Beauty & Style Wrist Watch lovers

Remove this Banner Ad

The black colour, and the tachymeter markings (outside the glass). I kind of prefer a clean bezel, it's not that I don't like it exactly, it's just I'd prefer it not to look like that.

I'd probably overlook it happily at a cheaper price point, or if there was no other options for mechanical chronometers in the price range, if that makes sense.

I kinda get you, because I was always drawn to the SeaMaster range (still rocking my SM Aqua Terra 8500) because the Speedies feel SO busy and complicated.

But the more I look at it, the more I think you just go with it and embrace a classic. That bad mutha went to the MOON. It's awesome, and it's iconic, and anyone who has the slightest idea what they're looking at knows what it is.

Last edited:
The only thing really stopping me pursuing this seriously is I have no idea how to explain to my wife that this is worth 2-3 mortgage payments and I still want it:

blancpain-fifty-fathoms-black-5015-11C30-52.jpg

The only reason why I ask (and I know how OCD this is) is because the display box I have for my current watch is white suede and I don't like how it's getting dirty as I leave it open by my bedside. Does anyone know how or where I can go about getting a replacement box?
This guy sells boxes... sure others would too. I think you'd be hard pressed to buy a replacement box from omega.
http://www.ebay.ie/sch/sh-vintage-watches/m.html

Thank you! F me the prices for just a box are steep. What - the Rolex booklet is 19 pounds? Rolex boxes are $100+ Jesus.
Yeah it's a complete piss take. I'd say boxes are so valuable because of the impact not having it nor papers has on resale value.

Yeah it's a complete piss take. I'd say boxes are so valuable because of the impact not having it nor papers has on resale value.

Opted to just close my lid instead of buying a new one :p

I did have a giggle at that one :D

Opted to just close my lid instead of buying a new one :p

the box is about as useful as **** on a bull...the only time it comes in handy is when you want to sell the watch, it's always good to have the complete set when offloading. Have you thought of something other than Rolex? I guess it depends on your budget but there are better watches out there...and more unique too.

The only thing really stopping me pursuing this seriously is I have no idea how to explain to my wife that this is worth 2-3 mortgage payments and I still want it:

blancpain-fifty-fathoms-black-5015-11C30-52.jpg

:) I prefer the old one..so I found one! I don't like date at 430 or anywhere other than 3 for that matter, it's not aesthetically pleasing.

tff.jpg

Last edited:
Still loving my watch..bought it as a grad present to myself. A few marks on it but nothing major. Wish I could stop bumping into stuff. Here's my watch (when I first got it in October last year!)

no. you can get something just as good, if not better, for the same money or a little more. Try Longines, Montblanc or B&M...oh, Grand Seiko too. There is a Bell & Ross shop opening in Melbourne soon so you might want to check them out.

yes... $$$$$$$$$$$$

Don't like the design or don't like Tag Heuer? I really like the push buttons on the side and the overall balance of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the box is about as useful as **** on a bull...the only time it comes in handy is when you want to sell the watch, it's always good to have the complete set when offloading. Have you thought of something other than Rolex? I guess it depends on your budget but there are better watches out there...and more unique too.

I like the box because it's a nice feature on my bedside and us females are all about the visuals :p

I will admit I'm frustrated by the self winding battery on a Rolex because it requires so much wear. My old one went completely off when I didn't wear it for months (ok years.) Had to get it serviced! My current one is driving me up the wall because I wind it every second day.
What else do you suggest?Unfortunately I'm not a fan of the Cartier leather band, I don't like the faces of the Omega Constellations. The one I have now is probably the largest face they have.
I have found that Men's watches (especially the Speedmaster) have so much more to the design than females. The styles for female watches never really changes.

I like the box because it's a nice feature on my bedside and us females are all about the visuals :p

So shallow vonn :p I'll let it slide - this is the watch thread after all. Still chasing that IWC Portugieser...

I will admit I'm frustrated by the self winding battery on a Rolex because it requires so much wear. My old one went completely off when I didn't wear it for months (ok years.) Had to get it serviced! My current one is driving me up the wall because I wind it every second day.
What else do you suggest?Unfortunately I'm not a fan of the Cartier leather band, I don't like the faces of the Omega Constellations. The one I have now is probably the largest face they have.
I have found that Men's watches (especially the Speedmaster) have so much more to the design than females. The styles for female watches never really changes.

no self winding battery..it's a movement! don't even mention battery with automatic movements. I suggest you read watch-time, ABTW, AZFT or Hodinkee and find our more rather than worrying about names and movements.

Omega speedmaster was designed with one purpose and that's for NASA. Why don't you read up on JLC or Blancpain?! JLC make one of the most unique and collectable watches ever made, the reverso.

if you're buying watches for status and brand then you're buying for the wrong reason..

if you're buying watches for status and brand then you're buying for the wrong reason..
LOL Then 97% of the watching buying public is buying watches for the wrong reason.

LOL Then 97% of the watching buying public is buying watches for the wrong reason.

by that I mean luxury watches..97% aren't out there spending $6000+ on a timepiece, and I'd suggest that even less know anything about the mechanics and movements that the just spent their money on.

Srsly you don't need an expensive watch to tell you the time. Expensive watches are for status and because they look ******* awesome and because it gives pleasure to know that the materials and mechanics are super refined... Even though it doesn't make any difference to your life if one is a few seconds more accurate than a cheap one.

Srsly you don't need an expensive watch to tell you the time. Expensive watches are for status and because they look ******* awesome and because it gives pleasure to know that the materials and mechanics are super refined... Even though it doesn't make any difference to your life if one is a few seconds more accurate than a cheap one.

Actually, a $50 quartz will be more accurate than a mecanical watch that costs thousands. Its not really about that for me. Mechanical watches are just cool and have more character. They certainly are not more accurate. Everyone has their passions, and for me its watches. When you like anything, you usually go after the best and that usually comes at a price.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back