Beauty & Style Wrist Watch lovers

Remove this Banner Ad

outabounds

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 21, 2009
Lygon Street
AFL Club
Carlton
I know its kind of nerdy but I love watches. Do you wear one? What is you favorite? Here is mine. Its an Omega Speedmaster and I love it!

om.jpg

StickWithEars

Team Captain
Jul 20, 2008
Melb's West
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Western Athletics
Guilty here, although I've got to do a lot of saving get hold of a mechanical/automatic. That being said, your watch ticks a lot of boxes, very nice. I love the Chronograph style (dial geek!:D) but just have a couple of Swatch chronos which do the trick.

The Financial Review a couple of weeks ago had a wristwatch edition with all the top shelf brands (IWC, GP, JLC, PP and may others I'd never heard of) which had some killer timepieces worth the price of an Audi (and sometimes more).

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Zombie Lover BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
haven't worn one for years

I use the sun (not kidding)
or my car or phone

but yes I love the technology and used to collect clocks
and have quite a fetish for Astrolabes

outabounds

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 21, 2009
Lygon Street
AFL Club
Carlton
Guilty here, although I've got to do a lot of saving get hold of a mechanical/automatic. That being said, your watch ticks a lot of boxes, very nice. I love the Chronograph style (dial geek!:D) but just have a couple of Swatch chronos which do the trick.

The Financial Review a couple of weeks ago had a wristwatch edition with all the top shelf brands (IWC, GP, JLC, PP and may others I'd never heard of) which had some killer timepieces worth the price of an Audi (and sometimes more).

There are some reasonably affordable mechanical watches around. Check out Archimede from germany. A nice product that can be had for around the $5-600 mark.

Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
h24615331-hamilton-ventura-xxl-elvis-watch-large.jpg

That's mine.

Had 2-3 cheaper watches.

Went to Vegas last year, got sick, so didn't spend the $1,000 I had budgeted on gambling and strippers.

Saw that watch, modern version of the watch Elvis wore in Blue Hawaii, special anniversary limited edition.

I ****ing love it. Took me a while to get used to it, to be honest, and the black was different, but now it gives me a raging boner everytime i check the time.

outabounds

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 21, 2009
Lygon Street
AFL Club
Carlton
h24615331-hamilton-ventura-xxl-elvis-watch-large.jpg

That's mine.

Had 2-3 cheaper watches.

Went to Vegas last year, got sick, so didn't spend the $1,000 I had budgeted on gambling and strippers.

Saw that watch, modern version of the watch Elvis wore in Blue Hawaii, special anniversary limited edition.

I ****ing love it. Took me a while to get used to it, to be honest, and the black was different, but now it gives me a raging boner everytime i check the time.

A Hamilton! you certainly would get a lot of comments about that one.

Jul 11, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I like watches and have no idea why some gen y males consider wearing a watch to be 'NTTAWWTy' - it's just a damn watch, both genders wear, this 'stigma' is only something I've seen on big footy.

I prefer a simple look myself

471378_fpx.tif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ObaMartins

All Australian
Dec 22, 2008
London
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Newc. Utd, Parra Eels
rolex_115234_c.JPG

My Pop bought it second hand and gave it to me for my 18th.'Nothing classier than a good watch. He also gave me a pocketwatch that his father got for his 21st, over 100 years old.

20084497-01-FT-LL.jpg

Keep that one in the car to wear whenever I go for a surf.

Usually wear el cheapo replicas around most of the time.

Jul 11, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
rolex_115234_c.JPG

My Pop bought it second hand and gave it to me for my 18th.'Nothing classier than a good watch. He also gave me a pocketwatch that his father got for his 21st, over 100 years old.

20084497-01-FT-LL.jpg

Keep that one in the car to wear whenever I go for a surf.

Usually wear el cheapo replicas around most of the time.

Interested in seeing a pic of the pocket watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back