WRFL Division 3 2020

u watched div1 reserves football? I’ve seen a lot of blokes who won’t crack into a top div3 side. The ones that do in my opinion won’t make a big difference.
Some of braybrook recruits from cs 2nds will struggle with the pace and physicality of senior footy. I wish them the best but time will tell of how way off my post is.
A lot of blokes that won div 2 flags end up playing reserves. Reckon there's plenty in that comp that would be very good div 3 seniors. Not all, but the better sides have a heap.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Blokes that are capable of playing Div 1 seniors shouldn’t be lowering themselves to Div 3 and wasting years of their footy at a level they are far better than.

Of course clubs will always take them but I’ve never understood this thinking in players.

The better half of Altonas ressies team would walk into any Div 3 senior team. The bottom few in all div 3 senior teams are generally pretty average at best and there is always a couple on 1 pointers that make the grade purely because they are 1 point And the clubs are tight

Great2splayer

All Australian
Nov 1, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Blokes that are capable of playing Div 1 seniors shouldn’t be lowering themselves to Div 3 and wasting years of their footy at a level they are far better than.

Of course clubs will always take them but I’ve never understood this thinking in players.

The better half of Altonas ressies team would walk into any Div 3 senior team. The bottom few in all div 3 senior teams are generally pretty average at best and there is always a couple on 1 pointers that make the grade purely because they are 1 point And the clubs are tight

Everyone has different motivations for playing footy.

Some want to play at the highest level they can and others are happy to play at a lower level and maybe get paid.

WSFC

Rookie
Dec 3, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Everyone has different motivations for playing footy.

Some want to play at the highest level they can and others are happy to play at a lower level and maybe get paid.
And maybe some actually like the club they are whiling to play at
Got family or friends there
alot of different reasons
End of the day you just want to enjoy what your doing

PenAndPaper

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Plenty of reasons players might want to play at a Div 3 club:
1. Proximity
2. Friends/family playing at that club
3. Playing at that club for years
4. Playing juniors at the club
5. Getting guaranteed money for senior games in Div 3 when they might not play a heap of seniors games in Div 1
6. Work commitments

Most blokes that play footy at some point wanted to play AFL (the absolute pinnacle of the sport), some realise earlier than others that they aren't going to make AFL. That doesn't mean that they think DIV 1 footy is any better than Div 3 in the grand scheme of things with both being so far from their ultimate dream that they know they will never make it anyway, so why not just have some fun?

TheBoss78

Senior List
Jan 7, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Plenty of reasons players might want to play at a Div 3 club:
1. Proximity
2. Friends/family playing at that club
3. Playing at that club for years
4. Playing juniors at the club
5. Getting guaranteed money for senior games in Div 3 when they might not play a heap of seniors games in Div 1
6. Work commitments

Most blokes that play footy at some point wanted to play AFL (the absolute pinnacle of the sport), some realise earlier than others that they aren't going to make AFL. That doesn't mean that they think DIV 1 footy is any better than Div 3 in the grand scheme of things with both being so far from their ultimate dream that they know they will never make it anyway, so why not just have some fun?
I think the other main one is some blokes just don’t want to always play in the higher levels. You have to have the desire to do it and not everyone has that. Sounds like Matt you never had that option and will never understand

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I think the other main one is some blokes just don’t want to always play in the higher levels. You have to have the desire to do it and not everyone has that. Sounds like Matt you never had that option and will never understand

😂🥱

Avg at best

Team Captain
Aug 27, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Good to see Lavo’s numbers improving. Seems they are out of danger of folding. Just need North Sunny to do the same.

As much as people bag them no one wants to see clubs fold
Same every year with Laverton, always talk of folding with no numbers etc and they always seem to pull two sides together just weeks before the season starts.

GrumpyOldMan_NC

Monday's Expert
Feb 1, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
I hear on the hopsvine (wine gives me a shocking hangover) that the other premiership winning coach at Yarraville (development team this time) has also been moved on and is moving to Braybrook as well. Is this just fevered hallucinations on my part or has anybody else heard this?

GrumpyOldMan_NC

Monday's Expert
Feb 1, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Well judging by your avatar you're going to hear things way before anyone else...
I knew I should have used the standard acoustic early warning set instead of the 'lites' 😂🤣😃😄
b4radar-6.jpg

Marnie12

Debutant
Jan 14, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
I hear on the hopsvine (wine gives me a shocking hangover) that the other premiership winning coach at Yarraville (development team this time) has also been moved on and is moving to Braybrook as well. Is this just fevered hallucinations on my part or has anybody else heard this?
Coaching Altona 18s u will find

GrumpyOldMan_NC

Monday's Expert
Feb 1, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Are they talking about nipper or last years reserve coach
Nipper been at Altona last few years

is yarra reserve coach moving to thebrookers

The 'rock solid' info I heard was about last year's premiership reserves coach. Maybe we're confusing Yarraville reserve coaches.

TheBoss78

Senior List
Jan 7, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The 'rock solid' info I heard was about last year's premiership reserves coach. Maybe we're confusing Yarraville reserve coaches.
I would make the assumption then that it’s Ian Fox as he was reserves coach for 3 years or so at Altona and won the premiership two years ago and was one of Saadis assists plus they did just sign his son so would make sense

Back