WRFL Division 3 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Div 3 coaches look pretty settled so far for 2019, haven't seen any club advertise as yet. Here is a question, if you have a choice to coach any Div 3 club which one would you choose and why?

Div 3 coaches look pretty settled so far for 2019, haven't seen any club advertise as yet. Here is a question, if you have a choice to coach any Div 3 club which one would you choose and why?

Albanvale, should keep most of their players from this season.

Did
What happe
Albanvale, should keep most of their players from this season.
WhAt happened down at Albanvale they have really gone backwards in the last 12 months, player recruitment or coaches or combination of both?

Was the Norrh Sunshine coach recently interviewed by the Falcons?

So what happened there this year, they were looking OK the previous year, why did things go wrong?
Had a mate or two that played down there. My understanding is they had quite a few ex Albion players down there and they had a fall out with some individuals at the club and left. That's what ive been told anyway, if theres no truth to that then I apologise.

Had a mate or two that played down there. My understanding is they had quite a few ex Albion players down there and they had a fall out with some individuals at the club and left. That's what ive been told anyway, if theres no truth to that then I apologise.

A mountain of injuries and a deportation or two didn't help their numbers either.

Brookers in full swing trying to recruit to win the flag next year!
Then what, they go hard spend all there money win a Div 3 premiership head to Div 2 get smashed and then spend 5 years in Div 3 trying to recover. This isn't just a Braybrook it's most clubs, they need to identify where they fit and enjoy it rather than try to get somewhere that will but massive strain on the club long term.

Don't get me wrong I'm all for clubs striving to be the best they can be, but there needs to be a plan so it's sustainable.

So what happened there this year, they were looking OK the previous year, why did things go wrong?

They were actually building quite nicely towards the back end of 2017. They had a settled line up. Only lost to Wyndham and tarneit by less than 2 goals iirc. Knocked off parkside in the last round but just missed finals. A loss against braybrook and a draw with sanctuary lakes early in the year come back to bite them. In my opinion, had they snuck into the finals, they could of quite possible done some damage given that the first week of finals were at Dempster Park, turned out to be one of those ‘what if’ seasons.

In the off season, a few went to burnside, a couple back up north, few didn’t play at all. Recruited a few from Albion, Darren Turner (who should have never been recruited in the first place) and s few other randoms. They thought these recruits would not only replace the blokes that left but would take them that step further. Hindsight’s a wonderful thing.

As the losses kept mounting, blokes started dropping off one by one. The recruits bailed, lost their best player to Caroline springs after he played interleague, along with a long injury list. Some injuries legit some not so ... numbers at training were in the single figures most weeks in the back half. Coach tried his guts out to get blokes to training and tried to make the sessions fun and at different locations.

A small core group stuck it out. Blokes like Granger, Cooper, Alagona, Briggs busted their ass every week for absolutely zero money. The club has virtually no money, no juniors and not many sponsors, and as blokes arent getting payed, the club had no bargaining power to make the players train and attend functions with the threat of not paying them if they arent doing the right thing. Bottom line is that if your not paying players in this day and age in local footy, it’s like boxing with one hand tied behind your back.

The big positive for the club this year was the introduction of the women’s team. I’m not sure what the future holds for the club though unfortunately..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They were actually building quite nicely towards the back end of 2017. They had a settled line up. Only lost to Wyndham and tarneit by less than 2 goals iirc. Knocked off parkside in the last round but just missed finals. A loss against braybrook and a draw with sanctuary lakes early in the year come back to bite them. In my opinion, had they snuck into the finals, they could of quite possible done some damage given that the first week of finals were at Dempster Park, turned out to be one of those ‘what if’ seasons.

In the off season, a few went to burnside, a couple back up north, few didn’t play at all. Recruited a few from Albion, Darren Turner (who should have never been recruited in the first place) and s few other randoms. They thought these recruits would not only replace the blokes that left but would take them that step further. Hindsight’s a wonderful thing.

As the losses kept mounting, blokes started dropping off one by one. The recruits bailed, lost their best player to Caroline springs after he played interleague, along with a long injury list. Some injuries legit some not so ... numbers at training were in the single figures most weeks in the back half. Coach tried his guts out to get blokes to training and tried to make the sessions fun and at different locations.

A small core group stuck it out. Blokes like Granger, Cooper, Alagona, Briggs busted their ass every week for absolutely zero money. The club has virtually no money, no juniors and not many sponsors, and as blokes arent getting payed, the club had no bargaining power to make the players train and attend functions with the threat of not paying them if they arent doing the right thing. Bottom line is that if your not paying players in this day and age in local footy, it’s like boxing with one hand tied behind your back.

The big positive for the club this year was the introduction of the women’s team. I’m not sure what the future holds for the club though unfortunately..
I like this post

Then what, they go hard spend all there money win a Div 3 premiership head to Div 2 get smashed and then spend 5 years in Div 3 trying to recover. This isn't just a Braybrook it's most clubs, they need to identify where they fit and enjoy it rather than try to get somewhere that will but massive strain on the club long term.

Don't get me wrong I'm all for clubs striving to be the best they can be, but there needs to be a plan so it's sustainable.

This post doesn’t have merit, look who has gone up in the last few years. Parkside made finals and Newport have been competitive to say the least. The gap between division 2 & 3 isn’t that great.

Yes it’s hard for a team coming up to compete with the top 2 Div 2 teams but one of those two now goes up. Also consider Braybrook beat West Footscray last year and Albanvale this year in practice matches. Even with players out still a good indicator.

Too hard to comment on how the Brookers or anyone will go next year. Point Cook struggled last year, recruited very well and won the flag this year. We will all know more when clearances open.

This post doesn’t have merit, look who has gone up in the last few years. Parkside made finals and Newport have been competitive to say the least. The gap between division 2 & 3 isn’t that great.

Yes it’s hard for a team coming up to compete with the top 2 Div 2 teams but one of those two now goes up. Also consider Braybrook beat West Footscray last year and Albanvale this year in practice matches. Even with players out still a good indicator.

Too hard to comment on how the Brookers or anyone will go next year. Point Cook struggled last year, recruited very well and won the flag this year. We will all know more when clearances open.
Im trying to think who did they actually recruit though? The only 2 off the top of my head i can think of are Sheean and Coles who i believe came from hoppers, other than that maybe it is just younger players getting better

Im trying to think who did they actually recruit though? The only 2 off the top of my head i can think of are Sheean and Coles who i believe came from hoppers, other than that maybe it is just younger players getting better

They picked up a lot more than 2... I think about 8-9 players. It wasn’t long ago they were caught out because 6 recruits were allocated the wrong points remember.

They’ll go well in div 2

Given that they came into div3 while proudly waving a div2 premiership flag, I'd say that example lacks merit.

How many players from their Div 2 premiership played Div 2 this year. I get it, it happened they won the flag yet went down a division... but time to move on it was about 4 years ago - the list has changed. It’s a credit to them to go up and play finals!

They picked up a lot more than 2... I think about 8-9 players. It wasn’t long ago they were caught out because 6 recruits were allocated the wrong points remember.

They’ll go well in div 2
Div 2 in 2019 will be a very strong division . Wyndhamvale Yarraville North Footscray Parkside Manor Lakes will improve on this year and West and Newport weren't easy beats eitherr to be honest need to be a 10 goal better team than this year just to be competitive against these teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back