WRFL Division 3 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can someone check BigFooty's pulse? Grab a defibrillator! This site is almost officially dead....

That's because you killed it with your constant anti lavo crap

Far out the Lavo Magpie only made a comment and cops a whack straight away. Bit unfair I think, as it does seem to have gone quite.
I asked a couple of questions on 2 players new to the brokers and didn't get 1 reply. Oh well at least he post got your attention Josh.

All the best to you both.

Far out the Lavo Magpie only made a comment and cops a whack straight away. Bit unfair I think, as it does seem to have gone quite.
I asked a couple of questions on 2 players new to the brokers and didn't get 1 reply. Oh well at least he post got your attention Josh.

All the best to you both.
Josh's gets bored easy and he gets to feel important on big footy haha

Some really good games this week
Tarneit v Newport
I'm tipping Newport just in s**t weather at there ground thay are Heros an hunt in packs.
North sunny v sunny heights
I reckon north sunny just in a hard at it contest.
Park side v braybrook
Parkside easy sneeking under the rader don't seem to be playing there same senior team weekly just playing now with divi 3 I reckon will win the comp.
Lavo v San lakes
San lakes to smash them to many pea hearts at Lavo who choose when thay want to play there guns are always out an could really change the club if thay pulled there thay have the right guys behind the scenes now thay need there players to step up

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wel how does a game get called off?

I played in the game. Throughout the first half Newport had multiple 50m penalties paid against them because of ill-discipline after free kicks were given (they basically wouldn't stop questioning or talking back to the umpire after the frees were paid).
Come the third quarter - after a free was paid Tarneit's way - spectators abused the umpire, with one threatening the umpire (I'm not entirely sure what was said; may have been a reference to needing security after the game and/or a gun). The umpire then paid a free against Newport because of it, so Newport players - as led by their midfield - told all their players to walk off the field to stop the game because they didn't want to play anymore. Because of Newport walking off, the game got called.

There were no cheapies, or spot fires or brawls all day; just an ill-disciplined Newport side who just couldn't stop talking back or questioning the umps after every free kick was paid, even after being told repeatedly by the umps that they wouldn't cop that.

Last edited:
I played in the game. Throughout the first half Newport had multiple 50m penalties paid against them because of ill-discipline after free kicks were given (they basically wouldn't stop questioning or talking back to the umpire after the frees were paid).
Come the third quarter - after a free was paid Tarneit's way - spectators abused the umpire, with one threatening the umpire (I'm not entirely sure what was said; may have been a reference to needing security after the game and/or a gun). The umpire then paid a free against Newport because of it, so Newport players - as led by their midfield - told all their players to walk off the field to stop the game because they didn't want to play anymore. Because of Newport walking off, the game got called.

There were no cheapies, or spot fires or brawls all day; just an ill-disciplined Newport side who just couldn't stop talking back or questioning the umps after every free kick was paid, even after being told repeatedly by the umps that they wouldn't cop that.
Poor sportsmanship in that case and a bunch of sooks. Umpires are there to do a job. They will make many mistakes but let's be honest it's division 3 reserves so I'm sure that some need a little perspective. Any player that played in that game will never play AFL (no offence meant just being realistic) yet it appears the Newport players feel they are deserving of AFL standard umpiring! Whomever made the call to walk off should be taken to task and suspended for being a complete dickhead.

Umpires are there to do a job. They will make many mistakes but let's be honest it's division 3 reserves so I'm sure that some need a little perspective.

What kind of adds to it all annoyingly, is that the frees and 50m penalties being paid were all there - Newport players just could not seem to put a lid on it whenever a free was paid against them.

The umpiring we had was legitimately arguably the best there's been all year, made more impressive when you consider the terrible conditions would've made it harder to officiate.

Poor sportsmanship in that case and a bunch of sooks. Umpires are there to do a job. They will make many mistakes but let's be honest it's division 3 reserves so I'm sure that some need a little perspective. Any player that played in that game will never play AFL (no offence meant just being realistic) yet it appears the Newport players feel they are deserving of AFL standard umpiring! Whomever made the call to walk off should be taken to task and suspended for being a complete dickhead.
That last line is brilliant.

That would have to be the captain and/or coach I guess as they would surely be responsible. Where was the President during all this as he wouldn't be impressed after all his hard work to get the club going again.
If what is said is true (and I don't doubt it) the league needs to come down hard. Umpires CANNOT be threatened in any way. That's just unacceptable to most good footy followers, and it's bloody reserves div3. I'm hearing the club is concerned it might be all over red rover.. Very disapointing for the President and the senior coach..
I would suspend them all for the season or longer and allow the senior players to move on as clearances still open for another week..Just my thoughts, but I wasn't there..

I never said brawls Just making players in packs no they were on the ground, no need for that in footy,either good enough or not!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back