WRFL Division 3 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played juniors at Laverton. Probably completely off topic but how does the club continue to survive to this day yet Glenorden are not fielding a side? Can they survive much longer especially with Point Cook coming into the WRFL next season?

I played juniors at Laverton. Probably completely off topic but how does the club continue to survive to this day yet Glenorden are not fielding a side? Can they survive much longer especially with Point Cook coming into the WRFL next season?
Laverton have survived with both Point Cook and Sanctuary Lakes for a few years. Don't see why that would change

So looks like the tribunal will sit next week to hear the case be interesting to see what the ******s at the WRFL come up with

Rumours swirling that it was delayed due to AFL vic getting involved. Big ramifications im hearing after all clubs were put on notice following the incident last year. Good luck with your defence as the video incident (not yet shown to many) highlights some disgusting things..

First of all Glenorden brought a Premership spent big on players and went broke simple as that, secondly point cook have had seniors and reserve sides for around 5 years in the ammos so how would that affect Lavo next year when they come into the WRFL

Lavo somehow find a way.

Hope they realise that 2018 for them starts now and not in March............

First of all Glenorden brought a Premership spent big on players and went broke simple as that, secondly point cook have had seniors and reserve sides for around 5 years in the ammos so how would that affect Lavo next year when they come into the WRFL

Am aware of Point Cook being around for years however them coming into the WRFL will only make them stronger there's absolutely no doubt. Plus the fact that Laverton have not fielded one junior side in about 8 or 9 years does not help as most of the current crop are ex junior players. What happens when they leave/retire?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am aware of Point Cook being around for years however them coming into the WRFL will only make them stronger there's absolutely no doubt. Plus the fact that Laverton have not fielded one junior side in about 8 or 9 years does not help as most of the current crop are ex junior players. What happens when they leave/retire?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Point Cook into Div 2, not sure there would be to many players, if any, that PC would be targeting from Lavo.
In fact, if Lavo were smart enough, with PC looking to recruit players, they should be targeting the current fringe players at PC as they may struggle to get a game next year. This shouldn't be to difficult as there current coach was an assistant and played at PC in 2016

Point Cook certainties for Div 2 flag in 2018, as a lot of home growns to return from other clubs in and out of the WRFL. In fact, in a few years, I would say they would be as strong, if not stronger than Werribee Districts.

Point Cook certainties for Div 2 flag in 2018, as a lot of home growns to return from other clubs in and out of the WRFL. In fact, in a few years, I would say they would be as strong, if not stronger than Werribee Districts.

Not sure all the home growns would want to come back, or is exactly what the team is after, although the exec will make you think that joining the WRFL will get them back. They already have a reasonably young side, a few experienced and bigger bodies is what they need

Not sure all the home growns would want to come back, or is exactly what the team is after, although the exec will make you think that joining the WRFL will get them back. They already have a reasonably young side, a few experienced and bigger bodies is what they need

Trucka, would have thought the homegrowns left for 2 main reasons - to play locally and / or to get a few $. Not sure of the $ next year at PC, but certainly the former is now available at PC. I'm guessing they didn't leave because of club issues - eg a poor environment because from afar, wouldn't think that is the case and is highly unlikely. Why wouldn't some at least go back?

Trucka, would have thought the homegrowns left for 2 main reasons - to play locally and / or to get a few $. Not sure of the $ next year at PC, but certainly the former is now available at PC. I'm guessing they didn't leave because of club issues - eg a poor environment because from afar, wouldn't think that is the case and is highly unlikely. Why wouldn't some at least go back?

Yeah, you are probably right on both but this particular group that left were mainly from one age group and another reason is that the team wasn't that great and many left for success elsewhere. From what I hear, PC have plenty of $$'s to spend and yes, some may come back for coin, but if I was one of the loyal players who have been at the club since Juniors and been playing for nothing and winning awards, I would be pretty pissed if they offered big $$'s for these lost souls to return over what they might offer them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Number 23 - 1 week. Lane
Number 35 - 4 weeks Charles
Number 52 - 2 weeks
Number 9 - 5 weeks
Sanctuary Lakes player 2 weeks
Unsure of names as football record from wrfl is wrong
Pure Madness. It will come to a point where the injured players will need to start to press charges, and take these things through the real courts, just to get some decent outcomes. If the League can not take a stand, and out this repeated thuggery, and if the Clubs can't do the same, we will never progress. Let's get out of the Dark Ages WRFL, and work towards something better.

On another note, they can only go off evidence presented by the Umpires and those laying the claims. If this isn't followed correctly, they are duty bound to throw charges out. Maybe it is time for the clubs to ante up, and pay for videographers each week. I know it's another added cost to the football departments, but the upside to having every game filmed can far outweigh these costs. Coaches having access to this video for coaching purposes, the cleaning up of our League through (more likely) charges sticking, and the onflow of cleaning up the League is higher likelihood of player retention (including from juniors coming through), and better retention of sponsors through a cleaner and more professionally run League. The public perception is what will keep money in our League, and prevent the continual loss of better talent to the EFL, EDFL, VAFA, and Country Leagues.

Number 23 - 1 week. Lane
Number 52 - 2 weeks
Number 9 - 5 weeks

So the 23 king hits a bloke and gets 1 week? It's not like he doesn't have prior bad history. Thats a disgrace. 52 was Charles, who ganged up with his brother to assault another bloke, how one gets 4 weeks and the other only 2 makes no sense, and the 9 Larizza, I am sure this isn't his first time up this year either? I stand corrected if that isn't right, but remember hearing of him going up earlier in the piece. Lanes is a dead set disgrace, especially when you see Daniel Cross get a week in Div 1 for "Attempting To Strike", yet this bozo king hits a bloke and gets the same punishment. Pretty sure that one of the guys taken to hospital was from this coward punch.

Number 23 - 1 week. Lane
Number 52 - 2 weeks
Number 9 - 5 weeks

Any fines/penalties for the club(s)?
Above penalties are a disgrace and just goes to show how piss weak this league is no matter who is running the show. May be some of these blokes who have been around for 20 or so years on the board and tribunal need to be moved on and some new blood who are up with the current times put in place

So the 23 king hits a bloke and gets 1 week? It's not like he doesn't have prior bad history. Thats a disgrace. 52 was Charles, who ganged up with his brother to assault another bloke, how one gets 4 weeks and the other only 2 makes no sense, and the 9 Larizza, I am sure this isn't his first time up this year either? I stand corrected if that isn't right, but remember hearing of him going up earlier in the piece. Lanes is a dead set disgrace, especially when you see Daniel Cross get a week in Div 1 for "Attempting To Strike", yet this bozo king hits a bloke and gets the same punishment. Pretty sure that one of the guys taken to hospital was from this coward punch.

The Charles brothers are as weak as piss they have been doing THIS s**t for years, i play for Braybrook so i am Tuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back