year or two.
Parksides issue was they have no juniors so the club would be Goooooonnnnnnnnnnnneeeeee
Dont like to see any team go under but looking at what players they have played so far this year probably 5 left from 50 players that played last year .

Dont like to see any team go under but looking at what players they have played so far this year probably 5 left from 50 players that played last year .
Interesting 'Open letter' from league today on social media platforms regarding Wests plight. In it, the letter takes aim at players for deserting the club, supposedly due to money, which in my opinion is poor form from league officials.
No doubt the actions of some of these players is disappointing, but at what point do the Club, particularly their committee, and the league, need to take responsibility?? These were players who went to West on money, so surely the club knew what they were getting themselves in for. And then, as a club, how can they take pot shots at players who have left when they were not paid what they were contracted for? Also to be blaming the players seems to be an easy option, maybe the fact only 8-9 players remain out of 55 shows that not all was well at the club regardless of cash - as I am sure a lot of those guys would not have been paid players anyway.
My info last year was that the club was already behind in scheduled payments prior to clearances closing, and had already told league they wouldn't go up to Div 1 if they won the flag. Perhaps a well run club would have realised early they would not meet budget, and either try to renegotiate with players, or allow a couple to leave prior to June 30.
Players only sign for what $$ the club is prepared to offer them. Their own President admitted they spent over 100k each of the last 2 years, and yet they have an administrator on social media who constantly criticises other clubs recruiting, and his own players who have left. Perhaps before the league bails them out and tries to defend them, they should hold some people accountable.

Interesting 'Open letter' from league today on social media platforms regarding Wests plight. In it, the letter takes aim at players for deserting the club, supposedly due to money, which in my opinion is poor form from league officials.
No doubt the actions of some of these players is disappointing, but at what point do the Club, particularly their committee, and the league, need to take responsibility?? These were players who went to West on money, so surely the club knew what they were getting themselves in for. And then, as a club, how can they take pot shots at players who have left when they were not paid what they were contracted for? Also to be blaming the players seems to be an easy option, maybe the fact only 8-9 players remain out of 55 shows that not all was well at the club regardless of cash - as I am sure a lot of those guys would not have been paid players anyway.
My info last year was that the club was already behind in scheduled payments prior to clearances closing, and had already told league they wouldn't go up to Div 1 if they won the flag. Perhaps a well run club would have realised early they would not meet budget, and either try to renegotiate with players, or allow a couple to leave prior to June 30.
Players only sign for what $$ the club is prepared to offer them. Their own President admitted they spent over 100k each of the last 2 years, and yet they have an administrator on social media who constantly criticises other clubs recruiting, and his own players who have left. Perhaps before the league bails them out and tries to defend them, they should hold some people accountable.
Well said Nuffy. What can't be underestimated is what impact paying hacks overs has on the rest of the clubs trying to compete. Over inflated pay packets that inevitably can't be fulfilled, create a false expectation for those club hoppers offering up their services. So yes, West need to own up, shut up, and suck it up. They created this mess, they need to work their way out of it.

Well said Nuffy. What can't be underestimated is what impact paying hacks overs has on the rest of the clubs trying to compete. Over inflated pay packets that inevitably can't be fulfilled, create a false expectation for those club hoppers offering up their services. So yes, West need to own up, shut up, and suck it up. They created this mess, they need to work their way out of it.
Spot on.... What I don't get is people involved at clubs recruiting that don't do their "due diligence" and check players out for their background. Speak to previous clubs and ask what they were like as players/blokes... Have they got a pattern of 1 year at a club and move on... 3 clubs in 1 year (M Lindsey).... You reap what you sow...

Spot on.... What I don't get is people involved at clubs recruiting that don't do their "due diligence" and check players out for their background. Speak to previous clubs and ask what they were like as players/blokes... Have they got a pattern of 1 year at a club and move on... 3 clubs in 1 year (M Lindsey).... You reap what you sow...
Coaches who do deals within deals and then walk away leaving the committee owing money is a huge problem across the WRFL, no doubt this happened at West.

Coaches who do deals within deals and then walk away leaving the committee owing money is a huge problem across the WRFL, no doubt this happened at West.
West spent above what they could afford last 2 years in the hope they would win a flag and create increased interest in the place, therefore raising revenue to cover. It was a Risk that failed dismally.
Thus raising the question - "What price is your club willing to pay for success?". The current committee and the loyal people left behind at West deserve a pat on the back, if not for them the doors would be closed and no-one wants to see a local footy team fold.

This all comes back to $$$'s, which has been wrecking local footy for over a decade now.

WRFL Div 1 , all teams admit they can't compete with Deer Park - Why? , the answer is $$$
EDFL Premier - If Clubs don't spend north of $200k then guaranteed relegation. If you want to make the finals $250-$300k
EDFL Div 1 - Lower clubs spend $60k , higher Clubs $150 to $300k(Craigeburn) - For B Grade Footballers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NFL - $200K min if you want to make finals
EFL - Write your own cheque

The sooner they bring in a statewide comp(like the ammo's) where clubs can compete against other clubs on a fair playing ground the better

Hey guys, aren't you supposed to cop fines if you cannot field a reserves side? I know some clubs that had players playing 2 games most weeks or fill ins just helping out. This has been going on for years..
So my question is has the league allowed another rule policy to slide under the table. I'm not against West, just this league seems to be run by incompetent people who don't stand for anything..

Hey guys, aren't you supposed to cop fines if you cannot field a reserves side? I know some clubs that had players playing 2 games most weeks or fill ins just helping out. This has been going on for years..
So my question is has the league allowed another rule policy to slide under the table. I'm not against West, just this league seems to be run by incompetent people who don't stand for anything..
Very observant turbo
The whole league is bordering on disfunctional.they have money bags club growing stronger year on year all the while other clubs look for excuses instead of looking deep into their clubs on how to improve
Won't be long and it will be back to Two Divisions. Also I note that there are only 10 clubs with under 19s for two divisions
Laughable
Based on the under 19 gulf of clubs Under the pps how do the clubs in the WRFL have room to improve in the future
Money bags laughing all the way

Been 2 rounds of football, Not one mention of the football that has been played... It is West Footscray fault they are in the position they are in, move on, no point sooking about them and other clubs on here, why not talk about the footy, Caroline Springs looked good against a poor Manor Lakes and North Footscray are flag favs, they play eachother this week... who wins? Caroline on ball is impressive and forwards just as good. North strong as well?

Very observant turbo
The whole league is bordering on disfunctional.they have money bags club growing stronger year on year all the while other clubs look for excuses instead of looking deep into their clubs on how to improve
Won't be long and it will be back to Two Divisions. Also I note that there are only 10 clubs with under 19s for two divisions
Laughable
Based on the under 19 gulf of clubs Under the pps how do the clubs in the WRFL have room to improve in the future
Money bags laughing all the way

Yes mate true. Deer Park recruited 2 players from Hillside in the EDFL and they both played in their u/19 side on Saturday. However both played seniors last year in EDFL div1 so Deer Park just stockpiling younger players which IMO is a bit ordinary. From what I know both were paid to move across and probably getting paid to play u/19s as can't get a game in the seniors. What an absolute joke!!!And the u/19s got beat by Spotty. So what does that say. The senior comp is ruined and sooner or later the u/19 comp will be dominated by Deer Park so that also will be a shambles.
I hear they "could" be paying some u/16s recruits as well. There is no ceiling. Lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was but then they let Parkside be helped out when they didn't deserve it and would have done the same with West if they had of complained about their predicament earlier in the off season.
True , but Parkside were never in strife , west on the other hand are in the s**t , and yes only got themselves to blame but teams can't win without spending money unfortunately it's just how the game is going , it's a vicious cycle that's not going to end anytime soon

There's always going to be a financial factor to football. But do these clubs even interview players, they must use some due diligence, not all clubs are having these problems because they attract the right kind of players and do their research into the type of players they want, which obviously leads to the type of club they get.

Ando what are your thoughts on the Eagles win over Caro away, given you expected them to get done by 50 points? Have you over rated Caro and your mob?
Great win by eagles but on what you lost last season in players with 3 of the top 8 goalkickers Boyce Harmes and Hillsdon plus your ruckman Guest and midfielder Anderson leaving and with CS picking up Lake and Sutton and others just thought playing at there home ground they would be too strong.......anyway I was wrong

Great win by eagles but on what you lost last season in players with 3 of the top 8 goalkickers Boyce Harmes and Hillsdon plus your ruckman Guest and midfielder Anderson leaving and with CS picking up Lake and Sutton and others just thought playing at there home ground they would be too strong.......anyway I was wrong
Wasn't there today Ando, but going by the score, you're boys now look like clear favourites. Also heard the Falcon was resurrected and seen strutting along the boundary line at Whitten oval like a peacock, albeit a very plump one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back