WRFL Division 2 - 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With most teams back already and some starting this week, are there ANY post-Christmas developments in this division? over a month since the last post on here, is this the most irrelevant division in vic metro?

Most irrelevant league in vic metro, just a wasteland. No point winning a flag as either club go up and get thumped or can't be bothered going up.

So how are teams faring, who is the favourite to win the flag and why (and do they go up in 2019?) and any practice matches for me to go watch. Bored with cricket already

Pt ck flag fav for mine
What makes you say that Marnie?
North and Manor to play off in GF with North winning by 12 goals.
Then maybe they will go up.
Doubtful but we will see
Don’t expect any other team to get within cooooooooeeeeeeeee of these 2

Wow ML must’ve picked up a whole new side based on last year.
And who cares about Norf!!
2 irrelevant clubs taking up everyone’s time.

Wow ML must’ve picked up a whole new side based on last year.
And who cares about Norf!!
2 irrelevant clubs taking up everyone’s time.
I think Manor Lakes will improve a bit remembering they played off In The Prelim last year. I think they will take the next step this year and make the big dance.
Still think North will easily account for them. Haven’t lost anyone really of note and picked up some decent recruits.
Think Yarraville will drop off significantly and don’t think any other teams will bridge the gap from last years top 3.
Logic puts ML and North there at the end of the year and as I said I think North will win fairly comfortably.
What makes them insignificant and time wasters?
They are doing the same as every other club.
Trying their best to win a flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Manor Lakes will improve a bit remembering they played off In The Prelim last year. I think they will take the next step this year and make the big dance.
Still think North will easily account for them. Haven’t lost anyone really of note and picked up some decent recruits.
Think Yarraville will drop off significantly and don’t think any other teams will bridge the gap from last years top 3.
Logic puts ML and North there at the end of the year and as I said I think North will win fairly comfortably.

The best thing about North is they know where they belong. Happy to be in the best couple of sides in Div 2, they know going to Div 1 has zero benefit for the club. Be interesting to see how Newport and Parkside go, Newport self destructed back half of last season and Parkside are Parkside if they didn't think they could be top 4 they would have stayed in Div 3.

I think North loosing there B&F winner to Point Cook & Green to Manor lakes might bridge the gap a bit.

I think North loosing there B&F winner to Point Cook & Green to Manor lakes might bridge the gap a bit.
Think Parkside and Newport will make up the 4 with ML and North a fair way in front of them though.
I know North lost a couple, just saying I think they have more than compensated for the losses with recruits and think they may well even be better this year.
Can’t wait for the season to start so we can see how it will start to play out.
Praccy matches to start soon.
Any games worth watching?

Think Parkside and Newport will make up the 4 with ML and North a fair way in front of them though.
I know North lost a couple, just saying I think they have more than compensated for the losses with recruits and think they may well even be better this year.
Can’t wait for the season to start so we can see how it will start to play out.
Praccy matches to start soon.
Any games worth watching?
Sorry mate, this is the Div 2 forum not Div 3 .... Newport & Parkside, give me a spell.

Point Cook, & Norf the ones to beat.

Sorry mate, this is the Div 2 forum not Div 3 .... Newport & Parkside, give me a spell.

There isn't a big gap between top 3 Div 3 clubs and Div 2 clubs last year outside the top two. Parkside and Tarneit would have finished top 4 last year in div 2 ahead of Manor Lakes and whoever finished 4th.

The top 2 from last year and Point Cook will be top 3 div 2, 4th spot ML or Parkside.

There isn't a big gap between top 3 Div 3 clubs and Div 2 clubs last year outside the top two. Parkside and Tarneit would have finished top 4 last year in div 2 ahead of Manor Lakes and whoever finished 4th.

The top 2 from last year and Point Cook will be top 3 div 2, 4th spot ML or Parkside.

Seen Div 3 & Div 2 Finals last season, Think Tarneit & Parkside would have been no certainty to make top 4 in Div 2.

Nor

north yes.
Point Cook won’t play finals this year. Expect them to be competitive which would be a tick first year in.
One player, even as good as Skipper, doesn’t warrant them for the top 2.
Think they will take this season to find there feet.
Expecting them to finish the season off strongly after adapting a bit.
But still don’t think they will play finals.
I think Newport will go ok this year. We’re not that far away last year and were competitive for most of the season.
I really don’t think it matters who makes up the 4 as I truly believe it is already a 2 horse race between ML and North.
With North accounting for them easily.
Expecting to see some huge margins again this year.

Nor

north yes.
Point Cook won’t play finals this year. Expect them to be competitive which would be a tick first year in.
One player, even as good as Skipper, doesn’t warrant them for the top 2.
Think they will take this season to find there feet.
Expecting them to finish the season off strongly after adapting a bit.
But still don’t think they will play finals.

Not sure why you think they will take this season to find there feet. Not as if they are a new team. Current coach & majority of players been together for 4 years. Most of senior players apparently going around again & have addition of 6 or so new players added to squad. You can say WRFL is a 'tougher' league but VAFA would appear to be quicker

Not sure why you think they will take this season to find there feet. Not as if they are a new team. Current coach & majority of players been together for 4 years. Most of senior players apparently going around again & have addition of 6 or so new players added to squad. You can say WRFL is a 'tougher' league but VAFA would appear to be quicker[/QUOTE
By find there feet meant adapt to the different styles in leagues.
That’s why I think they might finish off the season strong when they are used to the stlyle of WRFL. Only my opinion.
And with the exception of Lampi and Skipper, don’t think many of there new players Will be great value.
Again only opinion

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. Just don't think Lampi & Skipper are the only value players they have picked up (although are above the others). A former B&F & Div 2 Premiership player, several Div 1 Reserves premierships players & a player from the bush may also add value to an already decent list.
Yes, the WRFL style is different, but the lower divisions of VAFA certainly are not tame

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. Just don't think Lampi & Skipper are the only value players they have picked up (although are above the others). A former B&F & Div 2 Premiership player, several Div 1 Reserves premierships players & a player from the bush may also add value to an already decent list.
Yes, the WRFL style is different, but the lower divisions of VAFA certainly are not tame
Geez lampi and co would be licking their lips having skipper in the ruck. Won't lose a a ruck contest all year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back