Beauty & Style Wrist Watch lovers

Remove this Banner Ad

Not really a fan of wrist watches although I did like fooling around with this one ...

1_329879096l.jpg

It's not really the calculator that interested me; it was the remote! Used to use it to mess with the TVs at an electronics store or somebody else's house. And nobody would have a clue what's going on. :p

Sometimes you'd need to program it, but most times it'd work.

Probably get arrested for terrorism in the USA for that :eek:

Thought i would kick some life into this thread and show you my latest purchase. Its a Tissot Visodate which is a modern re release of a 1957 version. The retro style appeals to me. Something to wear while my Omega gets serviced!

P1040580.jpg

P1040584.jpg

Picture3.png

Looks far better in real life (1st and 2nd) pics than in the 3rd. Nice watch.

How do you find the quality of leather straps holds after years of use?

Only thing that has really ever stopped me from seriously considering getting one. Wouldn't wanna go through the trouble of having to replace a strap that might not be able to match the aesthetics of its predecessor.

Looks far better in real life (1st and 2nd) pics than in the 3rd. Nice watch.

How do you find the quality of leather straps holds after years of use?

Only thing that has really ever stopped me from seriously considering getting one. Wouldn't wanna go through the trouble of having to replace a strap that might not be able to match the aesthetics of its predecessor.

The strap is ok. Only had the watch a week so we will see how durable it is. I've bought a few straps on the net from Germany and will put something better on it if i see any deterioration. But yes, you do need to replace the leather strap every few years if you wear the watch every day.
I wont be wearing this one that much as I have a couple of others on rotation.

Thought i would kick some life into this thread and show you my latest purchase. Its a Tissot Visodate which is a modern re release of a 1957 version. The retro style appeals to me. Something to wear while my Omega gets serviced!

P1040580.jpg

P1040584.jpg

Picture3.png

This watch wins the thread for me, i dont wear a watch atm but would love that,

need a new watch. used to have only one pair (think i posted it somewhere in this thread), got lost while travelling.. :(

been putting off buying a new one but i am now officially on the market for a new watch - let the hunting begin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wear an Omega Speedmaster myself, as my regular day-to-day watch. I have a couple of vintage watches... an Omega Seamaster:

image1xxl-1.jpg

and a Seiko Sportsmatic:

SS01+(01).jpg

Love them both. Am definitely starting to turn into a watches nut, will probably end up with a collection.

I'm about to drop some hard-earned on this bad-boy:

om287_im.jpg

Looks good, well-made, interesting movement, crystal-caseback, dresses-up or -down.... I think it's the one.

Info and some good pics.

Sensational! looks equally good on a black leather strap. Its actually right up there in my book as one of the very nicest Omegas. drop some pics on here when you get hold of it.

I've never been a huge watch lover, have not worn one for years (since about 2003 - 2004), should i ever have the desire to get one.... i am more of a digital watch wearer (not necessarily like the Casio design as shown over the last page or so).

My dad had a few watches that had both the digital clock and the traditional hand design in the face, it was funny over a 2 year period my mum got him the same watch face, but with a different band and didn't know until it was pointed out (one metallic the other not metallic, but the kind of style you'd find on a sports watch).

I'd totally wear the watch Arnie used in Commando :p

I love this watch, picked one up last week.

For the guy asking about price I went to Mazzucchellis and the price tag said $750 but they sold it for $565.

Thats fantastic. I got mine for the same price. loving mine. Hope you wear it in good health. Rapt you went out and got one.

Amongst other things, the winding mechanism is platinum. The endstone is a diamond. The winding mechanism is so finely tuned that it doesn't use oil - oil would actually create friction. It is a tourbillon - one of the most complex pieces of mechanical watchmaking ever invented, designed to negate gravity and enhance escapement.

But ultimately, Harry Winston is about conspicuous consumption. No watch is actually worth a quarter of a million dollars. The price reflects the status - the idea that a watch is a work of art. Other 'superwatches' are similar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back