Croweater

Club Legend
Apr 1, 2013
Somewhere
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt FC, Arsenal FC,
I saw an Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Dual Time in Stainless Steel with a blue dial and a blue leather band in a store earlier today.

Want. Badly.

Ceanag

Club Legend
Jul 16, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda
Well then
These watches are still available ... I have the HKED version also known as the ED1963 version

63%20Seagull%201.jpg

The guy (user name HKED) is a trusted and respected member on watchuseek forum.
In my opinion he makes the best version in conjunction with his chinese partners.
I have the cream dial with gold hands which is the closest to the original 1963 watch .
He is reliable and safe to order from.
Just send an enquiry to Ed at etse249@gmail.com re the 1963 Chinese Airforce watch and he will send pics of available models,prices and postage cost.
See this huge post on watchuseek and there is nothing you won't know about this watch by the end of it.
http://forums.watchuseek.com/f72/1963-chinese-air-force-style-watches-thomas-others-821627.html
My advice is to work back from the last post as the thread originally started in 2013 and has 121 pages.

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
These watches are still available ... I have the HKED version also known as the ED1963 version

63%20Seagull%201.jpg

The guy (user name HKED) is a trusted and respected member on watchuseek forum.
In my opinion he makes the best version in conjunction with his chinese partners.
I have the cream dial with gold hands which is the closest to the original 1963 watch .
He is reliable and safe to order from.
Just send an enquiry to Ed at etse249@gmail.com re the 1963 Chinese Airforce watch and he will send pics of available models,prices and postage cost.
See this huge post on watchuseek and there is nothing you won't know about this watch by the end of it.
http://forums.watchuseek.com/f72/1963-chinese-air-force-style-watches-thomas-others-821627.html
My advice is to work back from the last post as the thread originally started in 2013 and has 121 pages.
Oh that post was mine, Got it from the US, Awesome Watch.

Ceanag

Club Legend
Jul 16, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda
Oh that post was mine, Got it from the US, Awesome Watch.
Yes it's an excellent watch for the price ..and one of the few brand new watches I own, as I generally prefer vintage.
Although it does have an excellent vintage vibe.
Which version did you get ?

I bought the Carpenter Brooklyn M2 in September. Carpenter began as a kickstarter campaign and each of the original three designs (M1, M2 and M3) was of a limited run of 175. Those editions are now sold out. A fourth design (M4) was released as a run of 50 watches.

BlackDial_Web_1024x1024.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 27, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wests Tigers, Everton
I love this. The blue hands gives a casual feel but retains elegance

Yep, I was after something that was dressy enough for work but could easily wear out in the evenings too. Also wanted a white face watch with a brown leather strap so ticked that box too.

I think it works well with the white face and blue hands personally. It is more of a darkish chocolate brown.

It looks nice but it's just been a little overdone.

Maybe Charcoal with Navy stitching wouldn't look so good, but would be nice to see some subtle changes.

Nice purchase, so enjoy.

Demosthenes

Premiership Player
Jun 9, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Nice watch, but more of a daytime than evening piece. Brown leather after sunset is a bit of a faux pas.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back