WRFL Division 3 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well done to Glenorden on the great win today. They flexed their muscle and cobras weren’t up to it. Cobras blew their chances going forward and outworked through the middle of the ground. Questions gotta be asked about the omission of Black. Leaving him out of the team was always going to start a coulda shoulda woulda discussion. I know it wouldn’t of solved all their problems but they just didn’t look dangerous going forward at all.
I don’t think black woulda made much of a difference albanvale were beat in and around the contest and on the spread.. albanvale use of the ball goin forward was horrific no forward coulda had much of a impact with the way it was goin in the 50!

Marc Yates performance is the best performance in a div 3 granny to date!
Unreal.

I don’t think black woulda made much of a difference albanvale were beat in and around the contest and on the spread.. albanvale use of the ball goin forward was horrific no forward coulda had much of a impact with the way it was goin in the 50!

Marc Yates performance is the best performance in a div 3 granny to date!
Unreal.
Agree, SPB, re Blacky wouldn't have made a difference. He may have got the margin a bit closer but that's about it.

Pretty incredible performance from Glenorden. They had three players sent off at different stages too.

Agree, SPB, re Blacky wouldn't have made a difference. He may have got the margin a bit closer but that's about it.

Pretty incredible performance from Glenorden. They had three players sent off at different stages too.
Yea mate pretty much played most of the second half with 17 players, and IMO 2 of them were wrong calls when Sonni got sent off di cicco For albanvale shoulda been sent of he punched Yates in the face!
But the right call was when one of the glenorden bloke kicked cuthberrson

Will be interesting next year. 7 team comp as I don’t see Manor Lakes getting back up off the ground due to all their players signing elsewhere already. Top 4 will be Albanvale, Sunshine Heights, Tarneit and Wyndham (in no particular order). Interesting to see if any more ex Albion players make their way down Glengala Rd or they all scamper off back to Albion to chase a Div 2 flag. Tarneit won’t recruit anyone big after the Turner debacle. Elso has already used up all his connections getting Wyndham Vale’s 2s players to the club paying them over the top money. Albanvale should hold most of their list and have room to recruit 1 or 2 more better players. Wyndham have signed all their Manor Lakes players for next year plus a few more which looking at their form in the second half will hold them in good stead.

Braybrook, Laverton and North Sunshine won’t do any damage come finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be interesting next year. 7 team comp as I don’t see Manor Lakes getting back up off the ground due to all their players signing elsewhere already. Top 4 will be Albanvale, Sunshine Heights, Tarneit and Wyndham (in no particular order). Interesting to see if any more ex Albion players make their way down Glengala Rd or they all scamper off back to Albion to chase a Div 2 flag. Tarneit won’t recruit anyone big after the Turner debacle. Elso has already used up all his connections getting Wyndham Vale’s 2s players to the club paying them over the top money. Albanvale should hold most of their list and have room to recruit 1 or 2 more better players. Wyndham have signed all their Manor Lakes players for next year plus a few more which looking at their form in the second half will hold them in good stead.

Braybrook, Laverton and North Sunshine won’t do any damage come finals.
Glenorden will go ok in divvy 2 next year if they have a side. Albanvale and Sunny Heights would have went alright as well. I watched a few divvy 2 games, its not massive jump. not like divvy 2 to divvy 1. I'd be aiming for finals if i was the Hawks.

Glenorden will go ok in divvy 2 next year if they have a side. Albanvale and Sunny Heights would have went alright as well. I watched a few divvy 2 games, its not massive jump. not like divvy 2 to divvy 1. I'd be aiming for finals if i was the Hawks.
Especially with Yarraville going up and Albion coming down, Newport/Parkside/PCC validate your point, the gap isn't that great, you have Wyndhamvale that should be a class above but the other 7 will be pretty close

Silly season starts now and next year is all about who stays, who goes and who comes in. Really we have no idea what teams will look like, does Glenorden have the cash to keep the team together, same as Albanvale and Sunny Heights.

Suns will be better next year, they had a bit of a correction year like SL Sharks the a couple years before they won the flag then built into a flag. Sometimes you need to sit back with what you have and keep money in the bank. Tarneit is a concern I reckon they will need a year to back off before another crack, the bonus they have is U18s in 2020 and a full book of Juniors under that, not sure about the coach though.

Manor Lakes will play next season, don't think they will pay players or will only pay a small amount, they will learn and have a slow build, give them 2-3 seasons though and they will be competing for Div 3 flag.

Where are all you blokes gone? We even tried to make the game close with 3 send offs
Here’s to cobras mad Monday and singing we had a bad day... enjoy boys 🍻

Not one player was payed at Glenorden.
Only paid incentives to best players every week.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Great Model, the same way Ammos get around not paying players but having high incentives. I'm a fan as it rewards players for playing well and not just turning up and getting paid the same each week.

Did the club cover fees to entice a few players to commit and really if the club paid out 1500-2K in incentives per week it means you are paying out 30-40K a year. It got you the flag which is a great result and shows that incentives rather than guaranteed cash can work outside the Ammos.

Interesting game of football today. If albanvale mids get it going and turn it on with the likes of Taylor,Cameron and Backus I think they will be too much to handle. Depending on what Albanvale turns up today will decide their fate.

My winners for the day will be
Seniors: Cobras by 60
Reserves: Tarneit by 15
Parking Inspectors by $3500
Did anyone else receive a parking fine?

I got one for "parking on a nature strip" on Butler Street. I'm going to successfully argue that a nature strip is a piece of publicly owned land between the front boundary of a house or other building and the street.

For those familiar with the area that I parked (alongside a plethora of other cars), this particular area is off road but there is no front boundary of a house or other building.

It appears the revenue-raising ticket inspectors knew they'd have no leg to stand on by giving a ticket for "parking in a no standing zone" or similar, because there were no signs erected anywhere in this area, so instead they have tried to take the piss by pretending I have parked on a nature strip.

I'm hoping there are others who parked in the same spot. If so, you'd be silly to pay the fine and should be contesting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back