Beauty & Style Wrist Watch lovers

Remove this Banner Ad

May 10, 2007
Under the table
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
Unfortunately he can’t wear it as his body sends the battery out of wack, but it looks mighty fine. (Numerous replacements from the company has not worked, so we have concluded it must be him). It’s a shame it just sits there collecting dust. May need to convince him to get a few links taken off :D

GFs are so cute when they talk about watches! :D

Pretty sure this model has a manual wind movement, so if you are looking for a battery or expecting it to wind itself, that might be the first problem.

May 10, 2007
Under the table
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
My buddy just dropped a month or two's salary on a Glashutte Original Senator Chrono Panaroma Date.
<snip>
The SECOND HAND FALLS OFF.

Looks like Monards is coming good with the warranty and replacing it with an all-new unit. So they should.

William Wonka

Jesus died for somebodies sins but not mine
May 28, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Rolex make one or two nice looking pieces but their movements are worth about $300...They do retain a decent resale value on the second hand market, but I have never owned one, nor do I plan on owning one.

hardened mineral crystal which makes it highly scratch resistant. Look, for the money you'd pay for that Rolex, you can get yourself something more sophisticated. The reason I mention JLC is the fact that they do their own testing and don't submit to COSC like most other Swiss watch manufacturers.

Rolexes are for people that know names but don’t know watches.

Tell you one to look at that is extremely well crafted and probably one the most accurate in the world, Grand Seiko! and Seiko Prospex. I have a MM300 Prospex and it is the most accurate watch I've ever owned...and the finish is better than most of my Swiss watches, and it's movement puts Rolex to shame.

4u4ugu2e.jpg
Your post pretty much says it all re. Rolex, the very definition of overrated.
JLC every single time.

Loving that MM300, keep meaning to look into getting one but Ive got a couple of Seiko Divers already.

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
On New Years Eve a crowded venue and some aggressive opening of doors led to my Daniel Wellington being cracked/smash on the front glass facing.

Anyone replaced the glass/facing of one of these before? I assume general watch shops could repair it for nothing to deer?

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Picked up my first Rolex Submariner in a watch auction in Melbourne last week, having a custom leather strap made for it at the moment.

Pics to follow in the next few weeks.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
How much?

I never knew these auctions existed.

$4k, which was a bit of a bargain, they usually go $7-$8.5k

They are around, like most things.

Usually looking at 30%-40% discounts on dealers.

It's obviously where a lot of dealers pick up their stock.

I picked up my Omega Speedmaster moonwatch at one about 5 years ago.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
$4k, they are around, like most things.

Usually looking at 30%-40% discounts on dealers.

It's obviously where a lot of dealers pick up their stock.

I picked up my Omega Speedmaster moonwatch at one about 5 years ago.
I meant, what did you pay at the auction.

Vincero watches pop up on my FB feed, and while they aren't a renowned brand, they do look nice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tryitout

All Australian
Jan 11, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Picked this up as a summer t shirt watch on Friday. Got to say its awesome for the price.

DSC62951.jpg
Apologies for the ancient reply, just found this page but there is something so understated and cool about these type of Seiko watches. Not to rag on someones personal choice but for me this is the opposite of type of person that wears this as to what wears a Rolex. Kind of a working class type of watch or something, not concerned with what people think etc. I find it hard to explain but very cool.

May 10, 2007
Under the table
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
Been a while but I got this last week.

View attachment 1023634

Niiiiiiice. I am well and truly after one of these too, I reckon. Still to work through whether to go blue or black, but it's built like a tank and the dial gets better the more you look at it. Do tell how it wears and goes for you!

outabounds

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 21, 2009
Lygon Street
AFL Club
Carlton
Niiiiiiice. I am well and truly after one of these too, I reckon. Still to work through whether to go blue or black, but it's built like a tank and the dial gets better the more you look at it. Do tell how it wears and goes for you!
it wears really well. Very comfortable. It has a bit of thickness to it but it is 500 m diver with a helium escape valve. The bracelet is a work of art. I tried swapping it over to the rubber strap but changed back to the bracelet after an hour. In my opinion, it hits the sweet spot between wearability and wrist presence. the lume is also unbelievable. I have several other nice watches but nothing else id getting a look in.

Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
it wears really well. Very comfortable. It has a bit of thickness to it but it is 500 m diver with a helium escape valve. The bracelet is a work of art. I tried swapping it over to the rubber strap but changed back to the bracelet after an hour. In my opinion, it hits the sweet spot between wearability and wrist presence. the lume is also unbelievable. I have several other nice watches but nothing else id getting a look in.
Let me know if it works at -500m.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back