WRFL Division 2 - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Was talking to a bloke who has a bit to do with Manor Lakes yesterday. He was saying that they’re “confident” of fielding senior teams in division 2 (not 3) next season.

I was talking to an ex player over the weekend. He said he wasn't confident they will get a team up. Players are stilled owed money, big sponsor not paying sponsorship deal.

I was talking to an ex player over the weekend. He said he wasn't confident they will get a team up. Players are stilled owed money, big sponsor not paying sponsorship deal.
Wonder if that is the Hoppers Club, a venue like that doesn't sponsor a Junior club, they want a couple of functions at the venue as well. No senior Men all of the sudden your Ball and Presentation night drops to 30-40 people with only senior women.

I've heard most players that went to other clubs to play in the seniors have committed to the club they went to, so even if they get back you aren't going div 2.

The person i spoke to advised that they are still catching up on the payments promised from 2013 ...

Last edited:
Club won’t get back up. Majority of their senior players already signed elsewhere.

Wonder if that is the Hoppers Club, a venue like that doesn't sponsor a Junior club, they want a couple of functions at the venue as well. No senior Men all of the sudden your Ball and Presentation night drops to 30-40 people with only senior women.

I've heard most players that went to other clubs to play in the seniors have committed to the club they went to, so even if they get back you aren't going div 2.

Correct Hoppers Club didnt pay their sponsorship and to make it worse a manager of hoppers club was on their executive committee. What the hoppers club owe in sponsorship is what the players are owed, according to my source at the club.

Manor lakes wont field a senior side in 2020, they are concentrating on the juniors and womens football.
This is 100% certain.

Correct Hoppers Club didnt pay their sponsorship and to make it worse a manager of hoppers club was on their executive committee. What the hoppers club owe in sponsorship is what the players are owed, according to my source at the club.

Manor lakes wont field a senior side in 2020, they are concentrating on the juniors and womens football.
This is 100% certain.

Manor Lakes owe a lot more than that. Still paying debts from year one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is 100% certain.
I've heard that a Div 1 club entering into Seniors Womens Footy are out there trying to poach players from Manor Lakes and surrounding clubs offering free fees and other incentives. I hope Manor Lakes can keep there Senior Women together one of the first clubs to embrace it with only a few others now all other clubs want a piece of it and the existing clubs will struggle. The only reason the big clubs want senior Female footy is for facility upgrades and getting access to more grants

I've heard that a Div 1 club entering into Seniors Womens Footy are out there trying to poach players from Manor Lakes and surrounding clubs offering free fees and other incentives. I hope Manor Lakes can keep there Senior Women together one of the first clubs to embrace it with only a few others now all other clubs want a piece of it and the existing clubs will struggle. The only reason the big clubs want senior Female footy is for facility upgrades and getting access to more grants

Or maybe because there’s some interest these days due to AFLW, etc... maybe.

Women’s participation in sport is an attractive fundraiser. The opportunities are incredible, not just facility upgrades but grants, funding, etc.

Or maybe because there’s some interest these days due to AFLW, etc... maybe.

Women’s participation in sport is an attractive fundraiser. The opportunities are incredible, not just facility upgrades but grants, funding, etc.

If manor lakes committee have ruined that place so well, that they lose the women's team, they might as well close the doors.

Operate whatever juniors are going to play, bank some coin for 10 years and then have a look at it when those kids are nearing senior footy.

If manor lakes committee have ruined that place so well, that they lose the women's team, they might as well close the doors.

Operate whatever juniors are going to play, bank some coin for 10 years and then have a look at it when those kids are nearing senior footy.

10 years is a long time....

so what went wrong with Manor Lakes?

Ran it like a barn and not a business
Surely no committee will carry that debt for 10 years, you would have thought the committee cut there losses dont pay players for 2 years or however long it takes or till it's at least manageable, clear the debt and go again. You will take some beatings and get relegated, but will come out the other side a better and stronger club.

You will also find which playees really want to be at the club both in player personnel and support staff/committee.

Surely no committee will carry that debt for 10 years, you would have thought the committee cut there losses dont pay players for 2 years or however long it takes or till it's at least manageable, clear the debt and go again. You will take some beatings and get relegated, but will come out the other side a better and stronger club.

You will also find which playees really want to be at the club both in player personnel and support staff/committee.
Get rid of seniors, you don't need them biggest cash, junior parents don't give a stuff if your have seniors or not. Manor Lakes should be in no hurry to put seniors back on the park, just wait 3-4 years for other clubs around them to go through the same and have your juniors right up to U18s.

If they lose senior women no big deal, will be a shame and you hope they don't but if they do you just focus on becoming a good junior club, with out doubt you will bank 10 odd K per season less stress on a committee.

Get rid of seniors, you don't need them biggest cash, junior parents don't give a stuff if your have seniors or not. Manor Lakes should be in no hurry to put seniors back on the park, just wait 3-4 years for other clubs around them to go through the same and have your juniors right up to U18s.

If they lose senior women no big deal, will be a shame and you hope they don't but if they do you just focus on becoming a good junior club, with out doubt you will bank 10 odd K per season less stress on a committee.
It's how they should have started

It's how they should have started
It's how all the new clubs should have started, the pressure on clubs from the WRFL to get seniors up was massive, WRFL wanted 3 divisions. This then over inflated player wages, great to be a player these days you have so many choices for clubs, even an average player can get 150-300 a game these days.

A big 2020 is coming and it’ll be a really competitive season! I believe Newport has been scouting and is going all out in 2020!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back