WRFL Division 2 - 2021

Turbos mail

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Turbo what you think??
No idea to be honest mate. Can they stop Campbell as this guy is taking the pi## playing Div2 WRFL. Very good player and leader.
All I’m hearing is Parkside look the side to beat however just hope they have a plan long term to survive if they go up. No juniors don’t help but they have an alignment with Ascot Vale I believe, so that’s a positive.

#thebont4

Team Captain
Sep 21, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
No idea to be honest mate. Can they stop Campbell as this guy is taking the pi## playing Div2 WRFL. Very good player and leader.
All I’m hearing is Parkside look the side to beat however just hope they have a plan long term to survive if they go up. No juniors don’t help but they have an alignment with Ascot Vale I believe, so that’s a positive.
Any back ground on Campbell turbo?

After watching Newport dismantle North on the weekend it will be a great game when they play Parkside in a few weeks time.

Still a bunch of thugs.
Punching players on the deck, kicking in the rucks and elbowing and swinging arms.

Don't need that stuff in the game.

doggies#08

Draftee
Apr 12, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
bushrangers
Still a bunch of thugs.
Punching players on the deck, kicking in the rucks and elbowing and swinging arms.

Don't need that stuff in the game.
Absolute ripper game of footy to watch today! Newport were on top early, Parkside managed to run out the game a little bit better though... Newport definitely made them earn it though.. in reply to the comment above though for Newport I’d say the game was played in good spirits 😬😬😬 but you can see why the ”Newport junior football club“ don’t want a thing to do with the Newport senior football club... everyone loves watching local footy, big crowds, good atmosphere and banter from over the fence is definitely part of that! Having 20-30 odd blokes yelling things like “you ******* mutt campaigner” “you better watch your back you ******* dog“... then a hole a game can get played out with that sort of stuff, every second word was either * or campaigner and not one person on that clubs committee goes over and says anything...

Absolute ripper game of footy to watch today! Newport were on top early, Parkside managed to run out the game a little bit better though... Newport definitely made them earn it though.. in reply to the comment above though for Newport I’d say the game was played in good spirits 😬😬😬 but you can see why the ”Newport junior football club“ don’t want a thing to do with the Newport senior football club... everyone loves watching local footy, big crowds, good atmosphere and banter from over the fence is definitely part of that! Having 20-30 odd blokes yelling things like “you ******* mutt campaigner” “you better watch your back you ******* dog“... then a hole a game can get played out with that sort of stuff, every second word was either fu** or campaigner and not one person on that clubs committee goes over and says anything...

Who do you go to watch mate as I have a few stories I can tell you that’ll knock your socks off.

Also Newport Power and Newport (whatever) Seniors have nothing to do with each other, the Altona North Newport was dead after 2 seasons as the Power no longer wanted them at their ground after 2018. 2019 sat idle, 2020 covid moved to Langshaws and started the new side, 2021 first season.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Absolute ripper game of footy to watch today! Newport were on top early, Parkside managed to run out the game a little bit better though... Newport definitely made them earn it though.. in reply to the comment above though for Newport I’d say the game was played in good spirits 😬😬😬 but you can see why the ”Newport junior football club“ don’t want a thing to do with the Newport senior football club... everyone loves watching local footy, big crowds, good atmosphere and banter from over the fence is definitely part of that! Having 20-30 odd blokes yelling things like “you ******* mutt campaigner” “you better watch your back you ******* dog“... then a hole a game can get played out with that sort of stuff, every second word was either fu** or campaigner and not one person on that clubs committee goes over and says anything...

I coached against Newport on near a dozen occasions and never had a single issue in any game against them. No more banter or hero talk than any other club

Think they are an easy target and some opinions are carried over from Central Altona.

Feb 21, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Tips for this week?

Here's mine

Newport over Point Cook Central's by 25 points

Parkside over Glenorden by 37 points

Wyndhamvale over North Footscray by 13 points

West Footscray over Albion by 5 points

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back