WRFL Division 3 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would have to be the captain and/or coach I guess as they would surely be responsible. Where was the President during all this as he wouldn't be impressed after all his hard work to get the club going again.
If what is said is true (and I don't doubt it) the league needs to come down hard. Umpires CANNOT be threatened in any way. That's just unacceptable to most good footy followers, and it's bloody reserves div3. I'm hearing the club is concerned it might be all over red rover.. Very disapointing for the President and the senior coach..
I would suspend them all for the season or longer and allow the senior players to move on as clearances still open for another week..Just my thoughts, but I wasn't there..
I think all the the clubs should get together and tell them not to show up because we won't be there! Just boycot the club completely as we don't want or need violence in football!

What are peoples thoughts of rockbank rejoining the wrfl ?
Are seriously struggling in the rdfl , there last 3 games total losing points margin is nearly 700 points.
They have only kicked two goals in the last 3 games.
Perhaps a fresh start against some equal opposition may start to give some hope back into the place ?

I played in the game. Throughout the first half Newport had multiple 50m penalties paid against them because of ill-discipline after free kicks were given (they basically wouldn't stop questioning or talking back to the umpire after the frees were paid).
Come the third quarter - after a free was paid Tarneit's way - spectators abused the umpire, with one threatening the umpire (I'm not entirely sure what was said; may have been a reference to needing security after the game and/or a gun). The umpire then paid a free against Newport because of it, so Newport players - as led by their midfield - told all their players to walk off the field to stop the game because they didn't want to play anymore. Because of Newport walking off, the game got called.

There were no cheapies, or spot fires or brawls all day; just an ill-disciplined Newport side who just couldn't stop talking back or questioning the umps after every free kick was paid, even after being told repeatedly by the umps that they wouldn't cop that.[/succor field isn't to far go play there soft utensils take the fall you'd are s**t

Are seriously struggling in the rdfl , there last 3 games total losing points margin is nearly 700 points.
Perhaps a fresh start against some equal opposition may start to give some hope back into the place ?
Great idea thay started in out comp let them rebuild

Was at the newport game, the utter rubbish that has been spoken on this forum is unbeliavable. The umpire in question seriously needs to have a look in the mirror. Respect all umpires and respect must be given to the umpires as they do a good job. Game in the reserves was played in good spirits. Hard slog with both teams showing good passages. its a pitty no one has mentioned the 70 point phumping newport gave to the top team in the comp. blokes that Came with limited pre
Season are the team to beat. No matter how much you knock them this is an outstanding performance. We really need to get off Newports back as the Martyn's and doing a fantastic job and that spit the put together is

Unfortunately they will struggle everywhere just through lack of locals?

Poor sportsmanship in that case and a bunch of sooks. Umpires are there to do a job. They will make many mistakes but let's be honest it's division 3 reserves so I'm sure that some need a little perspective. Any player that played in that game will never play AFL (no offence meant just being realistic) yet it appears the Newport players feel they are deserving of AFL standard umpiring! Whomever made the call to walk off should be taken to task and suspended for being a complete dickhead.
Thanks for your support Josh! Can we be mates? Haha

That would have to be the captain and/or coach I guess as they would surely be responsible. Where was the President during all this as he wouldn't be impressed after all his hard work to get the club going again.
If what is said is true (and I don't doubt it) the league needs to come down hard. Umpires CANNOT be threatened in any way. That's just unacceptable to most good footy followers, and it's bloody reserves div3. I'm hearing the club is concerned it might be all over red rover.. Very disapointing for the President and the senior coach..
I would suspend them all for the season or longer and allow the senior players to move on as clearances still open for another week..Just my thoughts, but I wasn't there..
I was told the president wasnt at the game due to work but wasnt happy niether was williams
They are trying to change the club but will take some time
There has been many games id have liked to have walked off
Its pathetic to be honest

Was at the newport game, the utter rubbish that has been spoken on this forum is unbeliavable. The umpire in question seriously needs to have a look in the mirror. Respect all umpires and respect must be given to the umpires as they do a good job. Game in the reserves was played in good spirits. Hard slog with both teams showing good passages. its a pitty no one has mentioned the 70 point phumping newport gave to the top team in the comp. blokes that Came with limited pre
Season are the team to beat. No matter how much you knock them this is an outstanding performance. We really need to get off Newports back as the Martyn's and doing a fantastic job and that spit the put together is
Shouldnt need to have a look in the mirror if you are being threatened
Maybe the people throwing the threats around should be
As a player they should of understood about the umpires being hot on the blower for abuse and kept mouths shut

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was told the president wasnt at the game due to work but wasnt happy niether was williams

Isn't it a new club apparently so how can they change?

First year ever of senior football and they need to "change"?

Hmmmmm

Like your work on BF mate. Agree as Williams is doing a great job from what I'm hearing. He won't tolerate that stuff and I assume their senior team is playing footy the right way. I guess he would have been concentrating on the seniors pre game during this time.
I still think the area of Newport has room for a footy club again, but was always going to be tough early to find 50+ senior footballers straight up, plus a seconds coach with experience in managing personal conflict. However I have no idea who is coaching the seconds so I'm kind of guessing that's the case...

Any truth in the rumor the league is looking at having 2 divisions only next year (no div 3)?? Heard this twice now from different people.. IMO it would be a very ordinary decision! Div 1 & 3 are very even and div 2 could be as well if 2 teams come up from div 3 next year as suggested earlier

I've read this thread for over 12 months and think the banter on here is the best going around. Keep up the good work.

I feel compelled to jump in here and speak from an umpires perspective. I umpired virtually all grades of WRFL football last season. There are some great clubs that get a bad wrap and some rubbish clubs that get a pass...but that's life.

After being threatened with violence many times last year by the crowd, I'll admit it can be tough to ignore. But the umpire has got to learn to forget what's going on in the crowd and just umpire the game. If anyone jumps the fence, the game is called off. But the moment that an umpire engages with the yobbos in the crowd, he's lost control.

That said, too often the 'victim' mentality among some clubs completly controlled the way they went about their football. As soon as we paid a borderline free kick, the team, the coach and the crowd would lose it. Teams would be on top, playing great football and one questionable decision later, the wheels came off. I've never seen anything like it and I've been around footy for a long time.

I can imagine this situation playing out and I am ashamed for everyone involved. The sooner players, fans and officials realise that umpires are just footy fans who love the game like they do, the better. I saw my share of unbelievable things in the WRFL last season but I am sure that it is my favourite place in Australia I've been involved in footy. The people are generally fantastic. It's just that the 'leaders' of too many clubs have an 'Us versus the World' mentality. It sounds like that mentality has reared its ugly head again.

Any truth in the rumor the league is looking at having 2 divisions only next year (no div 3)?? Heard this twice now from different people.. IMO it would be a very ordinary decision! Div 1 & 3 are very even and div 2 could be as well if 2 teams come up from div 3 next year as suggested earlier
Pretty sure that wont happen as the divide between div 1 and 2 is so great
And the divide of top div 2 and div 3
And then you put in lavo and braybrook even more
Main news is one div 1 up none down and 3 div 3 up and 1 div 2 down

Pretty sure that wont happen as the divide between div 1 and 2 is so great
And the divide of top div 2 and div 3
And then you put in lavo and braybrook even more
Main news is one div 1 up none down and 3 div 3 up and 1 div 2 down

Heard that too, that's makes sense but this new rumour is floating around. Div 2 is an uneven Comp and only three teams are contesting for the flag, the rest are making up the numbers

I've read this thread for over 12 months and think the banter on here is the best going around. Keep up the good work.

I feel compelled to jump in here and speak from an umpires perspective. I umpired virtually all grades of WRFL football last season. There are some great clubs that get a bad wrap and some rubbish clubs that get a pass...but that's life.

After being threatened with violence many times last year by the crowd, I'll admit it can be tough to ignore. But the umpire has got to learn to forget what's going on in the crowd and just umpire the game. If anyone jumps the fence, the game is called off. But the moment that an umpire engages with the yobbos in the crowd, he's lost control.

That said, too often the 'victim' mentality among some clubs completly controlled the way they went about their football. As soon as we paid a borderline free kick, the team, the coach and the crowd would lose it. Teams would be on top, playing great football and one questionable decision later, the wheels came off. I've never seen anything like it and I've been around footy for a long time.

I can imagine this situation playing out and I am ashamed for everyone involved. The sooner players, fans and officials realise that umpires are just footy fans who love the game like they do, the better. I saw my share of unbelievable things in the WRFL last season but I am sure that it is my favourite place in Australia I've been involved in footy. The people are generally fantastic. It's just that the 'leaders' of too many clubs have an 'Us versus the World' mentality. It sounds like that mentality has reared its ugly head again.

Sorry guys, but Chinese whispers make this situation a lot worse then what it was.....
Yes most of the free kicks were there, but how many times has a 50 been paid as soon as a player says 'what was that for?' I'm sure u have all done it and never had a 50 immediately paid.....

In regards to the threats, yeh he got called a few names but at no stage was a threat made, or a gun mentioned, he didn't even warn the coaching staff that if the crowed keeps abusing that he will pay free kicks, he automatically gave a free in the centre and paid a 50.....

And on the decision to leave the field, well it was better to leave the field with the heat at the point it was rather then It get out of hand with supporters and/or players, the tarneit coaching staff were spoken to after the game and even they were pretty disappointed with the umpiring standard and were good enough to tell Newport that they will be writing a report also in regards to the umpiring ......

Out of the 13 or so goals tarneit kicked, 8 were from direct 50s, some were there, but a majority Wernt, he was overuling the officiating umpire all day.......

2 supporters made comments that were heard from where I was, 1 of them was 'you white so and so'
And the other was 'go eat another Big Mac u so and so'
Pretty standard, have been hearing that for years

Sorry guys, but Chinese whispers make this situation a lot worse then what it was.....
Yes most of the free kicks were there, but how many times has a 50 been paid as soon as a player says 'what was that for?' I'm sure u have all done it and never had a 50 immediately paid.....

In regards to the threats, yeh he got called a few names but at no stage was a threat made, or a gun mentioned, he didn't even warn the coaching staff that if the crowed keeps abusing that he will pay free kicks, he automatically gave a free in the centre and paid a 50.....

And on the decision to leave the field, well it was better to leave the field with the heat at the point it was rather then It get out of hand with supporters and/or players, the tarneit coaching staff were spoken to after the game and even they were pretty disappointed with the umpiring standard and were good enough to tell Newport that they will be writing a report also in regards to the umpiring ......

Out of the 13 or so goals tarneit kicked, 8 were from direct 50s, some were there, but a majority Wernt, he was overuling the officiating umpire all day.......

2 supporters made comments that were heard from where I was, 1 of them was 'you white so and so'

Hey mate, just read your post and you seem pretty passionate. However let's put things in some perspective it's WRFL div3 reserves, not AFL. Your not going to get the best umpires, and like players playing WRFL div3 reserves they will make mistakes. There is no need to abuse umpires if this was the case. Imagine coaches abusing players for every dropped mark, missed tackle etc. Would you rather have volunteers umpiring your games which I think will be the decision going forward.
And it's not the coaches job to pull supporters in line as they have enough to worry about, but should be controlling the playing group. The president and commitee should control the supporters however that's not why people enrol as club volunteers.
Why do supporters abuse umpires in WRFL div3 reserves. Surely they need to get a life and do something better with their time. Umpires are human after all. Would you like to go to work and get abused? I don't think so.

The problem with that is that any umpire abuse shouldn't be tolerated. These umpires don't go out of their way to make 'wrong' decisions and go out of their way to do something a lot of people wouldn't want to do. You'd think after the first couple 50's players would just shut their mouths knowing what would happen...
So you've been hearing racial abuse for years and think that is fine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back