WRFL Division 3 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

It is going to be extremely hard for a lot of players to get the motivation and fitness back for 2021. There is a real chance that the player pool could drop dramatically for next year. Some clubs won't have the players to field sides in 2021.
It is why work with the WRFL needs to start now in planning 2021. Cancelling the 2020 season provides that opportunity that must be taken.

Restrictions for pre season ad the season proper will not be know as yet, that is already fluid almost weekly.

However, salary caps can be set, clubs can approach their players and provide feedback as to probable player numbers for 2021 given both what Wickers has raised and reduced salary caps. Then with leadership the WRFL the format of the competition can be set and that may even result in 2 divisions or changes over the 3 divisions.

Lets hope there is good leadership and direction from the WRFL

Just to confirm rumors. Are some or alot of the Braybrook players recruitment last year contracted till the end of 2021?

Yes, they are.

I reckon clubs need to take a real cautious approach in 2021, we are still going to have a number of restrictions which will effect revenue, add into that sponsorship will be down.

Can't believe the WRFL dropped Div 1 cap but left Div 2 and 3 the same.

I reckon clubs need to take a real cautious approach in 2021, we are still going to have a number of restrictions which will effect revenue, add into that sponsorship will be down.

Going on Afl no preseason till January season to start may/ June next year unfortunately local footy will not start until a vaccine is found

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair call, actually quite surprised too. Then again, looking at other comparable leagues/division I think the league made the right call.

EDFL Div 3 is now 70k... There’s an argument if the WRFL reduced the 50k salary cap to half or 3/4 a portion of the talented players may leave (presuming clubs could afford to pay the cap in EDFL).

If anything, Div 3 WRFL should be a better standard again in 2021 if clubs can afford the cap.

Players in Div 1 & 2 are taking cuts and others are not going to get paid at all - Div 3 will likely capitalise & snag some players from these divisions.

Any word out of Tarneit I heard they have a coach and will be announcing soon.

Fair call, actually quite surprised too. Then again, looking at other comparable leagues/division I think the league made the right call.

EDFL Div 3 is now 70k... There’s an argument if the WRFL reduced the 50k salary cap to half or 3/4 a portion of the talented players may leave (presuming clubs could afford to pay the cap in EDFL).

If anything, Div 3 WRFL should be a better standard again in 2021 if clubs can afford the cap.

Players in Div 1 & 2 are taking cuts and others are not going to get paid at all - Div 3 will likely capitalise & snag some players from these divisions.

Any word out of Tarneit I heard they have a coach and will be announcing soon.
Let's be honest not many clubs playing Div 3 WRFL or even Div 2 would be in a strong enough financial position to pay 70K even at 50K you wouldn't think many clubs can afford to pay that in 2021. More importantly sustain that level for a number of year.

Let's be honest not many clubs playing Div 3 WRFL or even Div 2 would be in a strong enough financial position to pay 70K even at 50K you wouldn't think many clubs can afford to pay that in 2021. More importantly sustain that level for a number of year.

Doesnt mean they still won’t spend it and wordy about it later

Anyone excited really exciting about the 2021 season?! I can see it being very competitive and strong season with Tarneit, Heights, Wyndham, Braybrook and Albanvale being the highlights.
Also who thinks that there should be more relegation within the WRFL? Teams seem to stay within their Divisions year on end and don't actually get put down a division regardless of how many wooden spoons they recieve. Having more relegations would make each division more exciting and differentiation compared to the situation we have now where we playing the same teams each year over and over again. only change being a club goes up a division through winning the granny or voluntarily drops down.

With what has happened this season div 2 and div 3 may have to merge like they did with the introduction of div 3. Play everyone once and split again. Some div 2 sides may not be even div 3 finals standard. That’s assuming local footy happens in 2021

Anyone excited really exciting about the 2021 season?! I can see it being very competitive and strong season with Tarneit, Heights, Wyndham, Braybrook and Albanvale being the highlights.
Also who thinks that there should be more relegation within the WRFL? Teams seem to stay within their Divisions year on end and don't actually get put down a division regardless of how many wooden spoons they recieve. Having more relegations would make each division more exciting and differentiation compared to the situation we have now where we playing the same teams each year over and over again. only change being a club goes up a division through winning the granny or voluntarily drops down.
What planet you been on goose ? Name the sides in division 1/2 that have stayed up when received wooden spoon ?

Yep Nth Footscray stayed in Div 2 when they won the flag and I believe Wyndhamvale stayed in Div 1 due to that
Parkside also which triggered a lot of debate.
from memory Altona did it years ago and Deer Park also but I do stand to be corrected on the latter 2.

Parkside also which triggered a lot of debate.
from memory Altona did it years ago and Deer Park also but I do stand to be corrected on the latter 2.

History shows a club can stay down once. Should a club win the flag again then they have to go up.

Suns pick up Todd Lawrie from Tarneit for 2021.

Good get.

Suns looking really strong, surely a few others have gone along with him. Are Tarneit having a spring clean/garage sale? Hopefully some pickups have come there way.
Suns surely have a chance for the flag next year. We'll wait and see however.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back