WRFL Division 2 - 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are certainly entitled to your opinion. Just don't think Lampi & Skipper are the only value players they have picked up (although are above the others). A former B&F & Div 2 Premiership player, several Div 1 Reserves premierships players & a player from the bush may also add value to an already decent list.
Yes, the WRFL style is different, but the lower divisions of VAFA certainly are not tame
Not sure who the player from the bush is so can’t comment.
Out of the Div 1 reserves, probably only 1 will play seniors regularly.
And from all reports the b+f winner from North can’t get through training and isn’t playing.
This is what I have heard from numerous people.
So with all that in mind they have really in picked up 2 quality recruits. 3 at best.
Not that it really matters as the cup is already heading back to North.
And yes Skipper will dominate the ruck, they just won’t have the help around him.
Not enough to push the top teams anyway.

Nor

north yes.
Point Cook won’t play finals this year. Expect them to be competitive which would be a tick first year in.
One player, even as good as Skipper, doesn’t warrant them for the top 2.
Think they will take this season to find there feet.
Expecting them to finish the season off strongly after adapting a bit.
But still don’t think they will play finals.
I think Newport will go ok this year. We’re not that far away last year and were competitive for most of the season.
I really don’t think it matters who makes up the 4 as I truly believe it is already a 2 horse race between ML and North.
With North accounting for them easily.
Expecting to see some huge margins again this year.

If Nth Foots win it again surely the WRFL will enforce they go up to div1, otherwise this league might as well try and merge with another league run by the correct people. Ando I know you guys don’t want to go up but if you were to win it 2 years in a row surely you must go up..

Lol the old heard on the grapevine must be true argument.
When grapes on that grapevine are actually Point Cook people then yes, I would assume it’s pretty accurate.
And if North win it again they would have to go up.
Otherwise teams will just go out spending small fortunes to win div 2 flags with no intention of going up which just destroys the concept for the teams that actually want to have a crack at div 1 footy.

Should be a rule that if you win the Div2 premiership you have to go down to D3 to rebuild...
The issues with a number of clubs is they build to win a flag adding players, by the time they win the flag the players are at the back end of career and don't really want to go up a division. You really need a strong junior program or a big cheque book to be able to go up.

The issues with a number of clubs is they build to win a flag adding players, by the time they win the flag the players are at the back end of career and don't really want to go up a division. You really need a strong junior program or a big cheque book to be able to go up.
Or recruit the right blokes

When grapes on that grapevine are actually Point Cook people then yes, I would assume it’s pretty accurate.
And if North win it again they would have to go up.
Otherwise teams will just go out spending small fortunes to win div 2 flags with no intention of going up which just destroys the concept for the teams that actually want to have a crack at div 1 footy.
I thought that was a rule in the WRFL, win two in a row and have to go up. Altona won 2 in a row and then went up, number of years ago, North Sunny were bottom in Div 1 for those two years, I think.

I thought that was a rule in the WRFL, win two in a row and have to go up. Altona won 2 in a row and then went up, number of years ago, North Sunny were bottom in Div 1 for those two years, I think.

Be interesting to see what the rule is in regards to promotion relegation, my understanding is Premier up bottom down, but this is now dependent on the premier wanting to go up. Really WRFL should get rid of Div 1 relegation, have a Div 1 that is on application and the club needs to meet certain criteria. This should include financial, min Juniors sides, would love to add U19s but will really limit the number of sides.

Came across Yarraville v Williamstown CYMS near home at Altona green, might be a long year for Yarraville as Williamstown looked to be running all over them, don’t know what the score was but it looked to be one sided

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Came across Yarraville v Williamstown CYMS near home at Altona green, might be a long year for Yarraville as Williamstown looked to be running all over them, don’t know what the score was but it looked to be one sided
Williamstown would be a reasonable div 1 side though, so wouldnt look too much into it

Hi
VAFA website shows an U19 Williamstown CYMS game for today. Was it an U19 game or seniors/reserves?

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back