WRFL Division 2 - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be interesting to see how Manor Lakes go next season. They’ve lost Yeoell, Henley, Redfern and Shell so far confirmed. Gained Lawson x2 and Reece Miles so far that I know of that are quality. Definitely adds to the midfield to help out Montague.

Still lacking a genuine Ruck and need to fill out the backline with the huge losses of Henley and Yeoell.

They messed up last year by trying to play Shell in the ruck when he should’ve been playing FF instead of Priest.

Could be floating around mid table again.

Will be interesting to see how Manor Lakes go next season. They’ve lost Yeoell, Henley, Redfern and Shell so far confirmed. Gained Lawson x2 and Reece Miles so far that I know of that are quality. Definitely adds to the midfield to help out Montague.

Still lacking a genuine Ruck and need to fill out the backline with the huge losses of Henley and Yeoell.

They messed up last year by trying to play Shell in the ruck when he should’ve been playing FF instead of Priest.

I reckon Manor Lakes are happy to be mid table pushing for a top 4 spot, that is where they are at, Yarraville and Wyndhamvale will be hard to beat, Parkside will be better, it will be between North Footscray and Manor Lakes for that 4th spot. Wests will be better, I reckon PCC and Newport will be fighting it out to avoid relegation.

I hear that Werribee Districts are pushing to get Henley.
Do you rate him, bit of a step up from Div 2 to 1

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

henley is good. often had to play on players that were a bit to big for him but he would always battle hard. he will be good at werribee takes the game on always backs himself and wont have to play on the bigger players.

Henley has the ability to play at an even higher level, the kid is a great backman, regardless about how many times the ball would come in he would do the job.

Very quick and you old school type of defender.

henley is good. often had to play on players that were a bit to big for him but he would always battle hard. he will be good at werribee takes the game on always backs himself and wont have to play on the bigger players.

Wouldn’t say he’s a player who backs himself and takes the game on.
I know he enjoys playing on the bigger players and has no problem beating them too.
He’ll be surprise to many in Div1
But nothing will surprise anyone who has seen him play week in week out or actually played with him.

Redfern and Shell won’t be any big loss, considering they were both injured most of the year it’s not something they will miss, don’t let games played fool you.
Both got injured early in more than a few occasions.

As for Shell to be played down at FF instead of Priest, Priest was actually played further up the ground early in the year and a change in coach put him back to FF where he should stay.

Kicked 28 goals in 7 games after the change in coach, compared to 4 goals in 5 games.
Should never leave the 50

Redfern and Shell won’t be any big loss, considering they were both injured most of the year it’s not something they will miss, don’t let games played fool you.
Both got injured early in more than a few occasions.

As for Shell to be played down at FF instead of Priest, Priest was actually played further up the ground early in the year and a change in coach put him back to FF where he should stay.

Kicked 28 goals in 7 games after the change in coach, compared to 4 goals in 5 games.
Should never leave the 50

Should never leave the 50 at midday until he decides to stop taking the piss and get fit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Overheard on weekend a local inner west clubs sponsorship in doubt regarding a appointment they have made recently

Tease!!!

Let's see, inner west in div 2, probably out of Parkside, Norths, Wests or Eagles. Will have to go through the BF and Facebook posts to see if anybody controversial has been appointed. Although, the tom-toms have been strangely silent out of the Eagle's nest. Maybe it's an appointment that nobody knows about?

I know some people weren't happy about some of the recruitment at other clubs but wouldn't think it would affect sponsorship.

Maybe JG can put us out of our hopping-from-foot-to-foot misery with more clues :p

Thanks Marty, guess that rules Shane Keogh out of any possible role at the club. But seriously, it's a strange move by the Devils, and if I was the senior coach I'd be looking over my shoulder very nervously.

Thanks Marty, guess that rules Shane Keogh out of any possible role at the club. But seriously, it's a strange move by the Devils, and if I was the senior coach I'd be looking over my shoulder very nervously.
I believe Keogh has been trying to find RR for a whilst now...
won’t be to hard now

F troop too quiet.JPEG

Is this the most sedate and sensible div in WRFL?? Three pages of posts compared to 40 bizillion in divs 1 and 3!! Or is everybody just holiday hibernating 😁😁?

Has the WRFL definitively stated which of the new AFL rules they're going to use? Can't see anything on the web page.

Do you think the conniptions in div 1 are going to affect 2019 div 2?

View attachment 600876

Is this the most sedate and sensible div in WRFL?? Three pages of posts compared to 40 bizillion in divs 1 and 3!! Or is everybody just holiday hibernating 😁😁?

Has the WRFL definitively stated which of the new AFL rules they're going to use? Can't see anything on the web page.

Do you think the conniptions in div 1 are going to affect 2019 div 2?

Maybe a few clubs become beneficiaries of players who suddenly become available through clubs in D1 realising their cap is full?

Maybe a few clubs become beneficiaries of players who suddenly become available through clubs in D1 realising their cap is full?

Just wondering if there may be whollus-bollus movement of teams if disciplinary action is tough? Too late in the piece to move teams up to fill gaps?

Any word of any new rules for WRFL yet? EDFL are talking about a blue card.

"A blue card will be used as a calm down card where a player is being over aggressive or agitated. Will be used usually where a players infringement may not warrant a send off but deserves some action taken. They will be sent off for 10 mins not including breaks, they can be replaced during this time. Two blue cards during the game for the same player will enact a yellow card."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back