WRFL Division 3 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

These days time is valuable, living expenses are higher than they have ever been. So if you as a coach/club expect players to train 2 nights a week, play sat and all the lil things in between (Sunday recovery,dinners,team meeting ect) expect to pay.
Times have changed mate no more back in my day bla bla bla
You will still find your play for nothing blokes but realistically if you want to be competitive you need to spend money to attract good footballers.
clubs just need to be smart and not pay overs and recruit blokes who have good track records.
just like society has evolved so has local football get with the program you small footed dinosaur 😜

No problems with blokes getting money just not in div 3.

Always thought that and will never change

If blokes think they are good enough to get paid to play go and challenge yourself instead of getting easy kicks in div 3 then leaving at the first chance

3/4 of the blokes teams pay to play div 3 won’t hand around to play div 2 even if they say they will or are contracted.

And sorry I don’t coo that time is more valuable now crap mate. Society just thinks differently

I am all for clubs paying what they want for players
It’s up to the clubs to choose the right players to pay
Players who could add value long term
Players who can help the club progress
Always gonna be those one year players who take and leave, so be smart don’t allow them to the club

did you have paid players when your coached
What budgets were you given to build a core side

Yeah I did but in all years I coached the club I was at never spent more than 25k and that was in div2, we spent half that in div3 and I’m happy to admit we paid blokes money I now wouldn’t give 50cents and a dimmy.

There some absolute mercenaries out there, and yes I did use them that are simply no good for clubs and are ruining it year by year by chasing cash they know some team desperate to win will give them that they do not deserve due to s**t attitude and effort. And when/if things don’t work out they are First out the door when it gets hard making crap excuses why they need to leave.

Last edited:

These days time is valuable, living expenses are higher than they have ever been. So if you as a coach/club expect players to train 2 nights a week, play sat and all the lil things in between (Sunday recovery,dinners,team meeting ect) expect to pay.
You will still find your play for nothing blokes but realistically if you want to be competitive you need to spend money to attract good footballers.
clubs just need to be smart and not pay overs and recruit blokes who have good track records.
just like society has evolved so has local football get with the program you small footed dinosaur 😜
Well said.

Jeez what ever happened to playing to game because you love it and want to have a kick with a group of mates. Have social interaction and make some mates. Keeping fit with a group of mates, getting away from the misses and have a somewhere to go

Understand what you are saying but if money wasnt in local football 80 percent of players would still be playing.

No problems with blokes getting money just not in div 3.

Always thought that and will never change

If blokes think they are good enough to get paid to play go and challenge yourself instead of getting easy kicks in div 3 then leaving at the first chance

3/4 of the blokes teams pay to play div 3 won’t hand around to play div 2 even if they say they will or are contracted.

And sorry I don’t coo that time is more valuable now crap mate. Society just thinks differently
Seriously, life's hard enough these days with skyrocketing bills and whatever taxes and s**t people have to put up with these days. If someone offers you say $300 to play a game of footy whether its divvy 1,2,3 or 10 you're a dickhead if you don't take it. Whack that on your house payments in the few years you're playing footy. if you wouldn't take that Mattdougie there's something wrong with you.

Seriously, life's hard enough these days with skyrocketing bills and whatever taxes and s**t people have to put up with these days. If someone offers you say $300 to play a game of footy whether its divvy 1,2,3 or 10 you're a dickhead if you don't take it. Whack that on your house payments in the few years you're playing footy. if you wouldn't take that Mattdougie there's something wrong with you.

I never said guys shouldn’t take offers I just said at that level the offers shouldn’t be there there for that much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeez what ever happened to playing to game because you love it and want to have a kick with a group of mates. Have social interaction and make some mates. Keeping fit with a group of mates, getting away from the misses and have a somewhere to go

Understand what you are saying but if money wasnt in local football 80 percent of players would still be playing.
Have always said that... 80-90% of footballers from the AFL down would still play footy if there was no money on offer, in fact they’d pay $10 each week for umpires!
You only have to look at blokes playing super rules... all have families and yet none of them get paid and they keep playing, pay for umpires and pay there membership!

Have always said that... 80-90% of footballers from the AFL down would still play footy if there was no money on offer, in fact they’d pay $10 each week for umpires!
You only have to look at blokes playing super rules... all have families and yet none of them get paid and they keep playing, pay for umpires and pay there membership!
Good point

And you would have players pushing to play at the highest level they can and not just playing in lower divisions to cash in.

Different generation of men playing supers not today blokes that believe they DESERVE to be paid to play

Thoughts on a 9 game season with a $12.5k salary cap?
Done deal. Half cap, pro rata is 12.5k
max - assuming a Jul start. At best. Playing for incentives. So refreshing. All good. Braybrook to win flag in truncated season. What’s not to love?

Will not happen Afl looking to start end July with no crowds plus half clubs still owe WRFL affiliation fees see you all in 2021
Still think this is most likely. Where will you be in 2021 Jerry, still with Deer Park or one of the div 2 clubs or div 3?

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back