Beauty & Style Wrist Watch lovers

Remove this Banner Ad

20122949-905-640x360.jpg

Got this for my 21st birthday in the mid 90's. Still goes and only had battery changed twice!

bushwood

Club Legend
Jan 11, 2009
home
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Pistons, 36'ers
In Melbourne for weekend, been looking at an Aquis for a while. Tried one on and got a price in one store told them I'd be back tomorrow to purchase went for a walk off Burke street mall saw a shop that said 15% off storewide was lucky enough that they had the Aquis and they were 40.5% off got the last two one with grey dial and blue bezel for my brothers 40th and the black dial for myself. So lucky and happy with the purchase.
IMG_0940.JPG

outabounds

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 21, 2009
Lygon Street
AFL Club
Carlton
For most people $10000 worth of watches would not be considered very humble....
Humble compared to what you can pay I guess, people have different priorities, I don't buy a packet of cigarettes for $30 every day for example. There would be several thousand there but not 10!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ceanag

Club Legend
Jul 16, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda
Humble compared to what you can pay I guess, people have different priorities, I don't buy a packet of cigarettes for $30 every day for example. There would be several thousand there but not 10!
Originally thought your Speedie was the Professional so yes maybe $10000 a touch high ..nice collection though.
Like you, most of my favourite watches also have a black dial.

View attachment 393631 Just added this IWC Pilot to my very small watch collection. It's simple but I really liked the simplicity in its design. Not a fan of all the complications of other watches. I have my Apple Watch as a daily driver, and it has enough stuff on it.

For me, IWC make the best watches based on design

My favourite is the yacht club which can be worn casual or in formal settings.

May 10, 2007
Under the table
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
View attachment 393631 Just added this IWC Pilot to my very small watch collection. It's simple but I really liked the simplicity in its design. Not a fan of all the complications of other watches. I have my Apple Watch as a daily driver, and it has enough stuff on it.

Nice, very nice.

I tried this beast on yesterday and it might be a love affair I have to consummate:
IW500916_Mood.7a521f9c247c2063ceb85d6dc0ebcc4f.jpg

ash_1050

Premiership Player
Nov 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory and Arsenal
ccc.jpeg
bb.jpg

Decided I'll get myself a graduation present in the form of a watch at the end of the year. At the moment the Oris Artelier Complication is leading the charge as it's a good all rounder. Undecided about the blue or rose-gold design.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back