WRFL Division 3 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So WRFL...

Div 3 GF 2016
Brawls at multiple games this year.
Terrible publicity
Umpire chased and hit from JUNIOR footy game.
3 games called off with blues - all involved Braybrook.... (Wyndham Suns, & Sanctuary Lakes seniors and reserves)
Time to act was last year. You failed to take an opportunity with the Div 3 GF, now you reap what you sew. Fix it. Fix it now

So WRFL...

Div 3 GF 2016
Brawls at multiple games this year.
Terrible publicity
Umpire chased and hit from JUNIOR footy game.
3 games called off with blues - all involved Braybrook.... (Wyndham Suns, & Sanctuary Lakes seniors and reserves)
Time to act was last year. You failed to take an opportunity with the Div 3 GF, now you reap what you sew. Fix it. Fix it now

Sorry boys you know the answers. The WRFL will do nothing and in a way this league encourages violence especially in the lower divisions. This club has been doing this stuff for 10-30 years and this league just smacks their hand. Most of the time it's exactly how you describe it. From behind or attack in numbers. Probably won't see these guys back into a pack or stand toe to toe with anyone who goes ok. Would they take on some tough nuts from Lavo.. Hell no..Always pick there mark..
This club should have been thrown out years ago...

Also to say we feel for some officals from this club. Cmon they would be back at the club laughing about it on the Saturday night..

Who would play div3 WRFL??

When a kid in the prime of his life is paralyzed or killed, a lack of action from the league will result in anything far worse than a few "tough nuts" from feral mobs.....

Sorry boys you know the answers. The WRFL will do nothing and in a way this league encourages violence especially in the lower divisions. This club has been doing this stuff for 10-30 years and this league just smacks their hand. Most of the time it's exactly how you describe it. From behind or attack in numbers. Probably won't see these guys back into a pack or stand toe to toe with anyone who goes ok. Would they take on some tough nuts from Lavo.. Hell no..Always pick there mark..
This club should have been thrown out years ago...

Also to say we feel for some officals from this club. Cmon they would be back at the club laughing about it on the Saturday night..

Who would play div3 WRFL??
100% right. If officials were so disgusted about such behaviour, they would have done something about it a long time ago. A great example is Glenroy FC in EDFL....they had a reputation for a long time. They decided enough was enough and have completely transformed the club culture into a family orientated and professional club. To the point where one of their under 19s players was involved in an incident (head butted an umpire - received life from EDFL), the club decided to suspend the whole team for the rest of the season. Now that's what you call "showing balls" and walking the walk.

Interesting footage on the news of part of the incident where the SL player was injured. Certainly don't condone the violence and hope the SL player is OK, but if you take a close look, the SL player was dragged out of the melee then divide back in to attack a Braybook player. This is when 3 Braybook players attacked him. Certainly not saying the SL player started it, just saying he was not the innocent party the folk being interviewed portrayed

However it does appear 2 guys went in and kneed the guy whilst he was on the ground..

Funny how , great2'splayer , was having a dig at lavo and there issues haven't the tables turned , pot calling the kettle black

Funny how , great2'splayer , was having a dig at lavo and there issues haven't the tables turned , pot calling the kettle black

Your love affair with me continues... too bad the love affair is only one sided! Saturday's incidents were horrible and the league are investigating, leave it at that.

Turbo stick to EDFL.. you only come on WRFL forums all the time to bag the WRFL and simply promote the EDFL!! How many Braybrook games have you actually been to in 2016-2017? I'd say none so you are not qualified to talk about what we are doing and what we are not doing as a club. Also if you want to measure/compare.... history, I am more than comfortable having a chat with you about our great club. 140+ years the doors have been open with plenty of premierships to our name, not to mention VFL/AFL player exports.. there are actually statutes of our players on Ballarat Road, check them out if you ever feel like crossing the Maribyrnong... Up to you!

Give me a spell, you have an ill-informed opinion on a subject matter you know nothing about.

Good luck to all teams playing in the finals and I'd hate to say this but condolences to North Sunshine on not making finals.. with a bit of luck all they had to do was beat Parkside on the weekend and they did... unfortunately the cards didn't fall their way and Heights beat Wyndham in a big upset. Rough way to miss out... Kudos to there coach, from a distance, he has certainly done wonders down at Dempster Park in 2017.

So what happened then? We are all of similar opinion to turbo. Explain to us the uneducated what transpired.

Because what i have seen in the footage is pretty condemning

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your love affair with me continues... too bad the love affair is only one sided! Saturday's incidents were horrible and the league are investigating, leave it at that.

Turbo stick to EDFL.. you only come on WRFL forums all the time to bag the WRFL and simply promote the EDFL!! How many Braybrook games have you actually been to in 2016-2017? I'd say none so you are not qualified to talk about what we are doing and what we are not doing as a club. Also if you want to measure/compare.... history, I am more than comfortable having a chat with you about our great club. 140+ years the doors have been open with plenty of premierships to our name, not to mention VFL/AFL player exports.. there are actually statutes of our players on Ballarat Road, check them out if you ever feel like crossing the Maribyrnong... Up to you!

Give me a spell, you have an ill-informed opinion on a subject matter you know nothing about.

Good luck to all teams playing in the finals and I'd hate to say this but condolences to North Sunshine on not making finals.. with a bit of luck all they had to do was beat Parkside on the weekend and they did... unfortunately the cards didn't fall their way and Heights beat Wyndham in a big upset. Rough way to miss out... Kudos to there coach, from a distance, he has certainly done wonders down at Dempster Park in 2017.

Great2sPlayer, yes there are statues outside the Braybrook hotel. Yes you had history on the back of some players like EJ, Hawkins, Wilson, Wagon etc but that was bloody ages ago. You can't keep living off them for ever & ever. The game has changed if you haven't noticed, and div3 should be for:
- some younger guys out of 19s that either lack a bit of skill but still love to play the game.
- mates wanting to play together..
- some experienced players giving back to their younger club, live close by or maybe some recruits being paid to lead the way.

Either way it's not guys playing to be punched and taken to hospital. Yes Braybrook are not the only club that's been involved in headlines in this comp over previous 2-3 years, but where does it stop. Last game fights went from footy years ago buddy..

And another thing who cares if I'm from the EDFL as this game is all over the news champ.. Surely you can't be defending what went on..I seen the knees and then the player look over his shoulder in case someone was coming for him for payback..
This league needs a good clean up and zero tolerance to this type of behaviour. Surely you agree with that..

Great2sPlayer, yes there are statues outside the Braybrook hotel. Yes you had history on the back of some players like EJ, Hawkins, Wilson, Wagon etc but that was bloody ages ago. You can't keep living off them for ever & ever. The game has changed if you haven't noticed, and div3 should be for:
- some younger guys out of 19s that either lack a bit of skill but still love to play the game.
- mates wanting to play together..
- some experienced players giving back to their younger club, live close by or maybe some recruits being paid to lead the way.

Either way it's not guys playing to be punched and taken to hospital. Yes Braybrook are not the only club that's been involved in headlines in this comp over previous 2-3 years, but where does it stop. Last game fights went from footy years ago buddy..

And another thing who cares if I'm from the EDFL as this game is all over the news champ.. Surely you can't be defending what went on..I seen the knees and then the player look over his shoulder in case someone was coming for him for payback..
This league needs a good clean up and zero tolerance to this type of behaviour. Surely you agree with that..

Division 3 footy is for whoever wants to play division 3 footy...

you said in your original comment our history since the 90s was that braybrook only fight and braybrook are thugs.. I disagree, I think history shows we won senior 2-3 senior premierships in the timeframe you mentioned (maybe more if you include reserves flags?), maybe a senior flag a couple of years ago???? I think the premiership is given to the best side in the division for that year?? Surely you have to retract your comment!!!

Don't let one bad match or even let's say a bad season dictate your perception of the Braybrook footy club over the last 30 years.. not that your perception even matters really..

Just don't shoot from the hip as unlike SL, Braybrook didn't call every media outlet, the police, fire brigade, FBI, NASA, batman and the mafia to complain about what happened. I get their emotional, rightly so, however there has to be more professionalism at that club..

Braybrook has been much more professional and actually commenced there own investigation to determine what happened. Additionally, the club started working with the WRFL on Saturday about the matter. This is the correct process to follow - it protects the clubs and the WRFL. It also ensures any investigation is conducted fairly... given what SL have done will the investigation be conducted fairly now that 'one' incident has been publicised - hard to say but time will tell..

There is more to the story and I can assure you SL has a lot to answer for. And no, I'm not referring to the fact they served Braybrook's committee members scones with cream & jam on Saturday at the half time luncheon.. that luncheon is a seperate matter which requires a separate investigation!!!!!

Im sure all will come out in due course. Let's hope both clubs and the league DO take a hard stance so 2018 is a better year for the players, club and the league.

you said in your original comment our history since the 90s was that braybrook only fight and braybrook are thugs.. I disagree, I think history shows we won senior 2-3 senior premierships in the timeframe you mentioned (maybe more if you include reserves flags?), maybe a senior flag a couple of years ago???? I think the premiership is given to the best side in the division for that year?? Surely you have to retract your comment!!!

Don't let one bad match or even let's say a bad season dictate your perception of the Braybrook footy club over the last 30 years.. not that your perception even matters really..

Just don't shoot from the hip as unlike SL, Braybrook didn't call every media outlet, the police, fire brigade, FBI, NASA, batman and the mafia to complain about what happened. I get their emotional, rightly so, however there has to be more professionalism at that club..

Braybrook has been much more professional and actually commenced there own investigation to determine what happened. Additionally, the club started working with the WRFL on Saturday about the matter. This is the correct process to follow - it protects the clubs and the WRFL. It also ensures any investigation is conducted fairly... given what SL have done will the investigation be conducted fairly now that 'one' incident has been publicised - hard to say but time will tell..

There is more to the story and I can assure you SL has a lot to answer for. And no, I'm not referring to the fact they served Braybrook's committee members scones with cream & jam on Saturday at the half time luncheon.. that luncheon is a seperate matter which requires a separate investigation!!!!!

Im sure all will come out in due course. Let's hope both clubs and the league DO take a hard stance so 2018 is a better year for the players, club and the league.

I'm impartial to all of this and know there's two sides to everyone story but every encounter I've ever had with Braybrook has been marred by dirty players. I'm sure the people behind the scenes do a great job and work tirelessly and I can respect you sticking up for your club but it's the few scum that pull on the jumper on a Saturday that's causing all of this (and have been for some time now)

My original post never said those exact words but I guess you have answered it.

Mate let's be real here, your last senior flag a couple of years back was in div3. And you were still paying guys that played for 12 months after.. Probably not the best way to go about winning a flag you couldn't afford.

My whole point is punching on went out of footy years ago mate. It just doesn't happen anymore and is not tolerated at 99% of sporting clubs. It's the 1% that ruining it for everyone else..

It's common knowledge you guys have history with this stuff dating back years. I would be interested to know how long you have been involved at Braybrook?

Scones & cream wtf, no beer, party pies, etc.. That I have to agree is not good. Lol

You didnt just call out a club about professionalism about having outrage because 2 of their players were carted away in ambulances?

Surely, after all the crap that has taken place and swept under the carpet this media circus is the only way to keep pressure on the decision makers to tidy up the league.

I dont want to go down a history lesson. At the moment Braybrook are among other clubs that have not covered themselves in glory in 2017.

Your club and the WRFL have been protected enough. They gave you blokes an inch and you took a mile.

Something needs to be done, and your club needs to be held accountable, otherwise this will occur time and time again and its not acceptable mate. In fact its bloody disgusting.

Im sure all will come out in due course. Let's hope both clubs and the league DO take a hard stance so 2018 is a better year for the players, club and the league.[/QUOT
i saw the game when lavo played braybrook at braybrook, big all in front of braybrooks coaches box started by sniping by braybrook players this has been happening for ages no wonder people are pissed off

That says it all. Right in front of the their coaches box at home..

They wouldn't have a crack against Lavo at Lavo, and back in the day they never sniped against Port Colts, Wembley Park, Nth Ken etc even at their ground.. Oh the memories..

That says it all. Right in front of the their coaches box at home..

They wouldn't have a crack against Lavo at Lavo, and back in the day they never sniped against Port Colts, Wembley Park, Nth Ken etc even at their ground.. Oh the memories..
How old are you turbo 100 ? What era did Wembley park play in ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back