WRFL Division 3 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi I'm looking to move in to area in Williams Landing or Altona Meadows next year and looking for a football and cricket team, around that area to support

Laverton has a great cricket and football setup.
Truganina will not be to far away

Hi I'm looking to move in to area in Williams Landing or Altona Meadows next year and looking for a football and cricket team, around that area to support

Hi there. There are 4 WRFL clubs close by - Altona Vikings and Point Cook Bulldogs in division 1, Point Cook Centrals Sharks in division 2 and Laverton Magpies in division 3. All also have cricket teams. Altona play in the subbies, while Point Cook, Sanctuary Lakes Sharks (who share grounds with Point Cook Centrals) and Laverton play in the VTCA.

My brother used to live across the road from Laverton about 20 years ago...there was always a lot of trouble with both the football club and the cricket club back then.

I have friends who play or support Altona, Point Cook and Point Cook Centrals - all sound like good clubs with a great family-friendly culture. I would recommend any of those 3.

Hi there. There are 4 WRFL clubs close by - Altona Vikings and Point Cook Bulldogs in division 1, Point Cook Centrals Sharks in division 2 and Laverton Magpies in division 3. All also have cricket teams. Altona play in the subbies, while Point Cook, Sanctuary Lakes Sharks (who share grounds with Point Cook Centrals) and Laverton play in the VTCA.

My brother used to live across the road from Laverton about 20 years ago...there was always a lot of trouble with both the football club and the cricket club back then.

I have friends who play or support Altona, Point Cook and Point Cook Centrals - all sound like good clubs with a great family-friendly culture. I would recommend any of those 3.
Give it a rinse mate.. obviously don’t like Laverton? 20 years ago there would of been plenty of trouble at any club

100% dunno what the footy club is like these days but from all reports going the same way as cricket and I know smitty has cleaned the cricket club up 10 fold

I can talk from the cricket clubs point of view, there has been a large turnover of players from where we were about 2-3 years back and there has been a large turnover of personnel at the footy club so things have cleaned up that sense.

The football clubs decision to introduce senior women’s football and re introduce junior football are a couple of the best decisions the clubs ever made.

But things are on the up and up for both clubs and with the right decisions being made going forward hopefully some success can come to fruition.

A successful Laverton will be great for both codes in the west!!

So will Manor Lakes pop up in 3rd Div of will they stay in Div 2?

Will Glen Orden go up or will they stay down due to either player loss or money?

Will Div 3 be 7 or 8 teams in 2020?
LOL. Seven or eight teams?

There were eight teams in 2019, and you have suggested the possibility of Glen Orden remaining in Division three and Manor Lakes returning through Division three. If one or both of those happen, there will either be nine or ten teams.

LOL. Seven or eight teams?

There were eight teams in 2019, and you have suggested the possibility of Glen Orden remaining in Division three and Manor Lakes returning through Division three. If one or both of those happen, there will either be nine or ten teams.

You can count right?

If Hawks go up that’s seven, if Manor Lakes do rejoin that’s eight.

So will there be seven?
Or eight?

So will Manor Lakes pop up in 3rd Div of will they stay in Div 2?

Will Glen Orden go up or will they stay down due to either player loss or money?

Will Div 3 be 7 or 8 teams in 2020?
I reckon Manor Lakes will stay out of the competition in 2020, if they are smart they should and build a sustainable club from the ground up. They have 3 junior sides in 2019 build this to 4-5 in 2020, keep your senior women ticking along, become the destination club for good female seniors and most importantly build a bank. Sit back and wait a few years for clubs around you to go through the same, it will happen and then start again once all debt is cleared and good cash in the bank.

Senior aren't needed at clubs these days, they are a massive cash drain on clubs and lets face it not many juniors actually progress to play senior at the same club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glen Orden are confirmed Div 2.

Manor Lakes won’t return.

Word on the street is WRFL are 100% going with the Flexi-points system this year.

Teams who finished last will get access to the full cap, grand finalists will only allowed to 40 points on game day.

Word on the street is WRFL are 100% going with the Flexi-points system this year.

Teams who finished last will get access to the full cap, grand finalists will only allowed to 40 points on game day.
Word isn't on the street. Points allowance is on WRFL web page.

Interesting.

The issue I see with that is, yes it may advantage "less competitive" teams in the seniors, but it disadvantages them in the reserves. If a team suddenly has a lower salary cap, they'll find themselves being forced to drop senior players worth more than one point and play them in the reserves. It doesn't take an Einstein to figure out that this will strengthen the more competitive reserves teams.

Interesting.

The issue I see with that is, yes it may advantage "less competitive" teams in the seniors, but it disadvantages them in the reserves. If a team suddenly has a lower salary cap, they'll find themselves being forced to drop senior players worth more than one point and play them in the reserves. It doesn't take an Einstein to figure out that this will strengthen the more competitive reserves teams.

Recruit and retain. Build a culture were people aren't constantly leaving and your 4 pointers will become 1 pointers

Interesting.

Coz no one cheats the salary cap

Recruit and retain. Build a culture were people aren't constantly leaving and your 4 pointers will become 1 pointers

Agree invest in the best players you can find and retain them each year and points will Go down and eventually they before a one point player

Most of these 5 pointers they sign are guns from AFL or another league and around 33 years old. By the time they're 1 pointers they are finished.
They are often club hoppers carrying points that far outweigh their abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back