WRFL Division 3 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newport...
Coming from VAFA which is particularly clean and coming into a division with Newport last year, I was skeptical.

I must say, other than the bitching to the umpires, they played well within the rules and conducted themselves well.

It certainly different from the reports we got from the years preceding.

Coming from VAFA which is particularly clean and coming into a division with Newport last year, I was skeptical.

I must say, other than the bitching to the umpires, they played well within the rules and conducted themselves well.

It certainly different from the reports we got from the years preceding.

That’s good to hear, when they were in third division a few years back they were dirty as. Made the news and all. Good to see they have improved.

Clubs have been pretty good this year.

That’s good to hear, when they were in third division a few years back they were dirty as. Made the news and all. Good to see they have improved.

Clubs have been pretty good this year.

I think society in general has cleaned up regardless of what social media shows you.. thugs are frowned upon these days. Back then every team had at least one bully/thug

Toughest side I ever played against was
central Altona you just knew you were going to get bashed all day but you were ok with that. I was on the end of a few good hidings till some players found out I was a fellow countryman 😂
That stuff doesn’t happen these days thank god 😂

Nth sunshine 2nds forfeited the game today against us, only had 4 players turn up. We ended up playing a scratch match with couple north boys joining in.
The state of the club does not look good hope things change coz it would be a shame if a club that has been around for years closes its doors

Black back to cobras.. going to be hard to beat come finals. Perhaps creas crapso’s are the only team full strength that could take it up to them.

The suns look like they are have found some late form. Would of been interesting if they have a chance to make the finals

Sad news regarding the roadrunners fingers crossed all works out for them.

Black back to cobras.. going to be hard to beat come finals. Perhaps creas crapso’s are the only team full strength that could take it up to them.

The guys to come back into that side surely aren’t going to be of the greatest fitness. Sinking cans, eating shite and partying up for 6 weeks straight... I think it’s a Heights v Cobras granny.

Winner to stay down and not be promoted

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes. To suggest otherwise would be underestimating all the hard work done by Borgy.

Manor Lakes if successful will want to rejoin Division 2 in 2020 and I can’t see North or West wanting to be relegated.

If I was a Heights or Albanvale and I had the option I’d stay down - win a flag, build on your team and make your club sustainable (increase supporter base) prior to going up a division after another flag. Sometimes it takes a mighty effort to get promoted and then when you do you can’t compete and the supporters you just got back leave again... look at Deer Park they did it and their the best in the business.

Last edited:
The guys to come back into that side surely aren’t going to be of the greatest fitness. Sinking cans, eating s**t and partying up for 6 weeks straight... I think it’s a Heights v Cobras granny.

Winner to stay down and not be promoted

Clearly you don’t know the truth of their trip, it is a high altitude training camp.

Yes. To suggest otherwise would be underestimating all the hard work done by Borgy.

100% if we get that opportunity I’m confident with the plans in place we can go up and be competitive at the least..
In saying that we are under no illusions things will just happen.The hardest work is yet to come and we know we must be at our very best to even have a sniff.
Almost business end of the year and I’m getting excited, gonna be a cracking finals campaign for all involved

Any club can do that with multi million dollar benefactors

Agree to an extent however do you think they were in a much stronger position after their 2nd Division 2 flag to go up? I think so. With sustained success comes more supporters, sponsors and reward for volunteers. Sustained success accelerates drive and energy greatly.

If you’ve done it hard for a number of years, get relegated and then win a flag to get promoted only to be an average team in a better comp (particularly if you don’t have the money to get more players and taking in consideration player points now) - is it really worth it?

Agree to an extent however do you think they were in a much stronger position after their 2nd Division 2 flag to go up? I think so. With sustained success comes more supporters, sponsors and reward for volunteers. Sustained success accelerates drive and energy greatly.

If you’ve done it hard for a number of years, get relegated and then win a flag to get promoted only to be an average team in a better comp (particularly if you don’t have the money to get more players and taking in consideration player points now) - is it really worth it?
I'd have used Altona as an example.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back