WRFL Division 2 - 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think for what it's worth you are spot on. I believe that Div 1 will stay as is for another year, the 8 sides you mentioned will make up Div 2, and Glenorden into Div 3 will replace Parkside, and leave that Division with 8 teams also. Leaves the WRFL with 10-8-8 which is an ideal number, not necessarily manageable, but that is for the Clubs to get their governance right. At least with those numbers, we can then hope to see a proper Delegation/Relegation come into play for Season 2019.
Bang On Coach! In bed with a Quack?

http://websites.sportstg.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=1-25-0-0-0&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=60334617

I see a few clubs have been working hard in the off season with their recruiting.

Norths are cranking it up, I see Parkside have wasted no time in strengthening their list (although wondering is Privitera's signing due to Cloke moving on?), Point Cook has been busy, as you would expect, but who else has been having a crack?

Anyone heard anything?

I see a few clubs have been working hard in the off season with their recruiting.

Norths are cranking it up, I see Parkside have wasted no time in strengthening their list (although wondering is Privitera's signing due to Cloke moving on?), Point Cook has been busy, as you would expect, but who else has been having a crack?

Anyone heard anything?

Looks like Albanvale are recruiting a fair bit, particularly from the Wyndham Suns. Any reason why there's quite a few from WS leaving?

Point Cook and North Footscray appear to have a few, ditto Manor Lakes and Parkside.

Not much from Yarraville and some of the others.

Looks like Albanvale are recruiting a fair bit, particularly from the Wyndham Suns. Any reason why there's quite a few from WS leaving?

Point Cook and North Footscray appear to have a few, ditto Manor Lakes and Parkside.

Not much from Yarraville and some of the others.
I heard early on that there was not as much cash to go around this year, but everyone not in the know (I am one of those) says that every year after a side has gone alright the previous year. Personally, I'd suggest there may be a few hanging them up, there was a few older blokes there last year. Maybe the blokes who are headed off to Albanvale are just looking to play at a higher level, and maybe earn a few extra bucks.

Interesting to see how the top 4 clubs recruit along with Parkside.
CAN'T see the comp having the winner stay down another year.

Should be a few movements one would think.
Has Newport replaced there coach if he has left?

Ziggy Kadour is the new senior coach, some young boys are set to sign up comming down from div 1. Also macca and mozza are back in the power colours...

I heard early on that there was not as much cash to go around this year, but everyone not in the know (I am one of those) says that every year after a side has gone alright the previous year. Personally, I'd suggest there may be a few hanging them up, there was a few older blokes there last year. Maybe the blokes who are headed off to Albanvale are just looking to play at a higher level, and maybe earn a few extra bucks.
Albanvale seem to be recruiting hard to move off the bottom of the Reserves Ladder after winning only 2 games in 2017. If you actually do some research on the players moving to Albanvale you'll find the majority are Reserves Players from Division 3 or from other Leagues who's clubs Reserves sides also struggled to win games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shake of the head stuff. Poor form from those players.

I guess J Cloke is more a gun for hire and went there to help a mate and did his part in getting them a premiership. He would have been upfront with them and they would have known him leaving was a possibility. But why did Dorward move? Usually after a premiership most stay on and he has moved to play a similar standard of footy although div1 edfl is higher than div2 WRFL.

I guess J Cloke is more a gun for hire and went there to help a mate and did his part in getting them a premiership. He would have been upfront with them and they would have known him leaving was a possibility. But why did Dorward move? Usually after a premiership most stay on and he has moved to play a similar standard of footy although div1 edfl is higher than div2 WRFL.
Dorward was promised the 2018 position prior to 2017 and is filthy that Muratore got the nod before himself. More walk outs to come

Brother in laws turbo just read article in local paper

Big Rumour Wayde Skipper signed and playing at Point Cook for 2018...must be throwing the cash around

A good question to ask is how they can afford to 'throw the cash' around. Simple answer, good management going back to when they started. 2 of the bigger clubs in the league are Point Cook & Caroline Springs and both clubs started around 15 years ago and unlike the recently new clubs (Manor Lakes, SLakes, Tarneit, Wyndham Suns) they started with Juniors only and introduced Seniors about 5/6 years later. This put them in a better financial position and allowed them to give their juniors a pathway to the Seniors. Maybe something for any new club entering the competition to think about

Last edited:
A good question to ask is how they can afford to 'throw the cash' around. Simple answer, good management going back to when they started. 2 of the bigger clubs in the league are Point Cook & Caroline Springs and both clubs started around 15 years ago and unlike the recently new clubs (Manor Lakes, SLakes, Tarneit, Wyndham Suns) they started with Juniors only and introduced Seniors about 5/6 years later. This put them in a better financial position and allowed them to give their juniors a pathway to the Seniors. Maybe something for any new club entering the completion to think about

Great answer trucka.

Some vital contributions by people past and present have the club ready to take the next step. But the way Wardy, Goughy, Macca etc set the joint up very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back