WRFL Division 3 2020

footyking74

Draftee
Sep 7, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Surely Jago, Baumgartner, Halapio (obvious signs he's going to Suns just by the comments over fb), Lawrie and some existing and tba contracted players wouldn't go or stay at the suns for nothing. Suns have definitely opened the checkbook here, it looks pretty obvious that they want to win the 2021 granny and spending big to get there.

footyking74

Draftee
Sep 7, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
but with dean cachia as coach and the great young players it’s the place to go . With Covid 19 I don’t think any clubs will spend big for 2 or 3 seasons

Wickers18

Team Captain
Nov 23, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Surely Jago, Baumgartner, Halapio (obvious signs he's going to Suns just by the comments over fb), Lawrie and some existing and tba contracted players wouldn't go or stay at the suns for nothing. Suns have definitely opened the checkbook here, it looks pretty obvious that they want to win the 2021 granny and spending big to get there.

Good luck to them if they have the coin and the space in player points, why not have a crack. Those 4 you mention will not only cost $$$$ but also take up a fair chunk of your match day player points.

Big Bitch

Draftee
Dec 13, 2019
AFL Club
Geelong

if you think that Max has anything to do with the DeBurner account you are wrong and obviously don’t know Max at all. Max is no longer involved at any football club and he would never speak about any footy club in a bad way. He doesn’t have a Big Footy account either. So please get your facts straight before you place blame on someone that hasn’t said or done anything!

footyking74

Draftee
Sep 7, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
if you think that Max has anything to do with the DeBurner account you are wrong and obviously don’t know Max at all. Max is no longer involved at any football club and he would never speak about any footy club in a bad way. He doesn’t have a Big Footy account either. So please get your facts straight before you place blame on someone that hasn’t said or done anything!

DeBurner

Senior List
Dec 4, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Justin Palmer is a good get for a coach for them though. If anyone is going to see them return to the finals it’ll be him.

Bigballer92

Debutant
Nov 15, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Good luck to them if they have the coin and the space in player points, why not have a crack. Those 4 you mention will not only cost $$$$ but also take up a fair chunk of your match day player points.
Fingers crossed player points are actually enforced and the WRFL actually takes a stand when a breach occurs, rather than just wear the blame like they usually do.

Great2splayer

All Australian
Nov 1, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Last edited:

footyking74

Draftee
Sep 7, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond

Attachments

• 19150582-8203-4AF1-A2A1-A37CA850F362.png
    19150582-8203-4AF1-A2A1-A37CA850F362.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 124

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I’m sure the Suns team know the points system well. They drove #SanctuaryGate back in 2017 from memory.

Good luck to the Suns I say, if you go for it, go for it. As Apollo would say - THERE IS NO TOMORROW

They had absolutely zero to do with that In anyway, rubbish call mate

Suns would have at least 10-12 one pointers, points won’t be close to an issue

Great2splayer

All Australian
Nov 1, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
They had absolutely zero to do with that In anyway, rubbish call mate

Suns would have at least 10-12 one pointers, points won’t be close to an issue

Yes they did, if it wasn’t for them Sanctuary Lakes wouldn’t have been exposed. The detail was magnificent. Not bagging them, actually applauding their efforts.

Unfortunately it didn’t make a difference in the end and Sanctuary Lakes won the Cup.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yes they did, if it wasn’t for them Sanctuary Lakes wouldn’t have been exposed. The detail was magnificent. Not bagging them, actually applauding their efforts.

Unfortunately it didn’t make a difference in the end and Sanctuary Lakes won the Cup.

Oh you mean the reporting of it, thought was was pretty poor myself but no point living in the past.

Centrals have proven more than an adequate Div 2 team when I doubt anyone else would have at that stage

ave_mid

Senior List
Nov 18, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
With DM at the Suns they are not opening the cheque book

Whole club has done a great job at a reset back to original plan and look in a good position buy local footy will be a struggle for a few years I think

Cheque books are so old school those sacks of cash are real

Wickers18

Team Captain
Nov 23, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
How Does a canteen lady take 5k from a club, just curious.
A lot of clubs pay people to run things like your canteen, bloody hard gig, being there from 9am-7pm every second Saturday and if you have Juniors 7am-5pm every Sunday add in meals on Thursdays if clubs do this, not sure about the amount but pretty important that you biggest revenue earner outside sponsors is manned effectively.

A lot of clubs also pay people to get sponsors usually a percentage on what they bring in. These days you have your committee and a couple of people outside them that will help the club, it is a real shame but clubs don't have the volunteers anymore that they need to run a club.

In fact a lot of clubs now sub-let the canteen to third parties to run because they can't get the volunteers to run. They get an annual fee from the contractor and don't have to worry about the canteen.

Would you work 20-25 hours a week for free, the people that run canteens deserve every cent they get and contribute more to a club than any senior player that pulls money out off the club.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
A lot of clubs pay people to run things like your canteen, bloody hard gig, being there from 9am-7pm every second Saturday and if you have Juniors 7am-5pm every Sunday add in meals on Thursdays if clubs do this, not sure about the amount but pretty important that you biggest revenue earner outside sponsors is manned effectively.

A lot of clubs also pay people to get sponsors usually a percentage on what they bring in. These days you have your committee and a couple of people outside them that will help the club, it is a real shame but clubs don't have the volunteers anymore that they need to run a club.

In fact a lot of clubs now sub-let the canteen to third parties to run because they can't get the volunteers to run. They get an annual fee from the contractor and don't have to worry about the canteen.

Would you work 20-25 hours a week for free, the people that run canteens deserve every cent they get and contribute more to a club than any senior player that pulls money out off the club.
Put in more than that for

I volunteer my time and I put in more than 18 hrs a week.
And i don't want 1 cent, I'd rather see it go towards the club.

Wickers18

Team Captain
Nov 23, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Put in more than that for

I volunteer my time and I put in more than 18 hrs a week.
And i don't want 1 cent, I'd rather see it go towards the club.
That is you and your club is very fortunate to have a volunteer like you involved in your club. Unfortunately a lot of clubs don't have enough people like you and that is sincere, clubs just don't have enough volunteers, keep doing what you do for your club.

Why delete your initial post and change your handle, if you want to put up stuff like that you hear on the grapevine you need to own it.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
That is you and your club is very fortunate to have a volunteer like you involved in your club. Unfortunately a lot of clubs don't have enough people like you and that is sincere, clubs just don't have enough volunteers, keep doing what you do for your club.

Why delete your initial post and change your handle, if you want to put up stuff like that you hear on the grapevine you need to own it.
Nothing to hear, we have seen the evidence..

Great2splayer

All Australian
Nov 1, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
3 new recruits at 4 points each wanna have a heap of 1 pointers

Hearing there is more mate.

It’s great for the Division and I love the fact more clubs are now advertising signings and recruits.

Particularly in a time like this making announcements and engaging with your footy community is so important. Brings smiles to those around. Great to see.

Back