WRFL Division 3 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The

brokers were the same about last years players
How'd that work for them?

True, difference is this year all of them (recruits from last year) stayed, only lost one player amd we've added more - real quality too! A couple more to come as well!

Hope Wyndham Suns turn up to play round 1!! If they don't, they will be in real trouble.

It will still be good to get to and watch a bit of local footy. I hope they play close to their best sides against each other. I reckon Tarneit should be pretty good. I'm hearing they have a few new blokes that go alright. North Footscray will be a good challenge.

Why will Tarneit be good? Who have they picked up.. Name names or there is literally no substance in what you are saying

True, difference is this year all of them (recruits from last year) stayed, only lost one player amd we've added more - real quality too! A couple more to come as well!

Hope Wyndham Suns turn up to play round 1!! If they don't, they will be in real trouble.
Manny Reardon staying??

Very good footballer

Why will Tarneit be good? Who have they picked up.. Name names or there is literally no substance in what you are saying
I heard Cowlishaw, Anderson from up the bush and Bostock and another of his mates from Glenorden, but the fella who mentioned it was saying about 5 new recruits who go alright. Maybe there's no substance, but I wasn't trying to say anything other than it will be good to get out and watch some local footy, and hopefully they both turn up with their best sides and its a tough contest.

I heard Cowlishaw, Anderson from up the bush and Bostock and another of his mates from Glenorden, but the fella who mentioned it was saying about 5 new recruits who go alright. Maybe there's no substance, but I wasn't trying to say anything other than it will be good to get out and watch some local footy, and hopefully they both turn up with their best sides and its a tough contest.

Just trying to see who people have picked up. Most people on here just say a team is looking good, when they wouldn't know either way and then when you ask about signings, etc. they disappear! Kudos for actually commenting and adding value to big footy.

Any truth that Laverton FC are struggling to get two sides? Hearing it around the traps but I don't know if there is any merit in it...

correct.. have been getting between ~10 and up to 20 at most on a couple of occasions at training

Tbh it's quite sad and I do feel for the bottom teams who have struggled for a couple years now,

It's not easy to keep players interested when your losing week in and week out,

If this is true about Laverton I hope that you boys get some numbers on the track soon

And other clubs are in the same boat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tbh it's quite sad and I do feel for the bottom teams who have struggled for a couple years now,

It's not easy to keep players interested when your losing week in and week out,

If this is true about Laverton I hope that you boys get some numbers on the track soon

And other clubs are in the same boat.

I think d2/d3 are a mess... the whole argument of making one div 2 again doesn't really solve much cause there would be an even bigger gap for the bottom end teams.. but then what happens if glen orden drop down? and what does it look like if they aren't allowed but parkside could and play in two grand finals since? messy stuff

They stamped there footy with West Footscray when times were tough,

The whole Parkside thing allowing a div 2 premier to drop down to div 3 was a huge * up and I don't think they will make the mistake again, then again I'm probably wrong

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just trying to see who people have picked up. Most people on here just say a team is looking good, when they wouldn't know either way and then when you ask about signings, etc. they disappear! Kudos for actually commenting and adding value to big footy.
Not into all the BS I used to see on here and in other BF folders. I would rather use it to find out whats going on in the League. A bit of banter is fun at times, but not all the BS.

I think d2/d3 are a mess... the whole argument of making one div 2 again doesn't really solve much cause there would be an even bigger gap for the bottom end teams.. but then what happens if glen orden drop down? and what does it look like if they aren't allowed but parkside could and play in two grand finals since? messy stuff
Probably a good argument for some increased funding from Government, Council and the AFL itself, used specifically for developing better Administrators. It's a hard gig as a Volunteer, and normally people go into it for the right reasons, but most who do are woefully under prepared for running a sporting club, especially these days, with all of the extra legalities. If we had continuous specific funding to ensure better governance from clubs, then we would have less of these types of issues happening, clubs would be run much better, and would lose less people, including players, and Volunteers through mismanagement and a lack of tools to maintain players and attract players.

Probably a good argument for some increased funding from Government, Council and the AFL itself, used specifically for developing better Administrators. It's a hard gig as a Volunteer, and normally people go into it for the right reasons, but most who do are woefully under prepared for running a sporting club, especially these days, with all of the extra legalities. If we had continuous specific funding to ensure better governance from clubs, then we would have less of these types of issues happening, clubs would be run much better, and would lose less people, including players, and Volunteers through mismanagement and a lack of tools to maintain players and attract players.

I think the player retention issue comes from greed and having the wrong people controlling the clubs $$. Parkside/west/glen orden.. all "recent" year d2 powerhouses had success based on throwing money at people who were only there for the glory and $ and all three have had "extraordinary" meetings to save themselves from their own mess

Division 3 is actually not bad in terms of being even. A couple of teams dominated last year but the rest were fairly even. Division 2 is a bit of a worry, teams like Yarraville are way ahead of the albanvales and west's. I dunno what the answer is other than maybe tinkering with the salary cap - e.g reduce the salary cap for the top clubs to give the lower clubs a chance. It's a tough situation!!

Division 3 is actually not bad in terms of being even. A couple of teams dominated last year but the rest were fairly even. Division 2 is a bit of a worry, teams like Yarraville are way ahead of the albanvales and west's. I dunno what the answer is other than maybe tinkering with the salary cap - e.g reduce the salary cap for the top clubs to give the lower clubs a chance. It's a tough situation!!
Reduce it from $50k?
I think it's low enough as it is
And even if they did that a lot of payments will be under the table

Reduce it from $50k?
I think it's low enough as it is
And even if they did that a lot of payments will be under the table

Meant div 2, which is more than 50k. Like I said I don't know the answer.

Are clubs outside maribyrnong council allowed to have more than one practice match at their home ground??

We've been restricted to one.. fairly ridiculous if you ask me

Meant div 2, which is more than 50k. Like I said I don't know the answer.

Are clubs outside maribyrnong council allowed to have more than one practice match at their home ground??

We've been restricted to one.. fairly ridiculous if you ask me
Yeah true
I think from memory div 2 is 125 but not 100% sure
But with most clubs unable to pay that then yeah they should lower it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back