Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry22

Debutant
Apr 3, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Nothing to apologise for. Your argument all along has been that Sanctuary Lakes Centrals where given player point deductions. The article you have provided states that both Centrals & the WRFL assessed certain players incorrectly, nothing about player point deductions. This is different to what you had been advising.

Had the league had the balls to come out with the results of their meeting earlier in the week then all this could have been avoided. But then again, what else would we have had you talk about.

Just goes to show how pathetic this organisation is when they can't even get the points system correct.
Forgive me if i read wrong but the statement doesnt suggest centrals did anything wrong. If you read it and specifically read the 2nd dot point, it clearly states that the league is at fault here by providing incorrect information. As far as i am concerned this is the leagues fault and this statement just confirms that.

The way suns, titans and other people have acted on social media posts is a joke in my opinion, bit of egg on their faces now that the league have come out and said it is their fault.

Harry22

Debutant
Apr 3, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I should clarify i am not talking about titans or suns players or the club as a whole, just come official/fans i have seen running their mouths with immature comments.

trucka

Team Captain
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Gold Coast
How many things in one post can be wrong

1- I NEVER said it was only the sharks involved
2- you sh!t can the league then believe every word in the statement they release.
3- you won’t acknowledge that it wasn’t the guys running the show now who made these errors in referring too.
4- the league couldn’t release a statement until a decision was made and legal advice given.
5- have a great day

I stand behind every word I said, I know they are 100% the truth

I'm a little confused. Am I too believe the leagues statement or not? If it is inaccurate, why post it and claim the glory?

Good luck to all teams this weekend and you also have a lovely day!

Egg on face?

Why even if the WRFL made the mistake are people not allowed to be upset or annoyed that Sanctuary Lakes got an unfair advantage?

No matter where or whom is at fault, that in what is supposed to be a fair competition, it has ended up being a farce.

I would be filthy if i was apart of another club in division 3, as i said, regardless where the blame is laid

Wickers18

Team Captain
Nov 23, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Just to ask the question the statement not sure were it has come from mentions 2017 are we talking for the 2017 season or clearances that went through in late 2017 for this season. It reads like the current Administration is trying to blame the old Administration

Harry22

Debutant
Apr 3, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Egg on face?

Why even if the WRFL made the mistake are people not allowed to be upset or annoyed that Sanctuary Lakes got an unfair advantage?

No matter where or whom is at fault, that in what is supposed to be a fair competition, it has ended up being a farce.

I would be filthy if i was apart of another club in division 3, as i said, regardless where the blame is laid
Fair call mate. I would be upset if that happened back in my day as well.

In saying that i dont think calling the club cheaters or comments such as pity they cant add up are warranted, the club by the sounds of things didnt do anything wrong, it was the league who allocated the points incorrectly.

Harry22

Debutant
Apr 3, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Just to ask the question the statement not sure were it has come from mentions 2017 are we talking for the 2017 season or clearances that went through in late 2017 for this season. It reads like the current Administration is trying to blame the old Administration
Possibly the players were allocated these points last season and they are are still playing there this year

Nov 17, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Working out points isn't rocket science for the average club volunteer. Most players are obvious and the others easily calculated with a couple of questions and in the odd case maybe a phone call to the league to clarify.

WRFL now say its all their fault for them supplying incorrect information.

Therefore it would be very wrong for anybody to think that SL/PCC calculated points, WRFL's list had a discrepancy for some players, and the club said "s**t! Bonus! Lets not query this and ask them to check our working-out, we'll use the lesser numbers and shut up about it." You cannot be thinking that, because I am certain any footy club would have the integrity to let the league know mistakes had been made had they known about it. Therefore they could not have known about it, didn't do their own calculations, and accepted WRFL's list as gospel as they had every right to do.

Mattdougie says he's known all along that it's been wrong. Let's give the benefit of the doubt and assume he was the only one who picked this up, and didn't share it with anyone else, and left before it could possibly become an issue. It would be churlish and wrong to imply otherwise.

Although Laverton seems to be the only other club to have been affected by this issue (once, in a loss), it casts doubt over the soundness of WRFL's records for all players in all divisions.

The only fair thing is to get over it, forget it, play finals footy and deal with it later.

My suggestion? Next year the WRFL must re-do its own calculations for every player and keep that list private. Two weeks before round 1 all clubs submit interim team sheets with their calculated points. Those lists are compared and probably 97% would agree. The other 3% would be independently evaluated and corrections made and communicated. That way we start the year with a known clean database that everyone agrees with. Subsequent clearances have the points calculated by the league and if the club disagrees ask for clarification/re-evaluation.

Like I said, it isn't rocket science.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Working out points isn't rocket science for the average club volunteer. Most players are obvious and the others easily calculated with a couple of questions and in the odd case maybe a phone call to the league to clarify.

WRFL now say its all their fault for them supplying incorrect information.

Therefore it would be very wrong for anybody to think that SL/PCC calculated points, WRFL's list had a discrepancy for some players, and the club said "s**t! Bonus! Lets not query this and ask them to check our working-out, we'll use the lesser numbers and shut up about it." You cannot be thinking that, because I am certain any footy club would have the integrity to let the league know mistakes had been made had they known about it.

Mattdougie says he's known all along that it's been wrong. Let's give the benefit of the doubt and assume he was the only one who picked this up, and didn't share it with anyone else, and left before it could possibly become an issue. It would be churlish to imply otherwise.

Although Laverton seems to be the only other club to have been affected by this issue (once, in a loss), it casts doubt over the soundness of WRFL's records for all players in all divisions.

The only fair thing is to get over it, forget it, play finals footy and deal with it later.

My suggestion? Next year the WRFL must re-do its own calculations for every player and keep that list private. Two weeks before round 1 all clubs submit interim team sheets with their calculated points. Those lists are compared and probably 97% would agree. The other 3% would be independently evaluated and corrections made and communicated. That way we start the year with a known clean database that everyone agrees with. Subsequent clearances have the points calculated by the league and if the club disagrees ask for clarification/re-evaluation.

Like I said, it isn't rocket science.

Sorry mate, we knew about it, we discussed it. The only reason I’ve said anything is because of the hypocrisy of some. We were doing nothing wrong the league Allowed the discounts and we took them. But to suggest I was the only one that knew is completely wrong. And again I never said I was taking about the sharks I simply said I knew some of the points discounts they received and why.

Nov 17, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeah, though we're not talking about discounts that the league honoured, are we? Are you saying the discounts only applied for 2017 and the league failed to update their records before the start of 2018? Sorry, I'm confused. I'm old and confuse easily.

trucka

Team Captain
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Yeah, though we're not talking about discounts that the league honoured, are we? Are you saying the discounts only applied for 2017 and the league failed to update their records before the start of 2018? Sorry, I'm confused. I'm old and confuse easily.

OTP we must be of the same vintage, I also are now totally confused. Did the SLakes Centrals get given 'discounts' as stated by our friend Mattdougie, or, were the points incorrectly calculated as stated by the WRFL statement sent to clubs?

Truth Be Said

Senior List
Jul 3, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Some people are very naive & I would have to agree with Over The Post. The League were always going to take the wrap for this because it was the easy way out. You can't possibly tell me that in the past 2 seasons the Point Cook coaching staff didn't look at the player points during selections and think player x is only worth 1 point how can that be possible when he has never played at this club before. So for the past 2 seasons Point Cook have had the opportunity to approach the league and request player x have his points assessed by the league yet they chose to sit quietly. Been let off extremely lightly in my opinion.

Wickers18

Team Captain
Nov 23, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
OTP we must be of the same vintage, I also are now totally confused. Did the SLakes Centrals get given 'discounts' as stated by our friend Mattdougie, or, were the points incorrectly calculated as stated by the WRFL statement sent to clubs?

I think we are all a bit confused. Why would clubs crack it based on 2017 points, something is a bit smelly at WRFL head quarters looks to me they are trying to throw the old admin under the bus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harry22

Debutant
Apr 3, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think we are all a bit confused. Why would clubs crack it based on 2017 points, something is a bit smelly at WRFL head quarters looks to me they are trying to throw the old admin under the bus.
Because last season sharks were no good and finished 2nd last so it didnt matter. Now all of a sudden they are top of the ladder so questions get asked.

Wickers18

Team Captain
Nov 23, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Because last season sharks were no good and finished 2nd last so it didnt matter. Now all of a sudden they are top of the ladder so questions get asked.

Speaking to one club, this week they where more worried about the points some new players and returning players had been allocated in 2018, nothing to do with the 2017 points.

Be interesting to see how many players have been effected and how this will restrict Sharks over the finals from fielding their best side.

Wickers18

Team Captain
Nov 23, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Titans v Suns, the Tarneit Derby this week, I still think the GF winner will come from the side that wins this match. It will be a flip of the coin on who wins these sides are extremely close. I'm backing the Titans as I picked them at the start of the year to win the premiership but really it will be whoever can play 4 qtrs of Footy, both sides can score heavily and quickly

anderson1948

Team Captain
Apr 28, 2013
williamstown
AFL Club
Sydney
Titans v Suns, the Tarneit Derby this week, I still think the GF winner will come from the side that wins this match. It will be a flip of the coin on who wins these sides are extremely close. I'm backing the Titans as I picked them at the start of the year to win the premiership but really it will be whoever can play 4 qtrs of Footy, both sides can score heavily and quickly
Could also give the winner of this game an automatic spot in div 2 next year even if they lose the GF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back