WRFL Division 2 - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s always a lovely day when the Newport team has the spit going. Lovely people who are very welcoming... do not believe everything you read, they are awesome.

Interesting to see how they fare football wise though, heard they’ve picked up some solid boys and are primed to have a few of the younger lads burst through. Their bnf winner Malek is one to watch this season.

I second this. Great Club Newport.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

ROUND 1 TIPS

NP by 2 goals over PS (NP will play Langshaws well. The New Fortress. Feel that PS haven't improved enough this off season. Hot rivalry)
NF by 5 goals over ML (NF to recapture the 2017 form. ML to underachieve again)
YSE by 5 goals over WV (YSE should be untouchable this year. A hot rivalry between these two come the pointy end)
PCC by 5 goals over WF (PCC will compete. Deserve to be in this division. WF may be sweating again in August.)

ROUND 1 TIPS

NP by 2 goals over PS (NP will play Langshaws well. The New Fortress. Feel that PS haven't improved enough this off season. Hot rivalry)
NF by 5 goals over ML (NF to recapture the 2017 form. ML to underachieve again)
YSE by 5 goals over WV (YSE should be untouchable this year. A hot rivalry between these two come the pointy end)
PCC by 5 goals over WF (PCC will compete. Deserve to be in this division. WF may be sweating again in August.)

PS by 3 goals over NP
ML by 5 goals over NF. ML mids too good
WV by 5 goals over YSE. WV has stronger list than last year in Div 1. Moreland best player in all WRFL
PCC by 8 goals over WF.

Some interesting results. Goal fest bw north foots and manor lakes seemed a ripper game.

Parkside played Newport off the park. Absolutely terrifying pressure and elite movement. Newport will bounce back, they were undermanned today

Looks like we have a new contender , Whyndamvale, great win over YSE. Parkside look like to be up and about as well. Well done PCC ,their slotting in quite nicely in DIV 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anybody any thoughts on the YSE/PCC game today. My informant told me the YSE side seemed a bit disjointed and some of the players were out of their normal positions so play was a bit chaotic. Four changes to their side too I see.

Wouldn’t say the league is all smiles! Every week atm they have 2 teams in div 1 playing that are either loosing by 40 goals or winning by what could almost be labelled as blatently cheating? Atleast this division is running smoothly hence why this thread has been dead! Hahah

Wouldn’t say the league is all smiles! Every week atm they have 2 teams in div 1 playing that are either loosing by 40 goals or winning by what could almost be labelled as blatently cheating? Atleast this division is running smoothly hence why this thread has been dead! Hahah

Gotta agree with you. WRFL is in a hard place at the moment. If you win the div 2 premiership why would you want to be promoted??? You'd have to increase your fund raising by four/five times to play on a level field and then you'd have to put up with the antics of some other teams. I'm sorry but this mess needs firm resolve and hard actions and, from what I can see, I don't see it happening soon.

If you are a Div 1 club or top table Div 2 you would be trying to get the Salary cap down to $150K, a club like Deer Park would lose interest in the competition and means the cap isn't that much from a Div 2 going up assuming most top teams would be paying 70-90K.

Who wins tomorrow Point cook look good and at home i think they can get the job done. Point cook by around 3 goals for me.

Ok, the Eagles, why have the wheels fallen off their little red wagon? They seemed to have lots of in's this year compared to last year and normally that would be a signal that the standard was going to improve. I watched one game and it just didn't work, a bit disjointed. Losses seem to be close in low scoring games. Any sensible ideas?

Ok, the Eagles, why have the wheels fallen off their little red wagon? They seemed to have lots of in's this year compared to last year and normally that would be a signal that the standard was going to improve. I watched one game and it just didn't work, a bit disjointed. Losses seem to be close in low scoring games. Any sensible ideas?

Played a very hungry team who hit the contest hard all game. Great game vs Newport and the atmosphere was sensational.... great for div 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back